Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

@aviator

2 days is all it lasted...hope u have better luck

@shahab

Wat ahppened?

Broken or lost its functionality

Keep me posted abt any new screen that u will order pl.

does not function anymore...m not ordering anymore screens...will use keypad

This E-bay stuff is really odd.

Nywaz, will keep u posted when i will get my screen.

It has already been 10 days since it ws shipped.

Lets see.....

Dear Gurus

I have a Palm Treo and I am quite Happy with it, however in the recent past, the handset earpiece started troubling and after getting advise , ordered speaker from Ebay and replaced the speaker and the phone is back as good as earlier.

One problem that I have faced is roaming, I have updated the PRL to PRL 2 , but recently as I went to Ma Viashno devi, J & K, the phone wasn't working. need help advise and support , what should I Do

Pls help me out

regards

Rohit

Seeing that there are so many 755p users, may be we should request Sadikk to stock a few spares as well. That way we know it is good stuff and common place to acquire.

@rohit

In J&K, I think only Post paid works, not Prepaid.... and thats for all Reliance phones, not specifically yours.... This is a fantastic phone and have been using 2 pieces... Very Simple & Easy to Use...

@rohit

In J&K, I think only Post paid works, not Prepaid.... and thats for all Reliance phones, not specifically yours.... This is a fantastic phone and have been using 2 pieces... Very Simple & Easy to Use...

@dkaile

Dear Bro,

In J&K, reliance CDMA has only 3 towers - One near railway stn(In jammu) and 2 at Gulmarg and Pehalgam (In srinagar).

However, Reliance GSM has got excellent coverage across the state (even in small villages). Reliance is planning to launch its CDMA in full swing somtime in 2010-11.

Tata Indicom is the only CDMA player.

N Regarding Prepaid and postpaid, if u have a prepaid from other state, it won't work in J&K. Postpaid from other state does work.

Currently J&K has Airtel, Aircel, vodafone, airtel, reliance(GSM), tata Indicom(CDMA). Idea is in the launching phase.

BTW..........If anyone from our beloved forum is visiting J&K, call me @9205012719. I will surely help you with the arrangements (since m a local guy here)

Seeing that there are so many 755p users, may be we should request Sadikk to stock a few spares as well. That way we know it is good stuff and common place to acquire.

I Agree..........

@Sadikk bhai - Pl look into it.

Well, i think parwin can also do that. Wat say?

guys guys....

I m postpaid user, and was previously the HR head of the company which provided RF,O &M manpower and setup support to the lucent reliance, zte reliance projects esp J& K.

The reliance network has much more than 3 sites in jammu n kashmir,I am sure

I had 3 RIM phones in the group the remaining 2 worked seamlessly on nokia n lg handsets, i guess this is a PRL issue but need advise. i remeber dhiraj having roaming issues earlier

Edited by rohitgaur

no prl issue after updating to the reliance international prl..... its a J&K specific issue and I think aviator has given the right answer....

guys guys....

I m postpaid user, and was previously the HR head of the company which provided RF,O &M manpower and setup support to the lucent reliance, zte reliance projects esp J& K.

The reliance network has much more than 3 sites in jammu n kashmir,I am sure

I had 3 RIM phones in the group the remaining 2 worked seamlessly on nokia n lg handsets, i guess this is a PRL issue but need advise. i remeber dhiraj having roaming issues earlier

@Rohit

I had one reliance postpaid CDMA in punjab and it used to work well in Jammu near my home(which is 1.5 Km from rly stn.)

When i closed the connection (since i migrated from punjab to my home), reliance Customer retention fella told me this.

Add to it , i have one close friend working in reliance.

Where have u been in J&k. I mean which areas? Jammu only??????? and does your nokia and LG handset worked fine everywhere????

Do lemme knw. And if its an PRL issue, I will confirm with my friend in reliance and revert back.

@Dhiraj & Aviator

The issue is different, while it was working on two other handsets (Reliance CDMA). My treo was the only Non working reliance CDMA, Imagine it was all working from Katra to the Main Bhawan, I was able to call customer care as well but No other calls...

Pls upload the PRL file again so that I can update my PRL Again

@rohit

@dkaile

Dear Bro,

In J&K, reliance CDMA has only 3 towers - One near railway stn(In jammu) and 2 at Gulmarg and Pehalgam (In srinagar).

However, Reliance GSM has got excellent coverage across the state (even in small villages). Reliance is planning to launch its CDMA in full swing somtime in 2010-11.

N Regarding Prepaid and postpaid, if u have a prepaid from other state, it won't work in J&K. Postpaid from other state does work.

Currently J&K has Airtel, Aircel, vodafone, airtel, reliance(GSM), tata Indicom(CDMA). Idea is in the launching phase.

BTW..........If anyone from our beloved forum is visiting J&K, call me @9205012719. I will surely help you with the arrangements (since m a local guy here)

hi buddy what about BSNL network in ur state ??

@rohit

@dkaile

Dear Bro,

hi buddy what about BSNL network in ur state ??

BSNL is good here, even in the interiors.

BSNL and Airtel are the best bet in J&K. Present in every corner.

Reliance GSM is also good but is in the expansion phase. So, it may take some time for it to be fully present.

BSNL is good. You may nt get full signals everywhere but 2 - 3 bars are present almost everywhere.

But remember,other state postpaid only will work here.

@Dhiraj & Aviator

The issue is different, while it was working on two other handsets (Reliance CDMA). My treo was the only Non working reliance CDMA, Imagine it was all working from Katra to the Main Bhawan, I was able to call customer care as well but No other calls...

Pls upload the PRL file again so that I can update my PRL Again

@rohit

1. Pl lemme knw whether you were getting signals enroute from jammu to katra (a stretch of 60 kms.)

2. What did the customer care people say?

If this is a PRL issue, even international PRL won't work.

I had very bad experience with TATA.

I think Kalpak sir can help you in this.

@kShah sir

What is your opinion? Is this related to the same prob that i had...

@rohit

5. Switch/Upgrade to new international prl immediately.... Post 798

Can someone provide sms lock software (cracked) for 755P

@ shahab

Using palm without touchscreen is very tuf........

one has to let go group text msgs..........

Even u cannot copy a contact and send it via sms........

Will be real tuf........

Have u searched for any reliable touchscreen in india

no aviator, the moment I woke up at jammu stn , my cell was getting signals but no call was getting thru.

the ccare people are nothing but phone hold mechanisms, I was on hold frm sanjhi chhatt almost till the bhawan :'(

Edited by rohitgaur

no aviator, the moment I woke up at jammu stn , my cell was getting signals but no call was getting thru.

the ccare people are nothing but phone hold mechanisms, I was on hold frm sanjhi chhatt almost till the bhawan crying.gif

Dhiraj , post 798 shows cdma updater but no prl file....

pls reload...

Ok...........

U can try International PRL but with me (i am a tata user), the prob was with channels which kalpak sir fixed up.

I think they change the channels for security reasons, atleast that ws wat tata ppl told me.

U can also PM Kshah sir to help......

the cdma updater has prl file built in; read the whole post, u need to update prl in that only... its working fine for me nearly ALL INDIA... though I havnt been to Jammu with this phone, but most of north and south india...

.. though I havnt been to Jammu with this phone, but most of north and south india...

BTW..........Come to J&K sometime dhiraj bhai.......

It will be a pleasure meeting you........

Edited by aviator

Got the screen today.

Tried fixing it but it seems the old screen is permanently glued to digitiser (the metallic part)

Any ideas how i can seperate them.

It seems very tuf indeed.

@shahab

Hw did u fixed the screen?

Can someone provide sms lock software (cracked) for 755P

Use Teal Lock posted some pages back..

• Like 1

Got the screen today.

Tried fixing it but it seems the old screen is permanently glued to digitiser (the metallic part)

Any ideas how i can seperate them.

It seems very tuf indeed.

@shahab

Hw did u fixed the screen?

Screen replaced. Touch screen working fine as of now.

Lets see after a week or so (if it lasts for a week...lol)

Here's the method to replace touchscreen, hope someone in need finds it useful:

• Have a clean (lint free) cloth handy
  • The case splits in front and back... once you take the six screws out of the back, you want to separate the back and the front
  • The video may help :
  • Once you have sepearted the screen, you need to disintegerate digitizer and touch screen
  • The digitizer is glued to a metal frame. A teeny little bit of prying force with a plastic knife was sufficient enough to separate the front metal frame from its mate which is attached to the LCD panel. Try running the plastic knife on the edges of the glass screen. one needs to use a bit of force. Don't panic if the glass digitiser breaks. It may break at 2-3 places as in my case. Just take care not to damage the metal beneath
  • Use the aforementioned knife to gently separate the digitizer from its metal frame. The glass digitizer I received had protective plastic on both sides... remove the plastic from the back side only, then remove the paper over the conveniently included double-sided tape and attach the digitizer to the metal frame.
  • Peel the front protective plastic off the digitizer before installing into the front bezel.

Edited by aviator