Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
situ1962

The New Palm To Look Out For

So has anyone on relianc or tata experienced call drops on Treo?

no the receptiom is gr8 .....and gr8 voice clairity ( infact in my case the reception is even better than mogul)

But 90% Nokia , SE Chinese phone is never tested and work flawless on any Network

the one is was talking about was vodafone ....my frends is in the technical dept and he had informed me when they got iphone for testing ...he sadi it was mainly to check the data transfer on their network

chinese phones never go testing but nokia and se handsets do ....

as a matter of fact when nokia n95 was released in india just prior to that vodafone technical dept had recived few units for testing purpose ....i dont know about airtel but my frend has told me that most nokia and se phones come to them for testing purposes on their network even if they are sold unlocked

Well what i know this testings are done to get free handsets to technical dept. ( or manufacturers just send handsets to test and see if they want to launch it with them)

any manufacturer gives sample for testing wont be taking it back :P

i am not whether they were testing Pre or no, but yes it was PALM made handset.

And told me by some one work for TTML. ( ALso a member here)

In unlocked gsm they mainly test for sim based services (java) and in locked handset be it cdma or gsm, test for net work parameter compatibility like dormant time, wake up time its. Palm treo 755p.m. Has dormancy problem not because of palm but because network guys always want phone to go to dormancy to release resources and handset guys wants to disconnect or phone to go in dormancy in such a way that it preserve battery as well as increase users handset experience and there is always conflicts between these two. This is true for cdma. In gsm most parameters are in sim hence network can change it very easily over the air or while they get complaint from customer.

i am not whether they were testing Pre or no, but yes it was PALM made handset.

it could even be treo pro or other treos....lets see what it turns out to be

Well friends for more details of palm pre visit the following site.from the specifications given there it seems that the handset lacks two features,1 flash support 2 ms office mobile.although the web os will provide instant e mail,the office mobile should have been included.

http://techathand.net/2009/01/ces-2009-mob...phone-palm-pre/

P.S: friends i think we are going off topic here.

the flash support must be there as they are still tewaking web os and also web os sdk has gone live ...

as far as ms office that also will come in no time

Just check out these links for more information..

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html

http://www.2dayblog.com/2009/01/10/palm-pr...ng=en#more-8749

Waiting for it now.. any comments please..!!

As I have already said in another topic, this is the phone to look out for; its features are mindblowing; see the video of it from CES on the palm site to really feel the depth of the OS; just fantastic; awaiting it eagerly...

Edited by dkaile

well we alraedy have a topic for this goin on ....mods can merge this with it

but anyways an awesome phone ....taking competition to next level

I saw its video (small review) at ubergizmo... im flattered.... no words for it.. The next phone in my hands for sure..!! the OS worked like a breeze..!! Plam rocks...!!

Edited by Greatest

The charging dock is ubercooll!! something out of this world./..!! atleast for me...

The next phone in my closet for sure

if it comes in my hand then all my other phones will go in the closet :Contento:

wish i was a beta tester for this phone :(

^^^ changed the error... :)

@doc, i see u r also using xperia?... how is it??? anything hanky panky, or just the same old stuff..!!

The charging dock is ubercooll!! something out of this world

the wireless charging dock wudnt be included in the retail package ...it would be sold seperately as an acceessory to the phone

i see u r also using xperia?... how is it??? anything hanky panky, or just the same old stuff..!!

crsipy and vibrant screen ....faster than mogul /also touchscreen sensitivity is good ...more than all i love watching movies on it

email and data connectivty as good as mogul ..the qwerty keys feels very stiff though

Palm has already started thinking in the lines of reliance (looting, by way of charging for the charging dock accessory) eh??

Whatever it is, I am in love with the phone, and cant wait for it to start production, then cant wait for some bad e*n phones, then cant wait for the likes of sadikk to import, and cant wait for experts like hetal/karki/(others) to crack it and make it use for reliance....

The other option, if MNP is started in India by the time this phone is launched in US, no hassles of all the above itself...!!!

i will prefer using this phone on gsm networks rather than cdma

since web os is essentially based around data services it wil be fun to use this handset with 3G ...as atleast in 2009 v will have 3G ...

y to use this beautiful 3G enabled handset on 1*rtt network

Well friends,as the handset sports a portrait key board,rather than a lampsacse one,people will definitely miss it.still there is no mention of any on screen key board anywhere.

Also i have come across another thread on the same topic'perhaps moderators have missed it.or is it allowed to run two threads on the same topic?

Well friends,as the handset sports a portrait key board,rather than a lampsacse

that would hardly make any difference ...the best thing is that palm have decided to include hardware keyboard rather than going only touchscreen

^^ true.. a hardware KB is much much better than an on-screen one..!!

Onscreen KB will be coming in days of its launch as company will be launchng it with APP store.

By the way i never ever liked Onscreen KB.

I love QWERTY hardware. all my phones are QWERTY :)

New Features to the Pre: Oops I'm late and Automatic Calendar Context

A member of Elevation Partners let slip during an interview two very cool features of WebOS, the software which will power Palm’s upcoming Pre handset.

After describing Palm's "synergy" method of combining contacts and calendars from multiple locations (including LinkedIn, also a new feature we hadn't heard about before), McNamee gets into describing the new stuff:

But better than that, it does stuff for you. So when you wake up in the morning, it has taken your calendar (if you ask it to) and downloaded the maps for your whole day, it’s downloaded the Wikipedias for the people you’re going to visit and the companies you’re going to see… Why is it on PCs you have to go and do all that?

And when you’re late - get this - when you’re late it — remember, this things has GPS, it has a clock, and it has your calendar. So it not only knows where you are, it knows where you’re supposed to be and when, and so when it realizes you’re going to be late, it says “Hey, not only are you going to be late, but I can take care of it for you. I’ll send an email to your assistant or to the people in the meeting, which would you prefer? And oh, by the way, here’s the map.” To us, this is the beginning of a new wave.

via precentral

Beauty..!!!