Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhims

Phone For Email

Gmail (IMAP) push for Pocket Outlook Ver 0.6

The program runs in the background and subscribes to IMAP IDLE notifications. When the notifications arrive it can do a send/receive on the PocketOutlook account you specify, effectively enabling push email for your Gmail account (or other imap server that supports the IDLE command).

http://www.codeplex.com/ImapPusherService

ImapPusherService_0.6.zip

Edited by mufaddal_km

Hello everybody Try HTC G1 and use your Google gmail or your Apps Email using google server flawlessly.

G1 Support only 1 Basic Push Email a/c and all other email from Normal Pull Email Clients.

Almost all Windows, Blackberry iPhone, Android G1 Supports Microsoft Exchange Push Email of you have Corporate Contact your IT manager and ask for Microsoft Anctive Sync Settings.

If you Corporate Email have been Hosted on Lotus Domino Install Microsoft Exchange Connector and if your Corporate have Blackberry Enterprise Server then Install Blackberry BIS Client in Windows Phone too.

Regrading Free Push mail Yahoo on iPhone, Google on G1 Microsoft Exchnage on all Windows, Blackberry iPhone, Android G1 and BIS on Windows and Blackberry.

AFAIK there aint a way to program gmail as push on iphone... have been looking around for a way... read thru this thread also but cant see an option... am i missing something here ?

^^^

well i remeber in days of 1.1.4 there was a hack to get imap idle for gmail on jailbroken iphones ...dont know whats the scenario now since i use yahoo ..and it delivers mails in almost real time with little latency

ohhh so nothing for gmail then... just as i thought... i have been on iphone since 1.1.2 but somehow missed this imap idle thingy all together...

Hello everybody Try HTC G1 and use your Google gmail or your Apps Email using google server flawlessly.

G1 Support only 1 Basic Push Email a/c and all other email from Normal Pull Email Clients.

Almost all Windows, Blackberry iPhone, Android G1 Supports Microsoft Exchange Push Email of you have Corporate Contact your IT manager and ask for Microsoft Anctive Sync Settings.

If you Corporate Email have been Hosted on Lotus Domino Install Microsoft Exchange Connector and if your Corporate have Blackberry Enterprise Server then Install Blackberry BIS Client in Windows Phone too.

Regrading Free Push mail Yahoo on iPhone, Google on G1 Microsoft Exchnage on all Windows, Blackberry iPhone, Android G1 and BIS on Windows and Blackberry.

Hi, Can you help me here. Im planning to upgrade my phone with one which supports email and chat. both these run on lotus sametime mobile app. Can you tell me which phone (read economical) would you recommend buying and why? Im new to this technology so still trying to understand the difference between push and pull mail.

thanks for your advise in advance

Hi, Can you help me here. Im planning to upgrade my phone with one which supports email and chat. both these run on lotus sametime mobile app. Can you tell me which phone (read economical) would you recommend buying and why? Im new to this technology so still trying to understand the difference between push and pull mail.

thanks for your advise in advance

Nokia E63.

Why --> read reviews and price.

I personally use E71. I am pretty happy with it.

You can try and check for palm treo 755p too. Snapper mail is really good. If you want to go for GSM then symbian phone of your choice with profimail and imap idle for google mail is just superb.

You can try and check for palm treo 755p too. Snapper mail is really good. If you want to go for GSM then symbian phone of your choice with profimail and imap idle for google mail is just superb.

now palm treo755 at just 7999/-

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...c=19618&hl=

If you want I can offer brand new BB 8703e for 10000 (only phone and charger)

WILL WORK WITH BIS OR RWORLD BROWSING?? I MEAN DATA ENBLED??

iphone works well with yahoo ...

also u can enable landscape qwerty ...u wont miss a hardware keypad then

sir, u promised me to help on BB8830 with ril voice only, with roaming sign, 1x showing , want 1X? pl guide to find entries in 'host router entries'

But all these softwares( Seven, Profimail,etc) run only if we have POP(or Advanced Full GPRS) activated from our service provider..which is Rs.199 per month on Vodafone :(

Is there any software which can work with normal GPRS..?

iphone works well with yahoo ...

also u can enable landscape qwerty ...u wont miss a hardware keypad then

sir, u promised me to help on BB8830 with ril voice only, with roaming sign, 1x showing , want 1X? pl guide to find entries in 'host router entries'

i dont understand what u saying :confuse:

HRT not possible on any BlackBerry until unless the PIN gets registered in BIS; Hence its impossible for BlackBerry 8830 Imported.

^^^

not only PIN but also BSN has to be resgistered with reliance

for BIS / HRT

u need BSN and PIN to be in reliance database

we can change PIN

but we cant change BSN ( some people claim to have done it)

for email on the go... i think a phone with a qwerty keyboard must be preferred.. it makes typing very easy..

AFAIK there aint a way to program gmail as push on iphone... have been looking around for a way... read thru this thread also but cant see an option... am i missing something here ?

Have you tried this?

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

Works (almost) perfectly on htc hero.

I dunno if this is the right section to post in :Decepcionado:

I need to receive and send mails from my mobile

is Blackberry the only option???

are there better/cheaper options available in CDMA or GSM

I wouldn't mind carrying an extra GSM if it serves my purpose in a low budget.

thanks in advance :signthankspin:

Currently MVL (G81) has launched abusiness phone with qwerty keypad and pushmail with about 3 email accounts in the price range of Rs.4500 to Rs.5500/-.

it is the only handset with this feature.. and dual sim

I am trying to get some user reviews but difficult to find as the handset is just about launched a couple of days back.

Personally, i am making up my mind to go with MVL g81 from the market and BB7130e offerd here only

It is always better to avoid Rebranded Chinese phones and yes MVL is yet another one.. And the Push services they promises doesn't seems as good as for Business Email standards...

Ajay bhai, please enquire well first and then proceed to buy..

Android, Android, android

cheap & best option to receive push email

I dunno if this is the right section to post in :Decepcionado:

I need to receive and send mails from my mobile

is Blackberry the only option???

are there better/cheaper options available in CDMA or GSM

I wouldn't mind carrying an extra GSM if it serves my purpose in a low budget.

thanks in advance :signthankspin:

Currently MVL (G81) has launched abusiness phone with qwerty keypad and pushmail with about 3 email accounts in the price range of Rs.4500 to Rs.5500/-.

it is the only handset with this feature.. and dual sim

I am trying to get some user reviews but difficult to find as the handset is just about launched a couple of days back.

Personally, i am making up my mind to go with MVL g81 from the market and BB7130e offerd here only

Android supports only free mails like yahoo, G mail, MSN etc. True pushmail is supported by Nokia and BB as well as few other solutions like funamobile etc. MVL G81 is dual SIM and I ordered yesterday only after talking to his sales guy in Ahmedabad. Ofcourse phone is not going to be delivered to me, it will be delivered to person in Mumbai who needed dual SIM phone with push mail. Those who wants real time mail on corporate mail servers or paid mail servers should not get carried away by android propaganda.

I use android and business mail but that is because my company mail is hosted on google servers.

^

@kshah - u r turning out out to be a true skeptic at heart... untrustfull of all revolutionary technologies?

No doubt BB is THE BEST option for mobile e-mails.

I rather buying expensive CDMA handsets from reliance or TATA and go for BIS service... one should go for GSM where latest models are available at decent prices.

for example.. BB Curve 8520 + airtel/vodafone prepaid

where one can get latest handset @ decent price with cheaper BIS service.

BB Curve 8520(GSM) will cost around 13k-14k where as CDMA Operators sell crappy BB handsets at this price.

u can always forward your mails to gmail as last option

google wins hands down as always

^

@kshah - u r turning out out to be a true skeptic at heart... untrustfull of all revolutionary technologies?

Not really, I have faced problem of Push Mail solution and searched a lot finally settled on google mail hosting and yahoo site hosting. We have to be very neutral about our opinions. I have never believed any thing as ultimate solution for any problem. Google is hosting my domain mail for free today still I do not agree that I can not have any better option than google, it is the best today, I get 7 GB + storage for 100 accounts. But not all corporate can switch to google due to one or the other reason, which we might not be aware of. One of my friend is IT manager in multinational company based in US and Ahmedabad (manufacturing) they had similar problem and wanted to switch to real timme push mail. I suggested them gmail hosting only and was rejected outright by their US principal. He can not disclose their objection to me but one of them was security.

We all are here to give suggestions which should be neutral and let selection be based on merits.

u can always forward your mails to gmail as last option

google wins hands down as always

Again, google is great option for many - I would say for 70-80% people like us But it doesn't mean that it can cater to needs of all. Forwarding is very crude option for corporate emailing. Many mail servers mark mails as spam when reply mail address is different than one from which it originated.

So my purpose is to warn people that just android and google are not the only options. There are specific option for specific requirements,

Edited by kshah