Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Mobile Internet Working / Not Working ?

DAPO customers are not forced to buy any plans and are immune (for the time being).... that (internet surfing) is about the only good thing remaining in this plan but have to shell out heavy call charges specially std..... which is evident in your bill posted elsewhere...

yeah std charges r still huge especially after free minutes

and what is reliance netconnect plan: RCVALUE ???

2z5101w.jpg

@ kumaar

were u also forced to buy any plan 199 etc to access net or being on DAPO u r immune as of now :)

I do not use RWorld at all. I use Opera Mini only for browsing. Only if we use RWorld, are we asked to subscribe to any of plans 99/199. In any case, Opera Mini is far superior than the native browser of Nokia. I have not subscribed to any of the plans.

MY dear RNC VALUE means ur usage of RCONNECT will be deducted from 400 minutes.

yeah std charges r still huge especially after free minutes

and what is reliance netconnect plan: RCVALUE ???

2z5101w.jpg

everything is so confusing.

I am able to browse using no proxy/ proxy connection and also I am unable to open wap.rworld.co.in using either connection

I am able to browse using no proxy/ proxy connection and also I am unable to open wap.rworld.co.in using either connection

throw ur phone in the pacific

same here ...

any idea how much are u been charged ..

i checked yesterday and i was charged as per regular rates of 5p/10kb

Yes, 5p/10kb is being charged in addition to your plan charges; I am being charged 10-15 Rs. daily for normal browsing. besides the Rs.199/- I paid for the monthly subscription...

@tanveer

try using different browsers with Rel MobileWorld connection with proxy enabled to open wap.rworld.co.in; In my case its opening in both IE and Opera Mobile... and BTW yesterday Reliance networks were down at many places due to fiber optic disruption...

I tried it many times but it wont open.

The problem is that I did not subscribe for any mobile internet plan so how can they charge me for ut?

Today in the morning when i tried to browse through opera mini it wouldn't connect to any site.but when i performed network test every time it showed a working network connection.now it's working.strange things are happening now a days in reliance.

I tried it many times but it wont open.

The problem is that I did not subscribe for any mobile internet plan so how can they charge me for ut?

are'nt u on DAPO ?

No i am not a DAPO customer.i have subscribed to the L4 plan of rworld. Which gives me unlimited access to internet through it without and data plan.but i have to shell out 249 bucks every month for it.still it is cheap if compared to the data plans.

@situ1962,

even i faced the same problem since last night. Now its working fine. Even RWorld was not working, so I registered a complaint and the CCE told me that she is arranging for a data reset or something like that. It started working late today afternoon, after I received a SMS from 52811 that "the data has been reset as per my request" If people have problems with internet apps usage, please complain to CC saying that RWorld is not working totally and then they will reset the data and it may start working again.

No idea what RCOM is upto nowadays. Voice also is becoming bad - call drops, crackly voices, long time for connecting any number, sudden network disappearing and reappearing, etc etc.

But Plan 249 is costlier than Plan 199 if I am not wrong. Are you able to download anything and also use any internet app? Please explain in detail.

Edited by KumaarShah

I am on DAPO but these jerks are charging me for network data usage.

activate the netconnect RCVALUE plan

atleast that way the minutes consumed will be deducted from ur 400 free minutes

btw for ur info, in net connect, the UTS username & pass work perfectly fine

This is the reply I got from their service assurance cell and also attached is my counter reply -

Dhiraj Kaile <dhirajkaile@gmail.com>

to "serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com" <serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com>

date Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:15 AM

subject Re: 'ADAG=003-398-218'Reference your mail

mailed-by gmail.com

Dear Hetal Srivastava,

My aforesaid no. is fully operational and available at all times so there is no need to give you alternate number. But from your reply received, do you mean to tell me that DOUBLE CHARGING IS JUSTIFIED on your part? When I have subscribed to the 199/- R-World Data plan which gives me 100MB of data download for 1 month; then how can you charge me for R-World kb (kilo byte) usage, until I cross the 100Mb data limit. This is grossly ILLEGAL; prima facie...

Kindly CLARIFY IMMEDIATELY,

DHIRAJ KAILE

- Hide quoted text -

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:06 AM, serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com <serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com> wrote:

Dear Customer,

We tried contacting you on the number provided, but unable to reach you.

With reference your mail regarding Reliance Mobile number 93584*****, please note that as per confirmation received from relevant department you have been charged Rs.17.05/- correctly for R-world kb (kilo bytes) usage and not for R-connect usage. However, there is no other wrong deduction found.

Further to your mail regarding problem of downloading, please provide following details earliest :

* Alternate Contact Number :

* Best time to contact you at the alternate number :

* Whether problem is faced on hitting the “R” key Yes/No :

* whether customer is able to view the menu Yes/No :

* Exact Error message :

* The functional point the failure is (e.g. R World-finance-Mobile bank-HDFC bank-balance) :

* Handset make and model :

Type of recharge (E-recharge or Paper RCV) :

We would require the same to assist you better.

Dial *225 to get instant details like validity, talk time of your account via SMS for free. For further details, you can visit our web-site www.reliancecommunications.co.in or, write to us at serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com or send a fax at 022-3033 6565. You may also call Reliance Customer Care by dialing *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or by dialing 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Hetal Shrivastav

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

^^^

Seems those noobs have not even understood what the problem is :D

^^^

Typical, standard, automated response from CC of RCOM.

Wait for their reply, then tell them you will go in for legal action. It will not make them jittery in any case. But then someone has to take the bull by its horns.

If 20/100MB is not network usage then what is it - callertune or voicemail or sms or isd call? How can they charge separately for 20/100 mb and once again for kb (network) usage?

Its not an automated reply as they have mentioned exact amount and reason of charge; only thing is to take them by their balls (not horns) and pursue it to its logical conclusion; donno whether I will stick that long with reliance.... lol...

^^^

I would suggest, call CC and threaten them that you are going to terminate your number and when asked 'Why' say these stories..

Hope the reaction would be magical :)

^

Dont u think I have done that when I spoke for 58 minutes to their CC after which Internet started working without proxy for me (and most of us); termination threats doesnt work anymore dear...

Just now checked my billed and to my surprise, I have not been billed as much as I thought. Maybe they deducted later.

I can not open the detailed bill as there is some error. My unbilled usage as on 31st March was 406 Rs. Since I am on DAPO, add to that 400 and other things and taxes roughly 150. So it should have been approx. 950 or so. But in any case not less than 800 (406+400) However my billed amount is only 774.

But before I rejoice I must see the detailed bill.

Anyways if i go through this

1. Mobile internet would be a subscription based monthly data service plan.

2. Mobile Internet Data plan is an auto renewal (30 day plan).

3. Subscription of mobile internet data plan is mandatory for accessing internet sites on mobile.

4. Mobile Internet Data plan is applicable to both postpaid and prepaid Reliance subscribers.

5. Charges for mobile internet data plan are as follows

Now I never had a subscription in the first place.

(NUC) *Network Usage Charges @ 5p/10kb apply

#For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged

#Unused KB charges beyond validity period will not be refunded.

WAP users who do not wish to subscribe to mobile internet data plan can access internet sites using mobile web browsers like opera mini which can be downloaded from www.opera.com/mini. Network Usage Charges of 5p/10kb would be applicable on a pay per use basis.

And since I am on DAPO, I will not be charged NUC, so does that mean that accessing websites is free for me?

surprisingly my prepaid account shows i am in L1 plan. but they have not deducted 25 from me so far. also i am being charged 10p / 10kb for browsing...

post-25387-1238806746_thumb.jpg

Well, the cat is finally out of the bag. I too was able to see my first bill(for March 2009) after subscribing to the 99 mobile internet plan.

Something definitely fishy going on, as usual.

Since I was monitoring both unbilled usage and data usage(menu in RWorld) almost daily, I was able to find the following differences:

Mobile internet usage is billed as "network usage", "RM World (in10KB)". The usage is shown as 2044(in 10KB) and the billed value is Rs 102.20, which seems correct at 0.05 per 10KB.

Of course, the "99" is also charged separately as "L0 subscription".

2044 "in 10KB" translates to 2044x10x1000 = 20,440,000 bytes = 20.44 MB...

BUT, the data usage (from "subscription status" menu in RWorld) on 31/3/09 and even till now only shows 12,138,115 bytes = 12.14 MB.

Looks like they have charged around 8 MB extra.

Also, the unbilled usage as got through the automated system(*333) was only 1556.35 till 1-Apr-09. But the final bill shows 1905.11.

Request comments, suggestions from our forum experts.

Thanks

Buggers have charged me extra for SMS (which upto 3000 are free under DAPO). Will call them up when I am in furious mood.

All this while I was worried about data usage and merrily sending SMS.