Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rbpyogesh

High Speed Device Similar To Photon

Is It official or Not

Last week when I opened a IE it led me to Reliance website where they asked me to fill suggestions for their Upcoming High speed Device

They also asked a question of how much money I can spend In exchanging this device

So Is it Official that they are Launching this device???

When are they Going to launch it???

Don't remember the URL? Checked history in your browser?

it may be their wimax device..

Edited by savramesh

They are not going to launch EVDO Rel.0 Network for Reliance CDMA.

Istead they will bring HSDPA to Reliance GSM.

That must be their WiMAX Only.

i think he might have got mail from Tata,

i found the following from tata's website

High Speed Internet Access(HSIA)

Tata Indicom introduces Tata Indicom's Photon its new High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) service. the next generation technology, wireless Internet connectivity solution. With Tata Indicom's Photon service you now have access to Wireless Internet at never before speeds, where ever you are. Tata Indicom's Photon being a wire-free (wireless) service can be installed & activated very quickly.

Tata Indicom's Photon service gives you the freedom to access internet anywhere in your office and also gives you consistent performance. So now go ahead & subscribe to this innovative new service from Tata Indicom & enjoy a truly world class, first of its kind internet experience.

LINK

HSIA Photon USB Modem

Tata Indicom introduces Photon, its new High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) service. Photon - the next generation technology offers a great wireless internet connectivity solution. With Tata Indicom’s Photon you now have access to the internet at never before speeds

The new USB Modem enables you to experience Tata Indicom’s Photon service from wherever you are. So now go ahead and subscribe to this innovative new service from Tata Indicom along with the new USB Modem & enjoy a truly world class, first of its kind internet experience.

Never before speeds:

With Tata Indicom’s Photon - High Speed Internet Access Service you now have access to internet at super fast speeds using the new USB modem.

Internet on the go:

With the new USB Modem you also now have the convenience of being able to access Tata Indicom’s Photon service ( High Speed Internet Access ) from wherever you are.

Plug and Play:

All you now need to do is just plug the USB Modem into your Laptop/Desktop PC and you are ready to access a whole new world of High speed internet connectivity.

Style statement:

With Tata Indicom’s new sleek and stylish USB Modem , you are now completely free from wires.

USB interface:

With the USB port interface you can now simply plug the USB Modem device into either a Laptop or your Desktop PC & get ready to access high speed internet connectivity.

Tata Indicom's Photon - High Speed Internet Access ( HSIA ) service can be accessed only in those areas where Tata Indicom has Photon service coverage.

SpeedUpto 2.4 Mbps Downlink speed . Actual internet speed will depend on multiple factors like time of the day, number of simultaneous users, web page accessed, etc.

RUIM Enabled (currently programmed hand sets are provided to customers NON RUIM).

OS Win 2000, Win XP, Win Vista

-

Router

KEY BENEFITS

Quick Activation

Tata Indicom Photon service is easy, quick to install & does not require any external infrastructure support .g. wires etc. Just install the activated device in your office & it is ready to use. So now no matter Where you are located HI-Speed Internet Access can be made available to you instantly.

Reliable connectivity

Tata Indicom's Photon being a Wireless service offers reliability & consistent service with no interruptions caused by factors like physical charges of wires and service disruptions due to weather.

Mobile Hotspot

Now experience, freedom from wires, with the Router you can now have high speed wireless connectivity( Wi-HI Zone) in your location of installation

Plug & Surf

Just plug your computer into the activated device through wired or wireless( Wi-Hi) connectivity and surf at never before speeds

Data Security

The router comes equipped with data security feature, ensuring that confidentially of all your information is maintained & never compromised

Power Antennae

The Router device comes quipped with 1 Power antennae that give you assured signal strength thus offering you high speed internet

Tariff

USB

Hi-Speed 500 plan - 700 pm - 0.5 GB - 2 /MB - Call charges - 1.25 / 2.65 / 12

Hi-Speed 1000 plan - 800 pm - 1 GB - 2 /MB - 1.25 / 2.62 / 12

Hi-Speed Unlimited - 1500 pm

Router

Activation 1000

6999 pm - 35 GB

4500 pm - 15 GB

3000 pm - 10 GB

post-25387-1233030197_thumb.jpg

Edited by savramesh

Actually I got that form from Reliance

And I am not having the link because I deleted the History Page

It is Strange because i thought every one will receive it,When ever I connect to the Net it is automatically takes to Reliance Net connect Page where some thing or the other is displayed

If there is No news it simply takes me Reliance Net connect Page

Clearwire, which is a wimax operator in the USA, launched a USB wimax modem as well as an express card for laptops some time back.

http://www.xohm.com/en_US/shop/devices/

May be Reliance is also looking to offer similar modems along with their roof-mounted modems. I guess that wimax service will really takeoff if a reliable connection can be provided via a USB modem.

Upto 2.4 Mbps Downlink speed . Actual internet speed will depend on multiple factors like time of the day, number of simultaneous users, web page accessed, etc.

Is it CDMA -EVDO?

So this means more data users in the nearest tower, less will be the download speed ?

Edited by ss_rakesh