Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

R-uim System Solutions

Overview

The Removable User Identity Module (R-UIM) system solution contains user information and data features on a removable smart card about the size of a postage stamp. Once personal data is stored on the R-UIM, it can be removed and reinserted in a new device, transferring all the personal data to the new device without programming.

The R-UIM is a dual-mode solution that can store both GSM provisioning and CDMA provisioning on a single card. CDMA subscribers can insert the dual-mode R-UIM card into a GSM phone and instantly have all of their subscription data available in a GSM network. When used with a GSM handset, the R-UIM operates like a GSM 11.11 Subscriber Identity Module (SIM). For international travelers, the R-UIM allows roaming across CDMA and GSM networks with the same multimode terminal.

Benefits

=> Enables users to program personal information once and roam between CDMA and GSM networks with a multimode device

=> Eliminates the need for consumers to program phones, PDAs and other wireless devices with the same personal information multiple times

=> Provides operators with state-of-the-art security for applications like mobile banking and commerce

Key Functionality

=> IS-820 standard

=> Support for all standard CDMA authentication protocols

=> Storage capacities from 300 bytes to 32 kilobytes

I have to add something to that great thread. Todays two phone named GTRAN GCP 4020 and Telson TWC-1150. Both use RUIM card. Many people asked me whether they can apply GSK or HCC on these sets also.

The ans is yes u can do this. But u have to check it with reliance. To checking about HCC and GSK can apply or not. you have to send a SMS to a number 3733 after some u will find all required info from reliance. The Procedure is as follows:

1. Turn off your handsets.

2. Remove the battery from phone.

3. Remove the RUIM from RUIM Slot very carefully.

4. Check the back side of your RUIM chip, it contain a 15 digit number called RSN number. Not it down and place the battery and RUIM chip to their respective location.

5. Turn on your handset.

6. open compose box of SMS.

7. Type getstat RSN Number. For example if ur RSN number is ABCDE1234567890. Then u have to type getstat ABCDE1234567890 in compose box and send it to 3733.

8. In one or 2 min u have received info whether u can apply HCC or GSK on ur handsets or not.

It required RSN number of RUIM, not Handsets

For more keep posting at RIMWEB.

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: Thanks to Ashoksoft for this info.

Edited by RajanPERT

there was a small typo .. one alphabet .. .edited that

Cheers

Ashok

great! When are we going to see these things in India? I want to be a Reliance subscriber but I want an option open for GSM too! AND I don't want to use two separate handsets :help:

i am a bit confused about the use of RUIM. My queries are:-

1. Does RUIM plays the same role in CDMA as SIM plays in GSM ?
  2. If i use a RUIM card then apart from RUIM, does the handset needs to be programmed ( like traditional non RUIM based handsets) to access the network ?
  3. There r many handsets which have RUIM slots. Still why does service provider programmes it rather than selling it with RUIM ?
  4. Can i change the handset just by swapping RUIM (like in GSM phones) ?
  5. Can i change handsets of two different service providers (TATA & REL) by swapping RUIM ?
  6. RUIM is beneficial for international travellers. How is it beneficial for non-travellers ?

Plz answer my queries.

RUIM and SIM Card in GSM is same Hardware not a single POint Difference is there.

RUIM and SIM compliaes with ISO Standard, GSM and CDG Standards.

ALL RUIM and SIM is a Secured Storage devices.

Failing to Pass the Authentification on repetative time can make RUIM or SIM Unusable.

All RUIM/SIM have Secured and Non Secured Storage Area.

Non Secured Area stores Phone Book, SIM Books an some Users data. Secure Part stores SHA1, SHA2, A Key and other Authentication Related Informaton.

All Secured INformation is Stored in Files in Secured Area.

RUIM have RUIM ID which 56 Bit evalent to 32 Bit ESN, so is the case for IMIS in GSM.

RUIM can as used as GSM

As in GSM to use WAP we have to Program the System or Get Setting for That. Normally CDMA is Starndardised so to use net or QNC we dont have to do that.

But to use Services like RWorld or Tata Zone we have to do that.

RUIM can be safely Swapped between the Operator like Reliance of Tata. Non Tranveller can Switch the Handset within a Minute If the Phone Get Damaged, we can easily Swap it with new easily. If the Battery Drain our We can Borrow other CDMA RUIM Based Handset to Make Call Divert Active or to use another Phone Temporary. Normally RUIM handset still have to Programmed only for Specilised Services of Proxy based WAP Setting.

i am a bit confused about the use of RUIM. My queries are:-
  1. Does RUIM plays the same role in CDMA as SIM plays in GSM ?
  2. If i use a RUIM card then apart from RUIM, does the handset needs to be programmed ( like traditional non RUIM based handsets) to access the network ?
  3. There r many handsets which have RUIM slots. Still why does service provider programmes it rather than selling it with RUIM ?
  4. Can i change the handset just by swapping RUIM (like in GSM phones) ?
  5. Can i change handsets of two different service providers (TATA & REL) by swapping RUIM ?
  6. RUIM is beneficial for international travellers. How is it beneficial for non-travellers ?

Plz answer my queries.

Funny part with Reliance RUIM is that it does not support International roaming, so standards and bene fits are on books atleast for relaince. They still give GSM SIM for inernational roaming and for CDMA roaming, you can not use RUIM handsets because RUIM handsets do not contain international PRL and RUIM PRL can not be upgraded using *228 services.

So till relance wake up and take corrective action, we all have to feel happy reading only.

GSM SIM is not accepted by CDMa RUIM based handset nokia 2865 bt if RUIM is putinto GSM then it does not reject but merely shows no coverage area.

can i still think of ..inspite of the discussion above ,want a confirmation. can i think of using RUIM in the GSM handset? :Confuso:

Want to convert ur Reliance Nokia phones in Ruim enabled.. To use new (GSK Pre or post)

Shoot me a email at mohsinattari@gmail.com

Edited by KingofKalyan

6585 nokia has a ruim slot.. can i work it out?

and if i have to use t sim in that too, then whats the solution

Edited by copperco2

GSM SIM is not accepted by CDMa RUIM based handset nokia 2865 bt if RUIM is putinto GSM then it does not reject but merely shows no coverage area.

can i still think of ..inspite of the discussion above ,want a confirmation. can i think of using RUIM in the GSM handset? :confuse:

RUIM cards are accepted by GSM and shows network, provided it has information similar to PRL is loaded on it or it supports over the air SIM / RUIM update for available network. GSM SIM contains some details about networks but when you go say for international roaming, then it can be updated for available network. Where SIM querries all available network and store data in SIM to registeith network.

Reliance RUIM is OTA Compatible means Over The Air Provisioning

Means PRL can Update via air after Calling *228 with HCC

Edited by hpnasik

Reliance RUIM is OTA Compatible means Over The Air Provisioning

Means PRL can Update via air after Calling *228 with HCC

No PRL can not be updated by *228, I tried for international roaming PRL. Only MIN is getting updated in RUIM. I dont know if newer RUIM PRL can be updated.

Hi friends i have nokia 1255.

Can i enable the sim slot in that?

Can i use tata sim in that?

If i can use with tata sim, is it possible to use both networks at a time?

And another doubt is , how to interface 1255 to computer?

Please...................help me?

• Like 1

Is it possible to read RUIM ID \ ICCID from a handset embedded application?

Best regards, Magnus

RUIM used

MeID and pESN in Newer Cards like in TATA (xxxxxx xx xx xx xx) and (xx xx xx xx) pESN is Backward Compatible with ESN MEID is Forward Compatible with ICCID of GSM

Reliance uses RUIM with ESN (xx xx xx xx)

RUIM used

MeID and pESN in Newer Cards like in TATA (xxxxxx xx xx xx xx) and (xx xx xx xx) pESN is Backward Compatible with ESN MEID is Forward Compatible with ICCID of GSM

Reliance uses RUIM with ESN (xx xx xx xx)

Means tata is already prepared for GSM? just swipe RUIM?

'Failing to Pass the Authentification on repetative time can make RUIM or SIM Unusable.'

My reliance prepaid handset is displaying -UIM permanently blocked-What is the solution now?Help me quickly :NOTriste: