Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus On Evdo

i think there is some thing different for data card unbill . may be it takes times to update something like this.

i remember 1-2 yrs back when i used unlimited 1500 plan then i had to request to inc my credit limit because they would barr it without bill generation awith reason that credit limit is 1800 and unbill 4500 . then i would fight that this is unlimited plan and i would pay 1500+ tax after bill generation .

but after sometime i stopped facing this problem . now dont remember exactly whether they inc credit limit or did something else .

but as jayanth said this is for sure i have also seen data card bill with bill >> credit limit after fully taking in account and free usuage of that period .

so there is something which is not crystal clear w.r.t credit limit n data usuage ; like for voice calls n sms

This is nothing but a *C*H*E*A*T*I*N*G* One should not be surprised if they send you a Bill of Rs.14982/- plus taxes in second or third month onwards.

I will be surely suprised.

If I still take Unlimited Plan of Rs.1099/1750

Yes, I will be surprised how can I get Bill of Rs. 14982??

Billing depends totally on Credit Limit.

A new customer get Credit Limit of Rs. 1000-1200 in starting.

So how can we get higher bills?

Only our services will be suspended after we use 10GB and then use upto our credit limit (as per Rs.2/MB)

So one can use max around 10.5-11 GB only.

Am I wrong?

OMG you literally took the amount seriously. The amount I mentioned is just a symbolic. It also can happen that on third or fourth day the connection will be suspended for over usage and you may need to pay heavily to use it further or after paying the bill upto you credit limit.

They have sent such huge bills to postpaid phone and broadnet users in past. I myself am a witness of few such cases and quarrels in reliance head office which is next to my home. And yes, with reliance its possible. I was surprised to see my own name blacklisted for Rs.11 of non-payment when I went to buu CDMA1x data card. The outstanding was of FWP termination, thouhght I paid every bill upto end and paid last amount by cash in thier office. After showing the copy of termination letter and last paid reciept they were convinced and I got data-card. This happened just 6 months back.

They may send such bill even if you have some credit limit. They can simply give you an excuse that credit limit was increased under some scheme and it may happen. But anyways thanks for your reply. Go ahead use above 10GB and test for yourself. You have to be ready always for surprises, at least with reliance. Dont forget to tell us honestly that what the highest amount of bill you have paid to them. Upto credit limit or more. Anyways goodluck with FUP.

Edited by cmahendra

So which one is better? Wired broadband or the EVDO USB? I've already asked for the broadband, but if it's not good then I can get the USB.

DSL Broadband is good, if you dont need mobility.

Reliance HSD if you need mobility and higher speeds of upto 3.1mbps.

Choice is yours.

Except me, Arun and P K Daga, Anyone else purchased this modem?

Please share your views.

hey amit can we take 1 x plans on evdo datacard ..

Except me, Arun and P K Daga, Anyone else purchased this modem?

Please share your views.

I saw the working today.. Youtube was working fine without any breaks.

But the funnies part was, the varied results from diff Speed testing sites.

Speedtest was funny - 50% difference in 2 mins (500/400 & then 300/120 kbps for Up/Down)

Another site said 1.8Mbps download..

I have no experience normally with these sites, so it was very confusing.

(BTW, tested near a window in JP Nagar 6th phase, South Blr)

They have their own Tariffs, cmon.

Unless.. ofcourse..

I saw the working today.. Youtube was working fine without any breaks.

But the funnies part was, the varied results from diff Speed testing sites.

Speedtest was funny - 50% difference in 2 mins (500/400 & then 300/120 kbps for Up/Down)

Another site said 1.8Mbps download..

I have no experience normally with these sites, so it was very confusing.

(BTW, tested near a window in JP Nagar 6th phase, South Blr)

To check the speed,you should Download FlashGet.

And download a big file say 200-300 MB, then you will come to know actual speed.

HSD and RIM(1xData Card) plans are totally different.

You can not take a 1xDataCard Plan in HSD.

ok. thanks . i just wanted to confirm .

The huawei modem looks really world class.. Very beautiful.

And whever i see the ZTE HSDC, i get reminded of MG 880 1x modem.. horrendous installation process that one.

MicroSD Card feature also.

But it is very tall.

MicroSD Card feature also.

But it is very tall.

What? Micro SD Card for storage.. how did i miss that one ?

What capacity plz ? Amazing thing then.

Upto 32GB SDHC. Though no limit.

DSL Broadband is good, if you dont need mobility.

Reliance HSD if you need mobility and higher speeds of upto 3.1mbps.

Choice is yours.

What speeds must be expected from both of them? Is tata HSD type service good? Any of them giving the unit free and charge only usage or as per the plan?

<< Topic cleaned up. Thank you >>

So which one is better? Wired broadband or the EVDO USB? I've already asked for the broadband, but if it's not good then I can get the USB.

Its actually difficult to decide when you compare both. Actually there is no point in comparing both. Why one should compare fixed wired connection and wireless connection? But still there are few basic points of discussoin between Wired and EVDO USB internet connection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Wired connection have UNLIMITED bandwidth plans at cheaper rates. EVDO USB is just introduced with competing plans but still no UNLIMITED plans at the moment and all we know Reliance Broadband+ is actually not Unlimited.

2) In Wired connection we get really STABLE connection and mostly the exact speed you get what promised by ISP. Wireless will always be Network dependent and GOD know what these ISPs try to kick each others network and we never get stable connection. The demo of whole 90 minutes I got of EVDO USB was not stable, it was between 300K to 700K and only for few minutes I got 1MBPS, with close tower network. But still they claim the give upto 3.1. May in future it will improve.

3) You can connect wired connection to Router and share among many computers at home and at office. But USB DEVICE can be connected to only one computer. Using software proxy for sharing is possible at offices but still unpractical.

4) Mobility of EVDO USB with broadand speed even upto 1mbps was a long awaited dream, which became true for all of us, so this is the one important reason why I will go for this solution. I myself am going to get this option in a week only for the Mobility feature. Anyways if an average 1mbps speed is enough for you with 10GB download then EVDO is great thing to go for.

5) Pendrive option. Just above in discussion I came to know that 32GB space provided as PENDRIVE on the device which is really a great convinience. I still dont know if MODEM and PENDRIVE can be used at the same time or not. Is yes, then its really a great thing.

MODEM and PENDRIVE can be used at the same time or not. Is yes, then its really a great thing.

Yes

MODEM and PENDRIVE can be used at the same time or not. Is yes, then its really a great thing.

Yes

Thanks a lot for confirmation! I also got some information with nearly similar model of HUAWEI EC169 CDMA EVDO modem at this link

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=2100

The specification says "TRANSFLASH CARD SLOT" That means we can use any high capacity TFlash card seperately purchasing. Its really amazing idea to use several different TFcards with same devices, that will save lots of space and we can carry large audio / video files conviniently to be carried and transfered or simply enjoy. Its convinient to organize our fun data and business data in seperate TFlash. No need to carry multiple pendrives at the same time. Its Cool....but I am still supicious about speed. May be someone finds the data transfer speed information of HUAWEI pendrive mode comparing with normal pendrives.

I tried a lot to get specification of Huawei EC168C the exact model offered by reliance, but it seems the modem is either discontinued or custom made for reliance and not given on site. Imho both the models are nearly same.

Edited by cmahendra

^^^

Aur Mahendra Saheb, how r u ?

Seen you online after such a long time. :) We really miss your intellectual reviews on the forum.

Keep visiting the forum my dear friend. Spare some time for us also. :)

The FUP clause is very disappointing. I'm considering Tata Photon.

Pros

1) No FUP

2) New Unlimited Plan is now 1250/=

Cons

1) Rev 0 (the website info is wrong: router and modem are both 2.4Mbps.

FUP is a deal breaker: Reliance please reconsider fast.

Thats not true. Even Photon has FUP.

http://www.tataindicom.com/hsia-usb-tariff.aspx

Wireless Broadband Service USB Tariffs

Tariff Details

Available in Mumbai

Plan Name Monthly Rental Free Usage Additional Usage Charges

Pay as you Surf 299 NIL Rs 2/MB

Get Started 400 400 150 MB Rs 2/MB

Night Surf * 499 Night Unlimited** 10pm – 7am Rs 2/MB 7am – 10pm

Photon+ 1 650 1 GB Rs 2/MB

Photon+ 2.5* 850 2.5 GB Rs 2/MB

Freedom Plan* 1250 Unlimited** Rs 2/MB

Add On Pack Details

Plan Name Monthly Rental Free Usage Additional Usage

High Speed - Night Unlimited Add on Pack Rs.199 Unlimited Usage between 10pm to 7am* Rs.2/Per MB (7am – 10 pm)

Terms and Conditions:

* As per fair usage policy, 10 GB free usage will be available in Freedom plan, Night Unlimited plan(10pm to 7am) and Night Surf Add on pack(10pm to 7am). Usage above 10 GB would be charged at Rs.2 per MB

* Night Surf add-on pack will be applicable on all plans except Pay As You Surf plan, Night Surf & Freedom Plan

TATA is copy cat.

They Just Cut Copy and Paste our EVDO Tariffs.

1) Wired connection have UNLIMITED bandwidth plans at cheaper rates.

2) You can connect wired connection to Router and share among many computers at home and at office. But USB DEVICE can be connected to only one computer. Using software proxy for sharing is possible at offices but still unpractical.

3) Pendrive option. Just above in discussion I came to know that 32GB space provided as PENDRIVE on the device which is really a great convinience. I still dont know if MODEM and PENDRIVE can be used at the same time or not. Is yes, then its really a great thing.

1) I think you made a mistake here - Unlimited Data

2) Can this also be done with Offices having Wifi.. i thought that was easier as suggested by fellow members.

3) Diff betweem Micro SD card & Flash Card ? Just another type or some fundamental differences.

^^^

Seen you online after such a long time. :) We really miss your intellectual reviews on the forum.

^^^^ Same goes for you buddy.

The FUP clause is very disappointing. I'm considering Tata Photon.

Pros

1) No FUP

2) New Unlimited Plan is now 1250/=

Cons

1) Rev 0 (the website info is wrong: router and modem are both 2.4Mbps.

FUP is a deal breaker: Reliance please reconsider fast.

I too saw the website & very surprised too see it mentioning 3.1 Mbps

http://www.tataindicom.com/HSIA-photon-usb.aspx

Since this is in writing on their official site i.e. legally acceptable, can the Customers not sue it for misleading them?

Atleast put a star & say - "Actual bandwidth upto 2.4 Mbps"

If RComm can get away with "Unlimited", why not them no matter how stupid it sounds?

It mentions Coverage at the end of the same page (link given above)

"This service is presently available only in select areas of Bangalore, Chennai, Jaipur, Mumbai, Jammu & Kashmir & North East States"

but which NE states ? What non-sense.

Any info on TATA website with regards to their technology i.e. Rev 0?

Edited by ACS

1) Wired connection have UNLIMITED bandwidth plans at cheaper rates.

2) You can connect wired connection to Router and share among many computers at home and at office. But USB DEVICE can be connected to only one computer. Using software proxy for sharing is possible at offices but still unpractical.

3) Pendrive option. Just above in discussion I came to know that 32GB space provided as PENDRIVE on the device which is really a great convinience. I still dont know if MODEM and PENDRIVE can be used at the same time or not. Is yes, then its really a great thing.

1) I think you made a mistake here - Unlimited Data

2) Can this also be done with Offices having Wifi.. i thought that was easier as suggested by fellow members.

3) Diff betweem Micro SD card & Flash Card ? Just another type or some fundamental differences.

Hi ACS

1) yes thats my typo-error, I mean data trasnfer, not bandwidth. anyways the whole sentence makes it understand.

2) Of course yes, software proxy is already in-built in XP/VISTA at no extra cost or no extra hardware. Just some good network person can do that. With USB the Internet is connected and with LANCARD the internet can be shared among home or office comps. You can surely try some other professional hasslefree softwares (some freely) available on net. Just type software proxy server in google. Anyone can simply setup by reading step-by-step guide or instructions.

3) Later discovered that this USB EVDO modem have MicroSD Slot making it external detachable device hence I suspect the speed of reading and writing will not match with normal pendrive, but still its convinience for small small documents.

^^^

Hi Honest bro...

I was bit busy for one major family function hence was away for quiet some time. But hoping to stay connected now.... Thanks a lot for a warm welcome.