Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

Dude.. any Idea for the resell Price the Palm Treo 755p>>> The phone is in xcellent condition... Protected with a Silicon cover....

Dude.. any Idea for the resell Price the Palm Treo 755p>>> The phone is in xcellent condition... Protected with a Silicon cover....

Just post pics in Buy n Sell section...........

Post a suitable price.......

If it not more than 6 months old, i think the right price wud be around 8000, plus or minus 500 Rs.

100 LOT WHOLESALE TOUCH SCREEN FOR PALM TREO 650/680 US @ 245 $ + 30 $ shipping.

The link's here :

http://cgi.ebay.com/...34.c0.m14.l1262</H1>

Just posting in case someone wanna stock them.......

Edited by aviator

@ sahab

I faced the problem of touchscreen yesterday with my treo 755P.

Since it was 10 PM in night, i had no option but to open it myself.

By fiddling with it, just found that top circuit of digitizer was not properly attached to the screen.

Reattached it and it works

M attaching a paint file with pics. See if it helps in repairing your touchscreen (It may help if there is no fluid/white lines running below your screen)

Just remove the tape behinf LCD and fix the top circuit.

post-59546-125285781392_thumb.jpg

Edited by aviator

Hi,

I have a few queries with respect to Palm Treo 755p

1. Is it possible to transfer a new reliance number on the Treo on an existing one thru Handset change card. If not how it can be done.

2. Can word & Excel file be edited in the Treo 755p. What abt pdf reader

3. Does the mail program support attachments and its editing.

Sorry if these questions have been answered. In the case point me to the relevant topics

1. No, it will be through programming.

2. Yes and yes

3. Yes.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have a few queries with respect to Palm Treo 755p

1. Is it possible to transfer a new reliance number on the Treo on an existing one thru Handset change card. If not how it can be done.

2. Can word & Excel file be edited in the Treo 755p. What abt pdf reader

3. Does the mail program support attachments and its editing.

Sorry if these questions have been answered. In the case point me to the relevant topics

I think u can use HCC for transfering no. to treo.

The procedure has been explained by Kshah sir a few pages back.

^

No dear.... even for that programming will first be needed...

• Like 1

u cannot use HCC cards for imported handsets , its waste of time money and resources

all imported handsets have to be programmed

I am opening this Topic because, let me tell u mates, this is one phone to LOVE.

It may not be a windows mobile phone but the PALM Platform just rocks for persons needing a reliable, lightening fast and never freezing phone.

Important Posts - 823, 832

Some Pointers for newbies:-

This is the topic which will answer all of your questions - http://www.rimweb.in...w...c=16215&hl=

1. Yes, you should immediately upgrade to 1.07 or even 1.08 (now available-post 899); always better to upgrade, 5 minutes job; process and links given in the above topic...Link - http://www.palm.com/...ate/sprint.html

2. Download latest Nokia PC Suite; then create a new profile in Outlook; then sync your 6265 via PC Suite to that profile in Outlook; then HotSync your Treo to that Outlook profile and voila all your Noikia 6265 contacts are into your Treo...

3. Read Post no. 68, 149, 188, 217 & 273 for setting up your internet connection properly from the above topic...

4. Yes, you can put any name instead of Reliance. Read Post 154 and 155 to change name, but it is recommended for advanced users only as it involves editing the NVBackup file in a hex editor and you may mess up something important...

5. Switch/Upgrade to new international prl immediately.... Post 798

Read the following posts in this topic-

Post no. 28 - for some of my favorite softwares

Post no. 34 - to download Sprint Connection Manager

Post no. 68, 139, 188, 217 & 273 for setting up internet connection

Post. no. 98 & 114 to setup Java and Opera

Post no. 154 & 155 - change name

Post no. 257 - upgrade to 1.07

Post no. 899 - upgrade to 1.08

Post no. 261 - copy contacts

Post no. 268 & 269 - setup mail

Post no. 287

Post no. 300 - for opening up Treo Hardware

Post no. 355 - for setting up your favourite image on Screen

Post no. 356 - Bluetooth setup

Post no. 832 - ES* repair/change; prl update

Post no. 939 - Touchscreen repairs

can some one help me with the activation of internet and mms on the 755. saddik bhai thanks for the handsets..

Can someone provide sms lock software (cracked) for 755P

Use Teal Lock posted some pages back..

Couldn't find teal lock in the thread

Kindly post the link or S/W.

Thx Harshal Bro...

The link contains quite a good no. of softwares

Are all the softwares applicable for Treo 755p?

Edited by aKaLMand

Most. Its basically all for Palm OS. Can be for 755p or other Palm OS phones.

Hi Guys...

Its been a while since I posted in here.

Well, water seeped into 755p and it stopped functioning.... I showed it to local mobile repairer, he told me dat he repaied it and phone is working but its LCD screen got damaged.

Now, I am lookin for LCD screen in Mumbai and wat wud be d cost?

Cheers.

Hi Guys...

Its been a while since I posted in here.

Well, water seeped into 755p and it stopped functioning.... I showed it to local mobile repairer, he told me dat he repaied it and phone is working but its LCD screen got damaged.

Now, I am lookin for LCD screen in Mumbai and wat wud be d cost?

Cheers.

Does your screen shows display? i mean can u see the display of treo?

If yes, then u need change the screen only not LCD (around 8$).

If u want whole unit it may cost you around 30$ with shipping

order from ebay kr-stores. its good

if i remove this proxy settings. it is connecting but no web siter is getting opened. as i tried wap.rworld.co.in, google.com.

i havent been able to connect even once since i got this mobile. i am very upset as sadik is not replying

BTW dkalie and probably me will be of more use than sadik. Leave him selling handsets.

hey have been reading the post. never understood how to use the "picture mail" i mean what are the settings. i want to send mms/picture to other phone/email. i am able to use internet.. thanks to all you people.. t

if i remove this proxy settings. it is connecting but no web siter is getting opened. as i tried wap.rworld.co.in, google.com.

i havent been able to connect even once since i got this mobile. i am very upset as sadik is not replying

BTW dkalie and probably me will be of more use than sadik. Leave him selling handsets.

hey have been reading the post. never understood how to use the "picture mail" i mean what are the settings. i want to send mms/picture to other phone/email. i am able to use internet.. thanks to all you people.. t

i cannot send any data thru bluetooth what the problem ? please help

^^^

u have to use particular app for that , use the search button below

• Like 1

Spectec miniSD WiFi 802.11b card SDW-822

IS IT TRUE THAT WITH WIFI CARD WE CAN CONNECT TO NET WITH TREO 755P>>>

READ THIS ARTICLE... PLZ ADVICE ALL THE TREO MASTER MINDS...

The Treo 750 is a great smartphone that comes up short in one area: WiFi. If you need that local area wireless networking technology because you lack fast 3G coverage at home or work or wish to connect directly to your work Intranet over WiFi, then you're in luck. The Spectec miniSD WiFi 802.11b card is a great companion to the Treo 750, Treo 750v and other WiFi-less Windows Mobile 2003/Windows Mobile 5/Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC and Pocket PC phone and Smartphones with a miniSD slot supporting SDIO (i.e. the Motorola Q and Motorola Q9m).

The 1.5 gram Spectec card is amazingly small and the antenna cap protrudes only a few millimeters out of the card slot. It comes with a CD that includes drivers and a utility for Windows Mobile 2003, 2003SE and Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PCs/Pocket PC phones. It can be used with a miniSD to SD card adapter should you wish to use it in a Pocket PC that has an SD card slot, though Spectec sells SD 802.11b/g SD cards as well.

The software CD includes drivers for a variety of Spectec products, so be sure to select software for the SDW-822 for installation on your Treo 750. You have the choice of installing just the driver, or the driver and a WLAN management utility that's primarily designed for Windows Mobile 2003 and isn't compatible with some Windows Mobile 5 PDAs and phones. In fact, the utility isn't compatible with the Treo 750, giving a "can't open channel" error. No big deal since WiFi support is built into Windows Mobile 5 (though it's well hidden on the stock Treo).

After installing the driver and inserting the card, go to the Palm Wireless Manager application accessible from the right softkey menu on the Today Screen. You'll notice that WiFi has been added to the existing Bluetooth and Phone control buttons on screen, though the WiFi button doesn't actually turn the card on and off. The menu (cleverly labeled "Menu") now lists WiFi settings as an option. This takes you to the standard Windows Mobile 5 wireless card management screen where you can manage your connections. Before you even get there, the little WiFi icon at the top of the task bar on the Today Screen has probably already informed you that wireless networks are in range and is asking you if you wish to connect to one of them. Note that there's a 5 to 7 second delay before the Treo gets the card up and running, and you'll see a very, very small green LED on the card blink when it's active. Don't both going to the Wireless Manager until the card is ready and don't pull it out if nothing happens immediately.

The card protrudes only a tiny bit and the door over the card slot rests behind it on the Treo and hangs loose on the Motorola Q9m.

We found the card and driver to be reliable in our Treo 750. Occasionally if the Treo powered off, it might not find the card so we removed and re-inserted it and were ready to go again. As with all networking cards, the Spectec miniSD WiFi card does drain power. The Treo's standard 1200 mAh battery was taxed a bit and we managed to use up 50% of the battery when using the card to surf the web and test Skype for 1.3 hours. That said, the card consumes only an average of 90mA, which is quite good.

Speeds were decent at 800k as tested on DSL Reports mobile speed test. Ironically, that's slower than 3G speeds with HSPDA enabled in strong coverage areas, and a bit slower than the Cingular 8525's built-in WiFi. But it's not bad and we found media streamed well, email attachments downloaded quickly and web sites loaded fast. Note that the Treo 750 ships with Cingular's proxy enabled for IE only (this is controlled by a registry entry and not an easily accessible setting page). This means that IE will not load pages if you use a WiFi card unless you edit the registry to remove the proxy or use a different web browser such as Opera or NetFront.

Range is acceptable, and we got about 40 feet through walls compared to 65 feet with the Cingular 8525 and even more with a full-sized notebook. Greater range would require both a larger antenna and higher power consumption, neither of which are desirable.

Skype didn't do well with the Treo 750. This isn't Spectec's fault, as it didn't do well using Cingular's HSDPA high speed wireless service either. We tested the high and low (fast and slow CPU) versions of Skype 2.1 and with each we got dropped syllables, 10 second lapses in audio transmission but decent sound (when sound did transmit) using the Treo's included headset. Using the speaker and mic built into the phone yielded lots of echo (even with echo cancellation on) and odd sounding feedback. Skype 2.2 beta (both high and low) crashed when we tried to initiate or receive a call. Perhaps when the final version of 2.2 ships, the Treo will be supported.

If you need WiFi in your Treo 750 or Treo 750v, the Spectec miniSD WiFi card is pretty much your only choice. Fortunately, it's a good choice that works well.

^

that post basically refers to the windows mobile version of this phone and not palm os; though i have seen somewhere such an adapter for plam 755p also, but I seriously recommend, its not worth it...

• Like 2

the wifi adapter cards are only and only for windows based treos it wont work for palm os based treo so palm treo 755p is out of question

^^^

u have to use particular app for that , use the search button below

can't understand sir please explain :signthankspin:

That means the bluetooth "app" in Palm Treo is only to switch on and switch off BT. Receiving is inherently managed by Palm. But, to send anything your best bet would be to do it through RescoExplorer.