Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bablus

MTNL's UNLIMITED Free Calls Phone

Just bought a Kyocera K112 offerred (free) by Garuda on the unlimited package

Wanted to know if anyone has got the codes for the model...

Any idea whether the model can be tweaked?? the ring tones on the model are really bad..

not so 'aKaLMand' this time

p.s btw the network and voice clearity is really good and is comparable to RIM on voice clearity front.... a must buy for heavy users.

Edited by aKaLMand

p.s btw the network and voice clearity is really good and is comparable to RIM on voice clearity front.... a must buy for heavy users.

15028[/snapback]

Any link to the tariff plan and cost of model, pls!

even i just bought the phone for my factory... really good phone... basic stuff.. but clear & good basic functions.....not bad at all.. no pic of it on MTN's site... but its in the papers.. i'll try & scan a pic & post it.

15028[/snapback]

Any link to the tariff plan and cost of model, pls!

15122[/snapback]

am not sure whether the MTNL have updated the website for the offer.. but its out in most of the newspapers..

simple.. tariff.. pay 3000, opt for unlimited scheme and get a kyocera k112 instrument free

montly rental of 1200 + taxes... thats it

u get unlimited talktime..

no sms

no std-isd

limited network .. does not work in new bombay or beyond mumbra

if u compare it with a landline.. its the best..

actually not a mobile in true sense.. but anything will do for unlimted talk time.

Anam

Try 1111111 to enter service menu.

15031[/snapback]

1111111 takes me to the service menu.. but asks for the security code when i go to the programming section.. i tried 5x0 5x1 but nothing works

not mentioned in manual too

any idea whats the code??

Can the intrument be tweaked??

am not sure whether the MTNL have updated the website for the offer.. but its out in most of the newspapers..

limited network .. does not work in new bombay or beyond mumbra

if u compare it with a landline.. its the best..

actually not a mobile in true sense.. but anything will do for unlimted talk time.

Anam

15195[/snapback]

thnx dude, I got the link for the same on their Website!

Seems quite good instead of a Landline!

Tried using a VCC for STD/ISD calls on the same? Does that work?

And is there a difference in the STD/ISD call rates on VCC?

but i guess if my bill comes jus Rs. 1296/- each month, its quite a good bargain!!

can u pls post a pic of the handset soon? Wanna see how bulky it is...

can u pls post a pic of the handset soon? Wanna see how bulky it is...

15258[/snapback]

heres the pic..

Dimensions: height: 11.1 cm, width: 5.0 cm and depth: 2.6 cm

Weight: 90g

Internal antenna

Vibrate mode and 15 different ring tones

Lithium Ion battery, with 3-hour talk time or 230 hours in stand by mode

Easy and quick navigation key with four positions

LED display with contrast adjustment and capacity for 5 lines of text

Menu in Portuguese, English and Spanish

Games, calculator, alarm and chronometer

Agenda with capacity for 200 contacts, storing up to 6 telephone numbers per contact

Dual-Mode: 800 MHz (CDMA 2000 1x and CDMA IS-95) digital and analog networks

and yeah the calling card works... but its really a pain in punch in the long codes ... if u frequently make std calls...

Anyways.. am enjoying unlimited talktime..

aKaLMaNd

post-1380-1097180679_thumb.jpg

what about accesing internet?

heres the pic..

and yeah the calling card works... but its really a pain in punch in the long codes ... if u frequently make std calls...

15496[/snapback]

Looks pretty decent.. But similar TATA handsets were quite creepy. Would like to hear more from u. If u could point out any bugs. And its implications. I dont really mind if there are any bugs(nothing is perfect). But they shud all be in "permissible limits" :unsure: (shows i gave a good TOS exam!)

And is CLIP active on it? Does it store missed calls etc (Regular Garuda handsets dont)

And is CLIP active on it? Does it store missed calls etc (Regular Garuda handsets dont)
Yeah the CLIP is working fine...

has speed dial with phonebook of 100 entries

of course.. it does store missed calls,dial nos as well incoming nos

also has a timer.. allowing u know whether u have vasulofied your 1200 bucks :D

what about accesing internet?

NO Internet access is not available..

Edited by aKaLMand

yippie!! MTNL already provides a Free Calls WLL Phone. This one shud be amazing as well!!

18120[/snapback]

Where??? how?? I live in Mumbai and havent heard of such Free calls WLL phone :'(

Everyone is excited about these new offers from MTNL, Reliance, BSNL etc... But have you guys thought about one thing - Internation Bandwidth. I rarely saw it come up on this forum. Even if the ISP is providing us with say 10Mbps what use is it if he has got a choked international bandwidth? If he needs to keep up with his end of the bargain then he better have a Gigabit network(i.e. atleast 10-100GBps redundant backbones) :clap:

Linuxguy, read the post above carefully - as of now this offer is for Delhi only.

Where??? how?? I live in Mumbai and havent heard of such Free calls WLL phone

18481[/snapback]

Check up this link or call 1500 from ur MTNL Landline for details! I am not able to find the RIMweb thread where this discussion was happening. I'll keep looking for it

thts the basic thing becoz of which MTNL is still where it is!! They need some tough Marketing guys! But the babus there wont let good ppl in! :P

Btw, heres the thread that u shud read b4 u go for this connection!

Whats the defintion of Local Calls? Is it free Unlimited calls to Landlines.FWP and WLL only. Does calls to GSM (now even Tata and RIM are GSM remeber, or in other words phones with nos. starting with 9 series) considered local calls?

ALL Local Calls are FREE ! U can understand whtever u want. But its sure that Calls to GSM/WLL/Landlines are FREE !! Isn't that wonderful?

Link

i have this phone wit this scheme... the scheme is wonderfull...

i pay rs.1200 for a month & i can make unlimited calls to any landline/GSM/WLL...anything....

but unfortunately... the network s**ks...

whats the point of this scheme when u cant even get network in lots of places...

luckily where i need it to work...it catches pretty good signal..but other places..its totally screwed up. sometimes in totally open spaces..it just dis-connects itself