Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Mobile Internet Working / Not Working ?

^^^

I think you better PM @mitj@in directly, he can help you. But the number is for Net Connect only and not for RWorld. In case you still want to give it a try, dial 3033 5555. No idea about 7 digit numbers. Maybe you could dial out 011 3033 5555.

Secondly with Plan 199, AFAIK, one is entitled to 100 MB free browsing and downloading whereas in Plan 99, one can browse free only upto 20MB. Why should the network charges 5ps/10kb be charged additionally?

In my postpaid DAPO, I was not charged anything at all for browsing. Agreed I have L1 plan also by which all network charges will be waived. I got an email also from CMO that all browsing/downloads in Plan 99/199 will be free till the specified limits of 20/100MB and after that only all charges are applicable.

Anyway, no harm in emailing to CMO and find out the current status, maybe RCOM has once again bended rules slyly.

@doc,

You are indeed lucky if you are able to use RWORLD with the UTS.

My Complaint Mail for everybody's reference:-

from Dhiraj Kaile <dhirajkaile@gmail.com>

to "serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com" <serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com>

cc "customercare@relianceada.com" <customercare@relianceada.com>,

"trai@trai.gov.in" <trai@trai.gov.in>,

"trai@del2.vsnl.net.in" <trai@del2.vsnl.net.in>,

"rworld.feedback@relianceinfo.com" <rworld.feedback@relianceinfo.com>,

"Rcomnodalofficer.MH@relianceada.com" <Rcomnodalofficer.MH@relianceada.com>,

"Rcomnodalofficer.GJ@relianceada.com" <Rcomnodalofficer.GJ@relianceada.com>,

"Rcomappellateauthority.GJ@relianceada.com" <Rcomappellateauthority.GJ@relianceada.com>,

"Rcomappellateauthority.MH@relianceada.com" <Rcomappellateauthority.MH@relianceada.com>,

"sidbehura@yahoo.co.in" <sidbehura@yahoo.co.in>,

"piyush.t.tyagi@relianceada.com" <piyush.t.tyagi@relianceada.com>,

"Bhumika_Tanna@relianceada.com" <Bhumika_Tanna@relianceada.com>,

"Bhumika.Tanna@relianceada.com" <Bhumika.Tanna@relianceada.com>,

"Chandolia.1960@hotmail.com" <Chandolia.1960@hotmail.com>,

"a.achary@nic.in" <a.achary@nic.in>

date Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:03 PM

subject Illegal Charges and Racket by Reliance to cheat its customers

mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 7:03 PM (4 minutes ago)

Dear Sirs,

On my Reliance no. 93584XXXXX, I had today subscribed to RWorld Internet Plan of Rs. 199/- which allows me 100MB of Browsing and Download is also possible in that plan; However I regret to inform you that though I have been able to browse the internet using that plan, but NO TYPE OF DOWNLOADING is being possible, like downloading my emails etc. on my HTC Windows Mobile 6.1 Phone; ALSO I am being charged DOUBLE which is illegal and fraudulent; as after paying you 199/- for 1 month I should be able to download and browse upto 100MB of data, but on simple browsing I found that my balance was being ADDITIONALLY DEDUCTED besides the 199/- already paid to you...

This amounts to cheating and defrauding the customer. You are therefore directed to immediately rectify the download problem and also REFUND back the excess amount charged by you for browsing besides the Rs.199/- already paid to you and also to stop charging any excess amount in the future once you have charged the plan charges from your customers.

Awaiting your immediate answer to these problems, so that I can plan appropriate legal action, if necessary.

Dhiraj Kaile

18-03-2009

M-0-93584XXXXX

wap.rworld.co.in

not opening for me.

It has started working for me now. I am posting from my 6265, opera mini.

@dkaile

hope they respond to you. Good mail. You can send one more copy to contact.chairman'soffice@relianceada.com...

^^^

SURPRISE !!!

opera mini working for me in socket mode.. i am in prepaid and not subscribed to any rworld data plan..

dont know if my mail to reliance worked or this was a technical temporary problem..

Edited by savramesh

YMTiny, Skype, Rss News Reader, all working for me now.. seems to be faster than before..

i used around 30 to 40 kb now.. but nothing deducted from my prepaid balance..

Edited by savramesh

Mine is also working now.i do not have any data plan.let's wait and watch.

Surprise Surprise Surprise...

I spoke to Reliance CC for 58 minutes yesterday evening at 6.36pm. Saree Maa Bahen ek kar di.... got complaint no. from them; talked to 2-3 supervisors; gave them threat of legal action (which I was seriously contemplating) and guess what... REL MOBILEWORLD HAS STARTED WORKING WITHOUT PROXY on my phone.... Now it was that call or whether it got right itself, I do not know.... But now I am able to download and surf without proxy on UTS password and download everything also... no additional charges being deducted..... also able to download emails, weather, everything...

Edited by dkaile

YMTiny, Skype, Rss News Reader, all working for me now.. seems to be faster than before..

i used around 30 to 40 kb now.. but nothing deducted from my prepaid balance..

finally today morning they deducted 40p from my bal, so it should be 10p/10kb [network+browsing]

Patience has paid off. Hope they do not test us again. BTW, 10ps per 10kb is not all that bad considering that opera mini compresses data, it is much better and cheaper than native browser of nokia. Am i right, techies?

So, once again i will have to drop my plan to go prepaid, now. Hopefully, that is.

wap.rworld.co.in

not opening for me.

u will only be able to visit this site with proxy enabled mobileworld connection...

@kumar shah

edit- just checked and they are still charging the additional charge of 5p/10kb network charges; so double charging continues.... only thing is that I am able to download and surf both now... par Reliance apne paise nahi chodega.... nothings free any more...

Edited by dkaile

Patience has paid off. Hope they do not test us again.

Working here too: socket modes, non-working apps...

"All's well that ends well", but "eternal vigilance is the price of ....mobile internet"! So let's keep watching...

Now, back to our favourite, still un-answered mystery:

99/199 plans - which of the below is the answer:

1) No additional charges upto 20/100 MB

2) 5ps/10 kb upto 20/100 MB + 10ps/10kb above 20/100 MB

3) No charges upto 20/100 MB if not accessing Rworld and only using other web apps + 5ps/10kb if also using Rworld

The last option told to me by CC person.

Also, it looks like some people not subscribed to any plan(99/199) are still able to access web!

One last question: Is there any way to monitor our KB usage through Reliance services?

Edited by nshram

Patience has paid off. Hope they do not test us again. BTW, 10ps per 10kb is not all that bad considering that opera mini compresses data, it is much better and cheaper than native browser of nokia. Am i right, techies?

Yes opera mini is better than any other browser... 10p/10kb is not at all bad for me as earlier i was paying 99 mobile rental and 25 L1 rental.. now making all voice calls in Rgsm.. this cdma N6265 is only for listening music, mobile internet browsing and camera.. 10p/10kb tariff will not cross 50 rs monthly for me..

99/199 plans - which of the below is the answer:

1) No additional charges upto 20/100 MB

2) 5ps/10 kb upto 20/100 MB + 10ps/10kb above 20/100 MB

3) No charges upto 20/100 MB if not accessing Rworld and only using other web apps + 5ps/10kb if also using Rworld

the answer is #2 "5ps/10 kb upto 20/100 MB + 10ps/10kb above 20/100 MB"

5p/10kb network charges is applicable for all plans.. 20/100 MB is only for browsing..

check their website and you will understand..

One last question: Is there any way to monitor our KB usage through Reliance services?

@savramesh: No clue to above question?

u can monitor ur usage at wap.rworld.co.in with a proxy enabled connection and click on Surf Internet Sites on your Mobile icon on top of page and then in Mobile Internet click on OK; there u will be taken to Mobile Int Menu and there u click on Subscription status; there kb is showing as data usage; mine is showing a figure of 1470185 in one day's usage; donno what that figure is in.... I have downloaded about 200 emails and have surfed Gmaps etc. been charged about 15Rs. since yesterday, besides the 199/- they have already taken...

Edited by dkaile

I spoke to Reliance CC for 58 minutes yesterday evening at 6.36pm. Saree Maa Bahen ek kar di.... got complaint no. from them; talked to 2-3 supervisors; gave them threat of legal action (which I was seriously contemplating) and guess what... REL MOBILEWORLD HAS STARTED WORKING WITHOUT PROXY on my phone.... Now it was that call or whether it got right itself, I do not know.... But now I am able to download and surf without proxy on UTS password and download everything also... no additional charges being deducted..... also able to download emails, weather, everything...

congrats

now can u clear one doubt

which one is better n cheaper to access net on the phone

net connect or reliance mobile world and why ?

of course it has to be mobileworld; because netconnect will charge u by the minute even if u are downloading nothing, whereas mobileworld will charge u only when u download something...

@nshram,

I think savramesh has clarified your doubts. To add to his post, I wish to say that RCOM is cheating customers by charging monthly rental of 99/199 and also charging 5ps/10kb. This is ridiculous. This is like the FUP policy wherein unlimited actually means limited.

I have L1 plan so network usage charges of 5ps/10kb is not charged to me. For how long this will remain, is going to be a mystery. In this last one month, twice they have disabled access. SO they must be trying out something to make it chargeable. It is apparent that they have not yet succeeded in their attempts to charge customers.

@dkaile, You should garner more support on the double charging issue. Charging both rentals and usage charges is really ridiculous. In the original post on this issue also, I have posted that RCOM emailed to me stating that upto 20/100MB, browsing/downloading will be free. Then how come they are charging both now? As I have L1 plan, I do not have any locus standi .

congrats

now can u clear one doubt

which one is better n cheaper to access net on the phone

net connect or reliance mobile world and why ?

Congrats dkaile :signthankspin:

Its now working in my case also without proxy. Email, Gmail all are working.

Great initiative :signthankspin: again

anil

@kumaar shah

dont worry, the battle for double charging is still ON; I have also got an official complaint no. from reliance only for the double charging issue; so they will surely have to follow it up and contact me in a day or two... also awaiting their official reply to my email... before I garner support to take this battle once again nationwide, to trai and other nodal bodies and also local consumer courts...

Edited by dkaile

@nshram,

I think savramesh has clarified your doubts. To add to his post, I wish to say that RCOM is cheating customers by charging monthly rental of 99/199 and also charging 5ps/10kb. This is ridiculous. This is like the FUP policy wherein unlimited actually means limited.

I have L1 plan so network usage charges of 5ps/10kb is not charged to me. For how long this will remain, is going to be a mystery. In this last one month, twice they have disabled access. SO they must be trying out something to make it chargeable. It is apparent that they have not yet succeeded in their attempts to charge customers.

@dkaile, You should garner more support on the double charging issue. Charging both rentals and usage charges is really ridiculous. In the original post on this issue also, I have posted that RCOM emailed to me stating that upto 20/100MB, browsing/downloading will be free. Then how come they are charging both now? As I have L1 plan, I do not have any locus standi .

are they giving u a refund of L1 charges ( Rs 25) in ur bill like they r giving me ?????

i assume u are on DAPO ?

^^^

Yes I am in DAPO and I also get a refund of Rs 25 for L1 plan plus no network charges at all. But only for DAPO, they give a refund of L1 charges, for all other plans, it is chargeable. So if I were to migrate from DAPO to some other plan, I would not get a refund of Rs 25 for L1 plan charges. But then again, the network charges would still be free because L1 plan remains as it is even if I migrate to any other postpaid plan. On migration to prepaid, L1 is lost forever. Thats why I am still on postpaid.

Hope they do not cut the services once again.

@ kumaar

were u also forced to buy any plan 199 etc to access net or being on DAPO u r immune as of now :)