Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Mobile Internet Working / Not Working ?

^^^

i tried opera in both http and socket mode.. but it did not work.. surprisingly 5p was deducted from my balance for trying to connect net..

Does anybody know what are the charges for using internet through tata zone on mogul and vogue?if it's cheaper than reliance,i shall consider to migrate to tata.please let me know soon.

It is very surprising to note that u are unable to connect; I am also on prepaid and can easily connect Opera Mobile and also IE via Netconnect and also via Rel Mobile World with some plan... it is only when we try MW without proxy that we cannot connect, if u are unsubscribed to some plan... so it would be better if u subscribe to either 99 or 199 plan and then try....

^^^

i dont have much usage to pay 99 or 199.. will try browsing if they provide a basic plan use and pay.. or will try gprs in gsm..

@dkaile,

The issue here is not Net Connect, it is using Opera Mini directly on the mobile using WAP. In Chennai/TN, WAP is unavailable for the last 5-6days. In between also, it did not work, but mysteriously it started working once again. Now again it has stopped. And AFAIK, in prepaid no data plans are available, so how does one use Opera Mini?

Secondly how can you activate 99/199 on prepaid?

also via Rel Mobile World with some plan

What does this actually mean?

it is only when we try MW without proxy that we cannot connect,

^^^

i tried opera in both http and socket mode.. but it did not work.. surprisingly 5p was deducted from my balance for trying to connect net..

All this and much more will happen in RCOM prepaid...

Well I am not facing any problems on prepaid... When I open any page using Rel MobileWorld connection on IE, I am directed to Rworld Home Page where it say to subscribe to some plan and a Home button; when I click home it gives me options like Plan Info, Subscive Rs. 199 Plan, Subscribe Rs. 99 Plan, Subscription Status, Unsubscribe Plan and Back; When I click on subscription status, it says that I am not subscribed to any plan; and there if I click exit, I am taken to RWorld Home Page with ringtones etc...

So in effect I am able to use Rworld but not browse through MobileWorld connection without a plan... Mobile World without proxy is applicable for handsets (like Windows Mobile) where u can edit proxy settings.... which was working earlier but has since few days stopped working...

The issue here is not Net Connect, it is using Opera Mini directly on the mobile using WAP. In Chennai/TN, WAP is unavailable for the last 5-6days. In between also, it did not work, but mysteriously it started working once again. Now again it has stopped.

@KumaarShah

How does one know whether WAP is working or not? I am able to use opera mini & skype in http mode but not socket mode - Nokia 6275/postpaid/99 plan. Inbetweeen i was able to use on socket mode. Does socket mode working mean WAP is working?

^^^

If you are able to browse even RMW or OM, WAP is working irrespective whether you use http or socket. Here, whether we use http or socket, nothing works. The CC and the floor supervisors are dumb, nincompoops who do not even know anything about Opera Mini. They kep getting confused with Net Connect or RMW always.

And how do they bill you under Plan 99 - for actual usage or is it 5ps/10kb + 5ps/10kb on entire usage. Is there any excess billing problem you have encountered?

Do you have L1 plan?

What other internet apps are you able to use with Plan 99? I also want to activate Plan 99/199 but based on your clarifications to the above, I will go ahead. What will be my advantage if I continue or discontinue L1 plan?

Actually I want to migrate to prepaid, but since there are no Plan 99 or Plan 199 or their equivalent plans, I am withholding myself.

@dkaile,

Thanks for your inputs. You are right, RMW homepage is available through the default Nokia browser, but not through Opera Mini. They have either blocked WAP usage for other external apps or maybe it is a temporary phenomenon like in the 1st week of this month. Hope for the best....

I am eagerly waiting for a reply to my quarry regarding internet browsing through tata zone.please somebody clarify.

Browsing through rworld is not working since 3rd march here in orissa.one has to take a data plan to be able to do so.The data plans by reliance are inadequate.one definitely needs more than 100 mb of data usage pm.so it's a very costly affair.That's why i want to know about tata.doesn't anybody know about it?tata users please throw some light.

friends last day when i was in U.P UTS password was not working it was getting connected but network showed limited connectivity but right now i m in mumbai its working very fine same UTS.

same here. I am able to browse using rworld with or without proxy just fine. Surprisingly I can not open the wap rworld page. Neither I am directed to subscribe the plan thing. Nor have I subscribed to any plan. As I said there was some increase in my unbilled usage for a few days. As I was out of station, I can not confirm whether it is because of roaming or data usage.

Any other way I can know if those buggers have subscribed me to any plan?

Whats url of rworld?

^

wap.rworld.co.in

very surprising, enjoy it till u can...

And how do they bill you under Plan 99 - for actual usage or is it 5ps/10kb + 5ps/10kb on entire usage. Is there any excess billing problem you have encountered?
I have subscribed to plan 99 only from this month. Have to wait for bill next month and see. (Aap hi ne bola: "wait for the bomb!")
Do you have L1 plan?
L0
What other internet apps are you able to use with Plan 99? I also want to activate Plan 99/199 but based on your clarifications to the above, I will go ahead.
Working: Opera mini(2-3 versions incl. modded) in http mode only. Skype in http mode only. Yahoo Go!(don't know which mode), Google maps(don't know which mode)

Not Working(used to work earlier): Opera mini in socket mode, Skype in socket mode, tsmobiles(remote access app)

What will be my advantage if I continue or discontinue L1 plan?
Sorry! Don't know the differences between L0, L1. Will check.

How to find out how much KB we have used? Can't see any option in RWorld. And the CC fellow says i'll only know when I get the bill next month.

i m a prepaid customer and i m using relmobileworld without any proxy ..its working fine with the uts username and password ...i m not suscribed to any plan

but i m observing that my balance it getting reduced at a faster rate ...may be i m been charged more than 5p/10kb ....i will give it a thorough check today to see how much i m been charged

Any answer about my quarry regarding tata internet charges in previous post?i am still waiting.

@nshram,

Thanks for your detailed inputs. Lets wait and watch the situation. I will activate my Plan 99/199 from the next month as this month, I will be charged for the full month instead of pro-rata rentals. In between I may decide to go prepaid also. I think its time for me also to quit RCOM now. Too many changes and shocks in the last 6 months. 'Reliance' is totally 'Unreliance' now, every month something or the other is added to make our bills fatter. I don't mind it as long as it is healthy but beyond a point, it is unacceptable.

@doc,

How are you able to log on using the UTS id and pw? Many others here are unable to use it at all (in prepaid, that is).

^

Today I subscribed to the the 199/- plan on PREPAID; directly from their site, without any problem and ALL websites have started working; though surprisingly I am unable to download Weather on HTC Home, also emails not being downloaded by MobileWorld connection in outlook; 199/- got deducted from my Prepaid Balance and it shows validity of 1 month; I got SMS to that effect also; but the plan is auto-renewable; so I will have to manually unsubscribe if I wish to...

No other balance is getting deducted while browsing till now; I think this will fulfill my needs to remain 24hours online and on GPS for Google Maps Latitude... but this thing about downloads needs to be sorted out as it is enabling only browsing...

Edited by dkaile

@doc,

How are you able to log on using the UTS id and pw? Many others here are unable to use it at all (in prepaid, that is).

i guess i m lucky in that case :GirandoOjos: ...its working for me ..

but i have no issues even if it stops ...i m not gonna suscribe to any r world plans ..i m happy with my vodafone edge and nokia email service...

Update: also further balance is being deducted when I am browsing and it seems much more than 5p/10kb; nearly 6Rs. have been deducted for about 2 hours browsing... pretty ****ty plan, I guess... they take 199/- also and then also charge for browsing...

; nearly 6Rs. have been deducted for about 2 hours browsing.

6rs for 2hrs of browsing isnt bad at all

^^^

But doc, he has subscribed to Plan 199 which will entitle him to free 100MB per month and after that only, charges can be deducted. This is unfair.

@dkaile,

I guess you will have to email/write to CMO about this matter. I think they have by mistake activated your Plan 199 because it is not available for prepaid AFAIK. But with RCOM, one never knows.

^

No Kumaar Shah, they have clearly stated that 199/- is only for plan charges; but they will be charging 5p/10kb network charges separately besides that... so I dont think athat will work... but a combined protest seems to be in order like last time...

But doc, he has subscribed to Plan 199 which will entitle him to free 100MB per month and after that only, charges can be deducted. This is unfair.

ok ...i dont have much idea abt the r world plans

so 199 /mnth entitles u to have 100mb free data ??

Could anybody pls give me a direct separate complaint no. of Internet problems of Reliance posted by amit jain somewhere; cant seem to find it... because I have to talk them about this download problem, as 199/- plan specifies download also...