Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
situ1962

The New Palm To Look Out For

Only two words mind blowing.

this is stilll the beginning ...wait till more features unfold

That's quite right.palm hasn't revealed all it's cards at one go.perhaps what we all know is only the tip of the iceberg.lets wait and watch.

Palm’s Product Manager Matt Crowley has addressed the Palm Pre’s glaring lack of a microSD card slot in his open Facebook discussion about the Pre. Crowley states that the microSD card slot, as small as it would be, was conscientiously left off the Pre in order the preserve the Pre’s clean, curvy lines and svelte profile. The microSD hardware would have been too much extra bulk near the Pre’s rounded edges.

But, it’s not just hardware considerations that moved Palm to design the Palm Pre with 8GB of on-board storage but no microSD card slot. The Web OS was designed to be at once powerfully flexible and highly intuitive. Unfortunately, the finger-friendly Web OS UI would have come up against Palm’s aim to make the Palm Pre as intuitive as possible. the addition of expandable storage capabilities would had added unwanted complexity to the Web OS. Palm could have worked out a UI-flow that incorporated expandable storage cards, but we’ll give them the benefit of the doubt with the super-slick Web OS.

So, are we sad that the Palm Pre lacks a microSD card slot? Damn skippy, we are! Do we blame Palm for putting design and usability ahead of cramming in more hardware? Not if the Web OS and Palm Pre prove to be as powerful and enjoyable to use as we think it will be…

About what time palm pre will be available to be used with Reliance cdma? I need to have good set urgently, so please advise me if i should wait for this set?

Although i have liked treo 755p but was hesitant to buy it due its bulkiness and non RUIM.

About what time palm pre will be available to be used with Reliance cdma? I

thats the question no one can answer

^^^ everybody is very very eager for its launch..!! iss there by any chance a gsm version be launched? or is it going to be only gsm??

Whatever, whenever it is.

Ill be first in India to own it, though its unlock or no.

Whatever, whenever it is.

Ill be first in India to own it, though its unlock or no.

sadikk bhai hum bhi hai competition mein

will get this phone as soon as possible before others :Riendo:

Alrite lets see.

Waise aap to pre-launch phones bhi laa sakte ho.

Competition is tough.

Competition is tough.

:winko:

Compact palm Pre battery holder and charger.

Neat. isn't it? :)

post-271-1232990369_thumb.jpg

this baby is creating the same hysterai as iphone ... :Riendo:

Yes.there might be many things more which will come out slowly.and it will surely creat more and more craze for it.

do not keep this thread dying... it will lose enthusiasm in me :( ... do post nething on pre... nething...

^^^ oye thanks yaar

Some good news about the most anticipated handset of 2009, the Palm Pre. Sprint has just updated their site with all of your basic Palm Pre specs. Nothing spectacular about this whatsoever, however it does raise some eyebrows to the fact that the Pre could be coming to Sprint soon. Is this a sign of a sooner-than-later launch on Sprint? Or have Palm and Sprint simply worked out some more details, allowing Sprint to start posting Pre information on their site? Who knows.

Head on over to Sprint.com for more information. Click the ‘technical specifications’ link on the right for a spec refresher, or simply sign up for email notifications.

^^ nice...

someone keep this thread alive..!!

Palm Sales Plummet as Pre Waits in the Wings

Palm's revenue plunged in its most recent quarter as the struggling company, preparing for the release of its next-generation device, sold 42 percent fewer smartphones than in the same period last year.

The 72 percent fall in smartphone revenue, to US$77.5 million, underscores the importance of the upcoming Palm Pre and WebOS to the company's future. Palm announced the Pre and its brand-new operating system at the Consumer Electronics Show in January and has said the current Centro phone will be the last device to run the original Palm OS. The Pre will begin shipping on an undisclosed date later this year.

In its fiscal third quarter, ended Feb. 27, Palm lost $98 million, or $0.89 per share, wider than its loss of $57 million, or $0.53 per share, a year earlier. Excluding special items, such as stock-based compensation and restructuring charges, the company lost $94.7 million, or $0.86 per share. That was worse than the consensus forecast of analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, who expected a loss of $0.59 per share.

Total revenue was $90.6 million, compared with the analysts' forecast of $105 million.

"We're proceeding through a challenging transitional period, however our current results shouldn't overshadow the tremendous progress we've made against our strategic goals," Palm President and CEO Ed Colligan said in a press release.

The Pre will have a touch screen plus a physical keyboard, as well as built-in Wi-Fi, a 3-megapixel camera and 8GB of storage. It will also have some software features found in Apple's iPhone, such as gesture-based "multitouch" controls. In fact, comments by an Apple executive in January hinted that the company might sue Palm for stealing features.

Palm sells devices based on Microsoft Windows Mobile, such as the newly introduced Palm Treo Pro, in addition to Palm OS products. But for the operating system that built Palm's business and spawned more than 100,000 applications from 30,000 developers, it has been a slow death. A new, Linux-based Palm OS has been in the works for several years. Applications written for the current Palm OS won't run on the WebOS that succeeds it.

Late Thursday, Palm's shares on the Nasdaq (PALM) were down $0.42 to $7.29 in after-hours trading.

this phone is just about giving everybody goosebumps with anxiety... I, for one, cant wait...

same here... but I am in anticipation of iphone ver 3 also, now that most of my grouses with it are over...

^^^

having been using the iphone, the thing i miss the most is multi tasking... the workaround so far drains so much battery that u barely get thru the day at times... what is the use of a phone with zillions of great features but one barely being able to exploit/use them... OS 3 would just abt add features which shud have been there long since... yes i agree that it will surely increase the usability, but still make you always feel the phone is crippled ;-)

there will be iphone version 3 relesased in june for sure ...and i will have multitasking and stuff ...

but early reports are suggesting that browser on palm pre is even faster and better than safari browser on iiphone ..