Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus On Evdo

Which plan are you using?

Friendzz I have finally Bought Huwai model with Citywide 10gb Plan 1099/- per month and speed is really awsome.

Friendz I am able to Login Using UTS And SC810 Username And Passwords, Can u plz guide what will happen if i use these User Id and passwords ,I mean how i ll be charged ,either i will be charged or not.?

I am able to browse the Net 3.1mbps with both the above userid's.

Please Guide.

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

:previous: Are you asking how to find the usage?

Hi all,

i live in HSR Layout, Bangalore. I recently bought This BB+ connection with Huawei modem. First of all, i had quite a lot of problems getting it activated due to various silly reasons and mistakes done by Reliance guys. I had it successfully installed on 20th April. First 3 days the speed was .... tops 3.1 Mbits/sec. i downloaded the XMen origins pre-release copy (around 1.3 GB) in 45 minutes. I had a 310 KB/s top speed while using utorrent which was quite stable.

But the next days comes the sudden change in speeds... max upto 160 KB/s only. Although www.speed.io shows upto 2Mbits/sec, i am not able to get good speeds while downloading movies.

Let me know if you guys also facing this kinda issue.

Thanks,

Which plan are you using?

I choosed the plan 10GB @ Night.

Maybe a good choice my friend.. 10 GB Night Plan might look expensive during the day but in reality its worth paying 50p/min as even movies can be downloaded in no time.

Anyways, the add-on Night 199 pack should be effective 1st May.

ppl can now go for 1 GB + Night pack to be on the safer side, if more hours are clocked during the day.

Secondly, plz do not shout !

Edited by ACS

Night Pack will be effective from 1st June 2009, Just confirmed from CC 180030005555

Has anyone tried netconnect+ modems on Windows 7 beta? Will it work with Windows 7.

Windows 7 will be formally released in October and it will be the standard OS for next several years to come. I am holding back my purchase of new laptop till October and now wondering if this modem will work on Windows 7.

^^^

My dear friend, I don't think that there will be any problems for using this Modem with Windows 7. :)

All devices which works on Windows XP and Vista will be compatible to be used with Windows 7. :)

Has anyone tried netconnect+ modems on Windows 7 beta? Will it work with Windows 7.

Windows 7 will be formally released in October and it will be the standard OS for next several years to come. I am holding back my purchase of new laptop till October and now wondering if this modem will work on Windows 7.

Yes it does. I tried Huawei modem and it works fine for me. drivers got installed automatically and I got connected to Net

Third USB HSD Device is now here.

Huawei EC1260

Very Small Device with MicroSD Slot.

Price Same Rs.3500

Night Pack will be effective from 1st June 2009, Just confirmed from CC 180030005555

Check this out..

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=149862

Third USB HSD Device is now here.

Huawei EC1260

Very Small Device with MicroSD Slot.

Price Same Rs.3500

Check this out..

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=149861

I am planning to go for this Huawei EC1260 model; Pls if someone could clarify:-

1. Is it still coming with MicroSD card support to use as both Modem and Datacard?

2. Which plan is better for minimal on the go emergency use - Prepaid (1GB for 715Rs.) or Postpaid (499/- Broadband+ 10gb@night in which it is 50p/mb for extra download/day usage)?

3. Is this modem ok or is some other model better?

I am planning to go for this Huawei EC1260 model; Pls if someone could clarify:-

1. Is it still coming with MicroSD card support to use as both Modem and Datacard?

2. Which plan is better for minimal on the go emergency use - Prepaid (1GB for 715Rs.) or Postpaid (499/- Broadband+ 10gb@night in which it is 50p/mb for extra download/day usage)?

2. It depends on what you are going to use in an emergency. I would stick to a package which doesn't have usage charges, so the 1 GB plan will be ideal if you are sure that your emergency usage won't go above that limit.

Services Started in Meerut??

And go for EC168.

Prepaid is Ok for Emergency Use

^

Nope, not yet.. I require mainly for on the go usage in Delhi/Faridabad Region... It works OK in Faridabad, I suppose?

Mainly, EC1260 is available now; What seems to be the problem for recommending EC168?

In prepaid, if I dont recharge for 1-2 months, will it be ok? They are giving free 10GB data download for 1st month in prepaid, I read. Can I use that even without recharging in 1st month?

Can u get it for me, or I can collect it from u? PM/email me details, lowest price etc...

1) Has a slot, not sure if it works.

2) 1 GB + Night 199 is normally recommended.. in your case 499/- could work out if you barely use durin the day.

3) EC168 has been withdrawn for the time being. This is better than ZTE.

Last post was of 16-Jul-09. So, I am renewing the question -

As per the info available on rcom's website, there are three modems available

1. Huawei EC 1260

2. Huawei EC 168 C

3. ZTE AC871

Looking into this thread, it seems that EC168 is no more available (though it is listed on reliance's site)

So, which modem is better ?

I went for Huawei EC 1260. It works perfectly fine. Speed is good. But heats up in very few minutes.

^^^^ You cannot open that card neither does it support a Micro SD.

Damn card doesnt even have an RSN number on the face of it.