Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Mobile Internet Working / Not Working ?

^^^

for Rs 99 -> u will get 20 MB of website browsing plus u need to pay 5p/10kb for network usage..

after 20 MB limit u have to pay 5p/10kb [browsing] + 5p/10kb [network] = 10p/10kb

So if we use the full 20 MB, we need to pay:

Rs 99 PLUS

(20*1024)*.05/10 = Rs 102 minimum. May be more since they may round up to next 10kb multiple per session

total = Rs 200+ AND NO CONTENT DOWNLOAD ALLOWED EITHER.

it's a triple ripoff. maybe 199 plan would be better. need to compare in more detail.

^^^

How is the speed with "http"? Is it slower than "socket"? Or same?

Same. Also, some more apps have started working. Maybe it was a phased activation or something.

No internet applications are working for me.. goodbye to L1..

Since morning today, again WAP is not working...

Hows the scene elsewhere?

I have subscribed to RS 199 plan and it's working.i have tried to connect after unsubscribing also.in that case it doesn't work.it implies that reliance has blocked access to internet through rworld without a data plan.if anybody's experience is otherwise please post here.

since this topic started, browsing is completely dead for me except rworld ...

^^^

have you successfully migrated to prepaid or are you still on postpaid? If on postpaid, try with socket settings, maybe your 6265 had http settings earlier.

How to set socket settings in 6275 and Htc vogue?

working for me.

however I think my unbilled usage is going high. Cant explain the charges. I never subscribed to any plan.

^^^

have you successfully migrated to prepaid or are you still on postpaid? If on postpaid, try with socket settings, maybe your 6265 had http settings earlier.

i am still in postpaid. a war is going on to convert to prepaid.. already 8 days over.. they says under process..

i tried both http and socket in opera. not only opera but skype, ymtiny, mig33, rss news reader etc.. are also not working which was working earlier before this topic started..

last checked: today morning...

finally got a call from reliance customer care an hour back regarding prepaid migration..

he tried to convince me a lot not to migrate to prepaid.. he said i am a VIP customer sticking with them for more than 5 years.. he also offered me a postpaid plan..

200 monthly rental - 200 mins local non-reliance free, all reliance to reliance intra circle mobile and landline free.. local mobiles 50p and std 1.50..

my main reason for migration is poor cdma coverage inside house whereas Rgsm gives good coverage..

i said i am very much satisfied with GSM and will be using that only.. and if u provide good cdma coverage inside my house then i will come back to cdma postpaid.. but he said that would take around 6 months.. and also rgsm postpaid coming in one month..

So by any business sense, we should realise why they want u to remain in postpaid and not shift to prepaid; because u are a cash cow for them in postpaid, whereas in prepaid u will be saving money and they will be losing it...

Guys I am able to download mails from gmail, get weather thru HTC home and browse thru Opera mini even now. The services were discontinued last friday but was able to surf again since this sunday. I do not have any data plans only L1 and till now have not been charged anything for all my browsing but today just checked my unbilled info and it is Rs26 which shld be zero. Btw I use a touch and am using the UTS id to logon to rworld.

But cant use google maps :mellow:

Edited by sanjay0501

thats what i said, something going on. My unbilled usage would not be so much. I also checked on their website, all my charges are shown under data onlu.

@tanveer^^^

after reading ur post checked my unbilled usage again. Surprisingly all the usage is shown in voice. So probably will hv to wait till April 1st to understand whats happening. Kya pata April fool banaden?? ;)

just now tried in 6265, all internet applications are still not working for me..

I think I am still not charged for surfing with data plan in L1. My unbilled usage is definitely a voice usage as it has not increased from yesterday and I have surfed thru Operamini a lot in the past couple of day. So enjoy if u hv L1 or some other unlimited Rworld plan.

^^^

i already have L1 and no rworld data plan...

How to set socket settings in 6275 and Htc vogue?

In 6265/6275, maybe also in HTC Touch,

Start Opera Mini then, Menu---Tools---Settings---Network Protocol---- HTTP or Socket.

AFAIK, Socket is faster than HTTP. Check it out.

@savramesh,

Still unable to access Opera Mini.

@sanjay0501,

I think you are using NetConnect with the UTS id and pw, I mean you are connecting your mobile to the PC. We are talking about using Opera Mini on the mobile directly without any PC, maybe I am wrong. If you are indeed using OM directly without PC, how do you logon to Rworld using UTS id and pw. Have I missed out on something?

Edited by KumaarShah

Since morning today, again WAP is not working...

Hows the scene elsewhere?

yes. Not working for me since yesterday. Also opera and Skype not working in socket mode. What ARE these ******* up to?

mailed reliance cc, service assurance, corporate center, rworld feedback, nodal officer.. with a request for a basic or default mobile internet plan..

if anyone is going to mail then add the following which i missed to mail

"reliance is having the best infrastructure for data communication and they are wasting it by providing poor tariff to customers"

^^^

No use, they will send you their standard automated reply, "We will forward/escalate this to the relevant dept." Anyway, lets wait and watch...

And they already are fully aware that they have the best data network, with the worst tariffs.

mailed reliance cc, service assurance, corporate center, rworld feedback, nodal officer.. with a request for a basic or default mobile internet plan..

Just got a call from mumbai, they said my request will be considered while they re-plan tariff..

i hope if many customers request for a default/basic tariff then they will introduce it.. so start mailing..

So by any business sense, we should realise why they want u to remain in postpaid and not shift to prepaid; because u are a cash cow for them in postpaid, whereas in prepaid u will be saving money and they will be losing it...

finally got converted to prepaid 30 mins back.. when i checked bal, it shows Main 20 val 3 days and Promo 30 val 2 days..

^^^

Surprising that you were made to wait so long for converting to prepaid. Actually one can go across to any WW and get this done instantly. When I spoke to CC last week, they told me this. Only if we want to terminate the account, one has to wait. I was also told that on converting to prepaid, one will get Rs 50 TT valid for 7 days, but you have got main and promo balance and the validity also is only 3 days and 2 days!!!!!

Anyway, all the best in prepaid. Post here if you can access Opera Mini in prepaid.