Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Updated : Mumbai Terror Attacks 26 November 2008 !

our president is even worst .......

what an irony for india .....

bro the biggest question is whom to vote......there is no potential candidate /parties

and i totally agree with the fact that parties are elected not ideologies.....but atleast one move can be done by our pm .....no one is expecting him to go out of the line.....but in the aftermath of so many attacks and so much of evidence still no action taken by our government besides shuffling the cabinet .....i mean is there no humanity in politicains cant they for once think abt countrymen.....it is really very sad

when i look into history of other countries even they have corrupt, power hungry ploiticians but when sum one kills their people they take stern steps.......and one tihing i cant understand is now FBI is also interrogating and investigating......man how can u let an investigative agency of other country interfere with our investigations .......y do u want to show the world v r so incompetent that v cant even interrogate one militant on our own ....it is a big big shame ......

and more than that when a shooter in olympics gets three crores from government for getting a gold medal ......whne v won twenty twenty world cup the cricketers got 80 lakhs .....and our martyrs who died for our country only were offered 5 lakhs......i m heart broken ....have no words to express my resentment

Frustration leads to passimism. So what ever may be the reason, unless we Indian do not assume responsibility of current situation, we will never find any solution.

My belief (Purely my view points)

When we got independet, generation of our parents (and one generation after them) who had dreams but they were too non transperant, egoistic and emotional and kept on electing people who were not worth any thing, eventually India's electoral system went to dogs and corruption became norm, our generation, who got power to vote after about the year of 1990, if you look at them they are not happy with the way their fathers and forefathers behaved, so they kept on changing loyalty, hence now more incumbancy factor than ever before. But still this generation is not as transperant and honest as current generation, whose age is less than 25 years. I am sure if our generation (I am 40 years) keeps faith of current generation alive, they will try throw away all dirty things in our society, like cast, creeds, dishonesty and many others - and generation next to them will live very happy life. We have yet 35-50 years to go to become super power. Power should be in hands of younger people. If you look at chandrababu and Narendra modi, they are younger so worked well in new environment.

President? Who is he / she? Last and the ONLY PRESIDENT OF INDIA WAS DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM

Edited by kshah

Last and the ONLY PRESIDENT OF INDIA WAS DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM

^^^

He was the best President ever in India.

after this incident people r frustrated .....everyone wants to do something to change it....but our legal system and constitution paralysis every1......no matter whomsoever we elect the corruption is not goin to go so easily .........

and i agree that the youth shud stand up now ....but this is india here no politician cares .....

t

and about "super power"....with these kind of politicians forget it ....v can never will b unless some major turnover of government takes place

lets hope for the best thats what I can say.....I CUD ONLY ASKS OUR MEMBERS TO TAKE PART IN THE PROTESTS GOIN ON IN THEIR RESPECTIVE CITIES TODAY EVENING

Please read the article titled "I VOTE NOBODY" IN TODAY'S TIMES OF INDIA EDITION (Page 4 extreme right column) :

Did you know that there is a system in our constitution, as per the 1969 act, in section "49-O" that a person can go to the polling booth, confirm his identity, get his finger marked and convey the presiding election officer that he doesn't want to vote anyone!

Yes such a feature is available, but obviously these leaders have never disclosed it.

This is called "49-O".

Why should you go and say "I VOTE NOBODY" because, in a ward, if a candidate wins, say by 123 votes, and that particular ward has received "49-O" votes more than 123, then that polling will be cancelled and will have to be re-polled. Not only that, but the candidature of the contestants will be removed and they cannot contest the re-polling, since people had already expressed their decision on them.

This would bring fear into parties and hence look for genuine candidates for their parties for election. This would change the way; of our whole political system.... it is seemingly surprising why the election commission has not revealed such a feature to the public.

Please spread this news to as many as you know.

Seems to be a wonderful weapon against corrupt parties in India ... show your power, expressing your desire not to vote for anybody, is even more powerful than voting... so don't miss your chance. So either vote, or vote not to vote (vote 49-O) and pass this info on.

Use your voting right for a better INDIA.

RDX found at CST: Police

Press Trust of India l 3 Dec l Mumbai

A week after the terrorists struck Mumbai in a big way, two bags containing four kg RDX were found inside Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) here today, Joint Commissioner of Police Rakesh Maria said.

The bags were found among abandoned luggages of persons who had been injured or killed in the terror attack on the night of November 26.

The bags have been taken away by the Bomb Disposal Squad, Maria said, adding searches are being conducted in the station premises.

Even in my opinion DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM was best President

Kindly do it .

Please view and endorse the enclosed page at PetitionOnline.com:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/26novAct/petition.html

On 7th December 2008 this petition will be attempted to be presented to the

Prime Minister of India. Till 7th December, endeavour is to collect at least

1 million signatures. Probably such mass need may stir the administration to

take visible and needful action. Please sign and forward to as many people

known to you as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

whome to vote, most of these ppl not even completed thier studies :(

This happens because we vote parties not the person or ideology.

^^^

Very rightly said my dear Kalpak.

Kya abhi bhi sab log so rahe hain. JAAGO AUR APNA VOTE DALO.

Regards.

^^^

Then only one thing could be done my dear friend :

PRESIDENT'S RULE ALL OVER INDIA.

Yes we need President's rule, but not like rubber stamp President. We need Mr. Abdul Kalam or same as him. We need Educated, broadminded people as our President.

Dear Friends, do not give your valuable votes to the politicians. Now it is the time to join us regardless caste, gender, language, etc. We don't want Congress, CPI(M), BJP, or all other parties which the party leaders only knows that there should be a political party. We want true leaders those who stands for normal people. Those who stands for India, those who stands for indian unity.

and where are those true leaders?

if we want a revolution there have to be sacrifices. Some of the well educated people have to give up their careers and take up politics. who will it be? are you willing to do that?

No.

I dont mean to be cynical, but let us all agree that we as people are corrupt. I have always believed that people of country get leaders that they deserve. After all leaders are elected amongst us. They are not a different species. till the time we as people decide that we want a change i dont think we can change much.

Edited by tanveer

Hey tanveer,

You are wrong. Things can change. We can bring the change. It's upto us to decide if we want change and if yes hen work for it. Don't expect others to work for you. I've already posted on rimweb.in. You'll here soon on things that I intend to do. I'm looking for all possible people to come forward and work for the same idea. The tough job here is where to start from? I'm trying to get people who are willing to get into politics(this includes me and I'm in). I wish if one person could do it. I'm looking for more people so that the results are achieved.

Frankly, we all are in politics - else why would we discuss so much about it? Indians are in to politics always.

It is our fear which keeps us away from it. We do not want to loose our comforts and freedom, so we are looking for other to do job for us and search leaders. I am also like this. Because I do not want to assume responsibility, I look for leader. Agreed every one cant be leader - but certinly leader is always from us.

all the best vishal.

i never meant that nothing can change. it would require herculean sincerity towards the purpose.

I have join this group of people in mumbai when went to lit candles, around 150 youth talking about the issue.

We are now taking it forward. we are still in touch through Emails.

Also started google group called Talk Sabha

we are planning to intrude into politics by choosing our own candidates, or mass NO-Votes through 49-O.

also started Facebook group. Please send me email subject line - "Join" so ill add u to this mailing list and join u.

Also visit www.smallchange.in and sign petition. It started by some known Music Director.

i am very much active in this now a days. Pla card standing with some basic and urgent questions will be organised shortly and will stand at CM office until we get our answers.

@vishal seth what r u planning to do ??

also my frend runs this blog this blog www.voteindia.in... there is also a motion goin on here ....

also my dear frends lemme tell u one thing since past few days wrong information abt 49-0 is doing the rounds thru emails which has been even copy pasted in this thread...my frend who runs the above mentioned site since few yrs has researched about this 49-0 and this is what is the truth

"If an elector, after his electoral roll number has been duly entered in the register of voters in Form-17A and has put his signature or thumb impression thereon as required under sub-rule (1) of rule 49L, decided not to record his vote, a remark to this effect shall be made against the said entry in Form 17A by the presiding officer and the signature or thumb impression of the elector shall be obtained against such remark.

This Infers that in no case will there be a re polling in the said constituency, however the negative/neutral vote is registered and counted so as to cross check on the total number of votes polled. VoteIndia.in encourages Voters to cast a protest vote incase they feel there is no right candidate to vote for. "

Here is what the Election Commission has to say on NEGATIVE / NEUTRAL VOTING: The Commission has received proposals from a very large number of individuals and organizations that there should be a provision enabling a voter to reject all the candidates in the constituency if he does not find them suitable. In the voting using the conventional ballot paper and ballot boxes, an elector can drop the ballot paper without marking his vote against any of the candidates, if he chooses so. However, in the voting using the Electronic Voting Machines, such a facility is not available to the voter. Although, Rule 49 O of the Conduct of Election Rules, 1961 provides that an elector may refuse to vote after he has been identified and necessary entries made in the Register of Electors and the marked copy of the electoral roll, the secrecy of voting is not protected here inasmuch as the polling officials and the polling agents in the polling station get to know about the decision of such a voter.

The Commission recommends that the law should be amended to specifically provide for negative / neutral voting. For this purpose, Rules 22 and 49B of the Conduct of Election Rules, 1961 may be suitably amended adding a provision that in the ballot paper and the particulars on the ballot unit, in the column relating to names of candidates, after the entry relating to the last candidate, there shall be a column ìNone of the above, to enable a voter to reject all the candidates, if he chooses so. Such a proposal was earlier made by the Commission in 2001 (vide letter dated 10.12.2001).

(A petition by the People ís Union for Civil Liberties seeking such a provision filed at the time of the recent general elections is pending before the Honíble Supreme Court)

u can also google this to confirm

this is what the reality is ......so plz just dont go on emails which r doing rounds though there is a provision for "no vote " but there is no provision for re election or cancellation

if u still wanna confirm just check out this blog. ....the writer himself practised 49-0 during delhi elections ......he himself confirms the reality of 49-0

http://biotech-geek.com/blog2/2008/11/29/i...elhi-elections/

( mods plz dont remove this external links ...let the people know abt 49-0)

I have join this group of people in mumbai when went to lit candles, around 150 youth talking about the issue.

We are now taking it forward. we are still in touch through Emails.

Also started google group called Talk Sabha

we are planning to intrude into politics by choosing our own candidates, or mass NO-Votes through 49-O.

also started Facebook group. Please send me email subject line - "Join" so ill add u to this mailing list and join u.

Also visit www.smallchange.in and sign petition. It started by some known Music Director.

i am very much active in this now a days. Pla card standing with some basic and urgent questions will be organised shortly and will stand at CM office until we get our answers.

Dear Saddik,

Is there any progress going on? Please continue...

We are with you...

And please keep this thread alive....

thanks

Santhosh

INDIA CAN WAIT NO MORE

Dear Friends,

Jagrut Nagrik Manch is an independent platform formed to chart a new political culture and make the country's policy citizen-centric.

Every 26th, it will meet at the Gateway and take up two issues - one which is action oriented to challenge the established political system and another - a serious system reform. Shall try and give the basis and information along with weblinks wherever relavant.

Therefore on the 26th December we shall be gathering in thousands at the Gateway at 4.30 pm. As a precursor to the same, on the 24th Dec at 3 pm, we shall be holding a press conference at Marathi Patrakar Sangh, Azad Maidan, opposite VT station. 26th December, where we shall

1. Issue ultimatum to the government and corporation to remove all the illegal political banners failing which the citizens will take direct action from 21st January onwards.

2. Demand for an empowered, directly elected CEO for Mumbai

Removal of illegal banners:

Objective :A challenge by the new political culture to the existing divisive, corrupt, criminalized political system.

Reason :A political culture which is sycophancy driven, power hungry and completely corrupt is best signified by the various illegal banners, boards and flags on every junction of Mumbai. The impotent and wink-wink nudge-nudge bureaucracy does not have the power to ensure its writ. The banners signify all that is wrong with our political culture and is a manifestation of a political system that has brought the nation to this sorry state. Therefore, the birth of a new revolution must start by taking direct action against one of the symbols of this self serving political culture in a non partisan manner.

Action Plan: We shall write humbly while issueing an ultimatum to the BMC, State Government and relevant departments asking them to ensure all illegal banners, flags and boards are removed throughout the city of Mumbai by the 20th of Jan 2009

In case, our ultimatum is not acted upon - on 21st December we shall take on a major junction in one part of the city and thousands of us will gather in presence of electronic media and deface the name of the party / individual who has done the illegal act of putting up the banner with black paint. Care will be taken not to deface the pictures of the martyrs, if they are there on the banners. On the 22nd, we shall gather in still larger numbers on another junction and do the same...till the 25th Jan. by which time a huge groundswell of support will be visible across the country.

Facts and background : 1. High court on 31st Jan 2008, pulled up the BMC for its inability to remove illegal banners, flags and boards

2. On an RTI application by Bhagwanji Raiyani, an activist asking if the banners and hoarding put up by political parties in Vile Parle were permitted by BMC, it was replied that no person in his area had taken any permission and therefore it was illegal. The same would be true of the entire city.

3. The Maharashtra Prevention of Defacement of Property Act was enacted by the state government that gives authority to local bodies such as the municipal corporation to take action against illegal hoardings. "The government should be asking the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) why no action is being taken against illegal banners," an official remarked.

4. A 2004 BMC circular restricts the number of political banners by a single political party to ten in one ward at a time. The maximum size allowed is 10 ftx3ft and it can be put up for not more than three days. At any given time, the city cannot have more than 100 political banners. "All rules are flouted, many of the banners are over 30 ft in height posing a hindrance to traffic,'' said gynaecologist Anahita Pundole, who had taken the BMC to court for allowing illegal hoardings to come up. Political parties have to pay a ground rent of Rs 500 and a security deposit of Rs 100, which they forfeit in case they do not remove the hoardings on time."But for every Rs 100 that the BMC gets, it ends up spending ten times the amount on manpower and machinery required to remove these,'' said

Bhagwanji Raiyani, another petitioner who had particularly challenged the mushrooming of political banners.

5. Juhu corporator Adolf D'Souza admits that he himself has had to fight a losing battle against this nuisance.

"During our ward's prabhat samiti meetings I have tried telling other corporators to restrict the political banners in their wards, but they do not welcome this idea

6. Although the majority of outdoor political messaging is put up illegally without payment of fees, enforcing counter measures is difficult and time-consuming. As political workers fail to take down billboards after the passing of an election or rally, or wishing birthdays and vadh diwas -removal becomes a burden for the city authorities. Despite the introduction of laws to eradicate unwanted political slogans from the cityscape, therefore mobilising public opinion against illegitimate political hoardings is the only way to effect change.With so many parties flouting all regulations, any move by the local authorities won't necessarily correlate in reality. There are just too many loopholes to overcome.

Therefore, friends, change will not happen by sitting in drawing rooms and discussing, change will not happen by sending demands, asking questions - change will take place when we come to the streets and convert this anger into a steely resolve and determination to reclaim this great nation from the clutches of a rotten system.

Gandhiji said in 1932 "The time for petitions, demands, pleas, requests is over, the time has come for direct action"

Thanks for reading this, in a couple of days, the details of our second demand - fully empowered CEO for Mumbai will be sent vide mail. Why dont you join jagrutnagrik@yahoogroups.com, so that communication becomes simpler?

Love

Mayank Gandhi, Volunteer JNM. Cell: 992 078 8909. http://votemumbai.org/dem.asp