Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus On Evdo

I had posted last year when I had been to USA that EVDO speeds were 600 to 800kbps.

600 to 800 kbps = 75 kB/s to 100 kB/sec = 0.60 Mbps to 0.80 Mbps

The maximum download speed achievable by EVDO Rev A. technically is 3.10 Mbps = 387.50 KB/s = 3100 kbps.

So when you say you got only 600 to 800 kbps, thats too low. Are you sure that you got that speed only when you used it in US?

If you are still confused, use this calculator: http://web.forret.com/tools/bandwidth.asp

I did run the speedtest site dslreports.com/mspeed on NTC mogul myself on sprint USA. I did it 3 to 4 times. I got actual download speed ranging from 600 - 800kbps. This was in morning and evening. I got 600kbps on ppc6700. This is all on EV. Ashok should confirm if he can get his hands on sprint.

600 - 800kbps

Here we are getting around 3200 kbps..

Then why did you say that ours is half EVDO?

^^^

My friend, I think u are confused between kbps and KBps

1 KBps (kilo Bite per sec) = 8 kbps (kilo bit per sec)

so 353 KB/s = 353 x 8 i.e. 2824 kbps

How is this equation? This is new maths for me. How is 1kbps=8kbps? Wow!!

If this is the case, then my download speed would be 5000kbps=5mbps on my cable modem. I would have been partying then.

its not 1 kbps = 8 kbps

its 1 KBps = 8 kbps (Pl. Note the CAPITAL letters. they have a specific purpose and meaning)

just like there is Kilogram (Kg) and gram (gm) and 1 Kg = 1000 gm (10^3 in decimal system with base 10)

in binary system there is Byte ( B ) and bit ( B ) and 1 Byte = 8 bit (2^3 in binary system with base 2)

so 1 Byte ( B ) = 8 bits

Download speeds are always measured in kiloBytes (KB) and bandwidth are always measured in kilobits (kb)

Hence 1 KBps = 8 kbps

assuming 1 KBps and 1 kbps means the same thing is like sayin that 1 Kg is qual to 1 gm.

Its a common mistake. most people say that they have taken a 2 mbps connection but getting a download speed of around 200 kbps only. actually what they mean is that they are getting a download speed of around 200 KB/sec which is around 1600 kbps.

Edited by commonman

^^^But Vishal Sheth is not getting this....

He is saying that 600 to 800 kbps which he got in USA is better than our 360 kBps.

Edited by @mitJ@in

Is there any difference in the speed with both modems? Which one is working better.

I found ZTE AC8710 much better in Speeds.

And Huawei 168c in looks.

does both have HSD and 1x mode?

So the ugly typist is more productive than the beautiful secretary....

LOL

^^^But Vishal Sheth is not getting this....

He is saying that 600 to 800 kbps which he got in USA is better than our 360 kBps.

can all rimwerian stop discussing GAME of kbps and KB/s

I got 600kbps on ppc6700. This is all on EV. Ashok should confirm if he can get his hands on sprint.

PPC 6700 is not EVDO Rev A, but its EVDO Rev 0. Hence the lower speed that you are getting.

Is there any difference in the speed with both modems? Which one is working better.

I found ZTE AC8710 much better in Speeds.

And Huawei 168c in looks.

does both have HSD and 1x mode?

Yes

I checked with my cousin in USA and here are the results. Speedtest done from site dslreports.com/mspeed.

"800w: ran 100k test, got error message that file size was too large, picked 1MB and got: 1021kbit/sec, .109s latency, 8.13s d/l time (not sure why it said 8.13s, it literally took a fraction of a second)"

I've copy pasted what he has sent me. Just to remind everyone that these results are of Aprint USA. Hetal, Kalpak, Sadikk are aware of these results as I had discussed with them too. On my reliance phone I was on 1x and got speed of 65kbps in usa. I had talked to reliance people and they said that this is the best speed you'll get. So I had nothing to tell them. They said that I'd login to the evdo in roaming. But no.

I got 600kbps on ppc6700. This is all on EV. Ashok should confirm if he can get his hands on sprint.

PPC 6700 is not EVDO Rev A, but its EVDO Rev 0. Hence the lower speed that you are getting.

I just saw EV on phone in place of 1x. I don't know technically which EVDO is it.

I checked with my cousin in USA and here are the results. Speedtest done from site dslreports.com/mspeed.

"800w: ran 100k test, got error message that file size was too large, picked 1MB and got: 1021kbit/sec, .109s latency, 8.13s d/l time (not sure why it said 8.13s, it literally took a fraction of a second)"

That is normal practical speed for EVDO Rev 0. You would get better speeds with EVDO Rev A. devices like a HTC 6800. The USB data cards provided by Reliance for NetConnect Broadband+ is EVDO Rev A.

My HTC S720 is also EVDO Rev A how can i use Netconnect on it?

Reliance doesn't allow EVDO NetConnect on mobile handsets.

I just tried dslreports.com/mspeed through my Reliance NetConnect Broadband+ data card and it clocked 1579 kbit/sec

A tip for those using Reliance NetConnect Broadband+ data card: Use the extension data cable for connecting to your PC instead of connecting it directly to your PC's USB port and keep it near the window. You will notice a speed difference.

I have done a download test and got the following download speed on Reliance NetConnect Broadband+ with ZTE modem:

post-1-1238157418_thumb.png

post-1-1238157440_thumb.png

I have mentioned the kbps value also in the above screenshot to avoid kilobits and kilobytes confusion

Average speed is about 2 Mbps; on a 3.1 Mbps connection ON THE MOVE, I suppose its OK; should be nearer to the 3.1 Mbps they claim; still pretty great results; Now when will they launch at Meerut?? Only covering major cities at present...

Hay Arun,

This is good news if you are getting 1530kbps. I'm waiting for this to be available on the phone. If EVDO is not launched how come it's launched on the data card? I guess the clearance foes for all, right?

Hay Arun,

This is good news if you are getting 1530kbps. I'm waiting for this to be available on the phone. If EVDO is not launched how come it's launched on the data card? I guess the clearance foes for all, right?

Not sure why you said EVDO is not launched? It is not available on phone/handsets in India because that would require 3G license. Reliance is providing it on data card only since their NetConnect service is provided through ISP license and not mobile operator license.

Hay Arun,

Not sure why you said EVDO is not launched? It not available on phone/handsets in India because that would require 3G license. Reliance is providing it on data card only since their NetConnect service is provided through ISP license and not mobile operator license.

Oh ok. I totally forgot that this is under the broadband license. I'm waiting for similar speeds on handsets when they launch this service.

neconnect lanched in maharashtra on 25th march

Today I personally went to Webworld, here in Mumbai (Please always mention your City in your post to know plan differences). Came to know about few Unlimited Citywise and National plans of BROADBAND+ 3G EVDO (wireless usb internet connection). After reading the fine print about UNLIMITED plans with 10GB limit, I objected on word unlimited but the counter sales-lady was smart, she aksed me who uses more than 10GB per month? I said I use around 45 GB per month (my last month usage :D ) on my Reliance Wired BroadNet Unlimited 1mbps connection. And her eyes went rolling with disbelief. Anyways she went silent after that.

In Broadband+ (EVDO) they mentioned some plans saying UNLIMITED***, yes a word "unlimited with three stars" and in fine print they say Fair Usage Policy is 10GB limit and 2Rs. per MB. This is nothing but a *C*H*E*A*T*I*N*G* One should not be surprised if they send you a Bill of Rs.14982/- plus taxes in second or third month onwards.

Knowing all the facts now I still demanded for the demo, but the related person was out for onsite demo itself, so I gave my address and came home. Around after two hours, two young boys came with ZTE usb modem and installed it. I was amazed to see the speed upto 1 mbps with all kind of tests I did. They also said it shoots upto 3.1 mbps when network is good, but for me the proof of stable 1mbps wireless connection was better than other solutions. Anyways in my opinion even 1 MBPS is unbelievably great and outstanding while you are travelling. I was totally satisfied with the available speed. Its better than my wired Unlimited plan.

If they stop this *C*H*E*A*T*I*N*G* of word UNLIMITED with 10GB limit I will sure go for it.

One disadvantage for home users that they cannot share it on multiple pcs with hardware solutions like ROUTER,etc and using shared internet with proxy server with this unit is simply un-practical.

I am already UN-satisfied user of CDMA 1x since many years in Mumbai and looking for a ...CHANGE. If some of you people think they you can upgrade from CDMA 1x to Broadband+ EVDO, then you are wrong. CDMA 1x is older technology and the device have limited speed upto 144kbps (they claim it). This device cannot be used for 3G EVDO. Broadband+ is based on 3G and 3D device will be required. Webworld people have clear information that there is no upgradation option is available now.

Yes, I forgot to mention why I went to Webworld. Actually I terminated my postpaid plan and shifted to prepaid of CDMA1x Data card, which I think I may not be using anymore. Anyways it was my secondary option for net.

Morale of the post here is "ALWAYS READ A FINE PRINT" I hope some of my experience and information would be useful to some of you people. Thanks for reading and bye for now...

Edited by cmahendra

From last two days, I have not been able to get more than 0.6 Mbps on Reliance Wireless Broadband +

Card available with dealers of Reliance for demo also hv FUP applicable. Empl may be hving without FUP.

This is nothing but a *C*H*E*A*T*I*N*G* One should not be surprised if they send you a Bill of Rs.14982/- plus taxes in second or third month onwards.

I will be surely suprised.

If I still take Unlimited Plan of Rs.1099/1750

Yes, I will be surprised how can I get Bill of Rs. 14982??

Billing depends totally on Credit Limit.

A new customer get Credit Limit of Rs. 1000-1200 in starting.

So how can we get higher bills?

Only our services will be suspended after we use 10GB and then use upto our credit limit (as per Rs.2/MB)

So one can use max around 10.5-11 GB only.

Am I wrong?

^^^^ As there's no Unbilled usage which can be caculated, there's no Credit limit calculation in Data Services before Bill generation. Only once bill is generated, will they bar the line.

But in case ppl use CDMA 1x DC also for Voice communication, this could be possible but no point discussing this.

I have seen DC Bills with Credit limit 2400 & bill for 4500. Its big money Guys !

Edited by ACS

^^^^ As there's no Unbilled usage which can be caculated, there's no Credit limit calculation in Data Services

Data unbilled is also calculated in Unbilled,

Though you wont be able to check your unbill amount via any source like *222 or websites, cc.

But your DATA CARD will be barred after the Data Unbilled is 120% more than Credit Limit.