Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
situ1962

The New Palm To Look Out For

in the presentation it is already been announced that first the cdma version will b released First,

CDMA world edition is always consider as CDMA handset.

GSM radio given in there just for roaming outside USA.

That's right.but in that case there should be a sim card slot in the phone.if it is there,can it be configured to use a cdma sim there?

post-271-1231494591_thumb.jpg

What it looks to u ??

Amazing Phone. Cool looks.

What do you mean by wireless charging? Is it the same as the battery cover plate made of some special material so that if you keep it on the special surface/charger the phone keeps charging?

They are calling it induction charging.i don't know about the power source and the exact process adopted for charging.

Palm Pre Processor can decode/encode DVD quality video, support 1024x768 resolutions and do S-Video TV Out !

Full Article.

that's great.........waiting for it

I'm waiting to hear about Palm pre on Reliance.

even if it launches officially on reliance it will b dam expensive ....as usual with no or little support .

I think this time TATA will get this.

As i have internal source report they are testing some PALM phones, ( Not confirmed that its Pre though)

But we can expect it with then than reliance.

I'm waiting to hear about Palm pre on Reliance.

even if it launches officially on reliance it will b dam expensive ....as usual with no or little support .

I'm sure are great gurus would be working with the crack for it. i was talking about the cracked version. Who's going to buy from reliance? unless they give a really decent rates or package.

first let it launch then cracking wud come into play ,,,,

there wud b people trying to crack it but lets see what palm has done in this handset to prevent it ....lets see what make /version radio has been used

all this will take time ....may be lots of time ..

rather i m waiting for a gsm version of this device

let me tell u once first MEID based device is cracked its not at all a problem than.

We are working on it and always hopeful for some breakthrough in every attempt.

yes i know once meid device is cracked it wont b a problem .....

but what i m concerned is that if they are using a different version of radio which has been patched against all exploits then it will take more time ......v will have to wiat till its release

I always keep my fingers cross.

BTW problem with PALM is we have to arrange to make customs driver for DIAG mode for them.

I hope previous Drivers works with this, as thats most killing part.

ill get it cracked whatever it takes.

I hope previous Drivers works with this,

i doubt as the chipset is new and the os also is different .....fingers crossed for now

The Pre is set to retail for around $500-550, in Europe, before subsidies, and for $399 on US network operator Sprint's network...........no official word though

Edited by mufaddal_km

well the palm pre is in the spotlight for all .....

however sprint is about to release treo pro this mnth ....well before palm pre it was palm"s flagship product

I think this time TATA will get this.

As i have internal source report they are testing some PALM phones, ( Not confirmed that its Pre though)

But we can expect it with then than reliance.

I dont understand why they require Testing ????????????????? if it is meant for CDMA they they must run with Just loading PRL and NAM settings to Phone

well alomost all the handsets that are released on a particular network undergo testing phase over a period of 2-3 mnths ...its not only with cdma but also with gsm

i know it sounds a bit surprising that a cdma phone or gsm phone shud work equally well on any network so y test it ...but testing is very much require to find any issues with that particular network and rectify it

when apple iphone was due to b launched it went into testing phase since june to test call/data

to give an example sprint treo755p is a cdma handset which wroks on all networks but if u go to see people who use it on cricket or metro pcs have a lot of complaints specially like frequent call drops as compared to people on sprint ....also we have a lot of problem with data connection going dormant requiring radio reset which is more pronounced on our network then sprint network

according to me testing phase is very much essential ....

Edited by mufaddal_km

iPhone was in Testing because of making it Compatible to Airtel STK 2.0 SIM Specifications, Airtel Live Menu etc. etc.

But 90% Nokia , SE Chinese phone is never tested and work flawless on any Network. even i have Imported iPhone and Google G1 and used Smoothly on All Network without a Single Glitch. Also see how we are using Touch and Moguls without Testing :Contento::Contento: :Contento: or Palm, Blackberry Sadik is using