Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

Sprint Htc Touch Diamond

@ Yes, Dr Muffadal, I can, but there also I see only the flash memory of 256 MB and not the 4GB internal storage. Tried WM6.5 also, no help. I have read some where that connecting with Mac can help, I will locate one and then try connecting with that.

post-24797-127097823801_thumb.jpg

Edited by tarun_kabra

^^^

seems there is some damage to ur 4gb flash memory

coz nothing is detecting it

^^^

seems there is some damage to ur 4gb flash memory

coz nothing is detecting it

It seems very sad , I think I have to go for a new phone now.

How about you try this?

One last try is needed!

Source

Originally Posted by amart79196 View Post

I had this same issue and was able to find out a few things when testing to find an answer that doesn't take a DOZEN computers for it to work. I also found out that something I was did messed it up as well which was causing the internal memory to be corrupted.

First, I want to give to you the basics.

1. I have a sprint Touch DIAMOND

2. I am running Windows XP PRO SP3

3. I use the HTC MINI USB cord that came with my DIAMOND and is plugged directly into my computer, NO HUB USED.

PROBLEM:

Now, the problem all started when using the "CLEAR STORAGE" button on the phone which is located by hitting START>SETTINGS>SYSTEM TAB>CLEAR STORAGE.

Under the CLEAR STORAGE, YOU HAVE 3 OPTIONS. Only ONE of these options will NOT corrupt your phone internal memory. It is the "Clear Storage Only" which will come up first in the pull-down menu when you first go into the application.

The other options "Format internal storage only" and "Clear storage and format internal storage" will BOTH corrupt your internal memory!! DONT USE THESE!!!

SOLUTION:

So after doing some thinking about the situation, I figured that there was a problem with the internal memory getting corrupted by the OS formatting. The corruption caused the memory device/card/solid state memory access to FREEZE your computer. The best way to solve this issue, as the hard-reset DOES NOTHING to fix this issue, would be to have windows hopefully find the connected device and format it. Here are the EASY steps which DO NOT involve using a dozen computers and has provided the same result EVERY time; which is a working internal 4gig memory inside your DIAMOND.

1. Connect the diamond to the computer and select DISK DRIVE as the option on the on-screen popup on your phone. Don’t select ACTIVE SYNC. If you miss it, then go into your phone and press START>SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS TAB>USB to PC and select the bullet of DISK DRIVE and hit ok.

2. On your computer, (USING A WINDOWS XP MACHINE), go into your "CONTROL PANEL"

3. Click on "ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS"

4. Click on "COMPUTER MANAGEMENT"

5. A window for "Computer Management" will open with two columns. We are looking at the LEFT side right now. In there is has three categories, and we are only focusing on ONE of them. LOOK for STORAGE which should be the center category. Underneath the Storage will be "Disk Management".

6. Click on "Disk Management", it will take a minute or two depending on your computer speed and environment to populate your hard drive and connected memory devices.

7. You will eventually see your PHONE internal storage listed. IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME BECAUSE YOUR PHONE INTERNAL STORAGE IS CORRUPTED!

***BE SURE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT IS IN FACT YOUR PHONE AND NOTHING SOMETHING ELSE LIKE YOUR MAIN HARD DRIVE OR SOME OTHER STORAGE DEVICE WITH IMPORTANT FILES ON THERE***

****I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU FORMAT THE WRONG DEVICE***

8. After this populates, right click the phone drive letter (for me it was drive E)

9. Choose format and let it format the drive. This should also take a few minutes. Select FAT32 and name is whatever you want! Let this finish COMPLETLY!

**Your almost done**

10. I know this sounds silly, but, I actually will do a reset (HARD OR CLEAR STORAGE ONLY). Why you ask? Well, I am not 100% sure if this is totally necessary, but, I do notice that it does make a difference when I plug in the device as DISK DRIVE to the computer.

What is this difference you may ask??

The difference I see that is that after it is formatted, when you browse your internal storage, you only will see a file called "EncFiltLog".

After I do a reset (again, I have used both the hard reset of pushing the three buttons on the phone or using the GUI OS "CLEAR STORAGE ONLY") that it will show after it had been reset that same file "EncFiltLog" and a "My Documents" folder.

From what I can remember, that folder was visible when I got the diamond brand new out of the box when I would plug it in as DISK DRIVE, so, that is the reason why I do that Hard Reset.

Hope this helps you all out!!

This was taken from amart79196 on ppcgeeks.com

When I had this problem with my Diamond, this is the only thing that worked for me.

Sumit, first of all thanks a lot for searching all the stuff, though that didn't help me unfortunately. As I had already given try to the disk management option in my Win7PC but today I again tried that option in WinXP (both SP2 & SP3). It shown me messages like - Installing drivers and drivers installed successfully. In the disk management, It shows me a new drive "F" but without any media/storage as normally shown in case of an empty card reader or empty DVD drive. The only better thing with WinXP is that at least it is shown in the disk management as an empty drive, whereas in Win7 it was not.

Attaching here the screen shot of the window.

Regards

post-24797-127122059056_thumb.jpg

Could we use TV when you are on XP?

Could we use TV when you are on XP?

Sure, at any specific time? BTW in which area of Delhi are you, I can come personally if you have got some time spare.

Regards

Will pm you with time.

Sorry But I really cant meet, I am out station mostly! But If will be possible I will let you know for sure.

^^^

use teamviewer

• Like 1

Any memeber with Reliance Official Diamond able to activate EVDO. Kindly share your experience.

Will pm you with time.

Sorry But I really cant meet, I am out station mostly! But If will be possible I will let you know for sure.

Still waiting for your PM, seems you are too busy now a days :help:.

Regards

^

Actually I am not on my lappy these days.

Is there any possiblity that you could courier the phone transferring your MDN to some other phone?

That will be more easy to correct the uncorrected.

@ Sumit

Sure I will do that, thats why I asked you earlier to come personally. I had already transferred my mdn to BB Storm and Diamond is lying with me unused. Just PM me the address for courier.

Thanks.

hi there read the complete thread, i thin i should also buy diamond from sadikk, but still one question in mind, will it be a good decision?

please reply.!

if thats the price tag, I think its the best one to have, but if you can extend it a lil further, I say go for the Hero!

I am planning to buy a HTC diamond. I went through the user manual on the net. I am not clear whether we can send group sms from diamond. Also the manual says that we can send a text message of 160 characters. does it mean we cannot send an LMS from this phone. Can any one please reply. Thanks in advance.

I have bought an HTC Touch Diamond (Alltel). However I need help in installing a group SMS software and sending SMS of 160 characters. I am completely new to using Windows Mobile and hence I do not know which software and how to install it. Also if someone can help in in configuring R-WORLD, I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Its posted please search

Its very very simple 

look for a cab on ppcgeeks called sms160.

for r world you will have to search

Hi,

All wrong things happening today, after BB now my Diamond's is speaker not responding whether it is Ringtone or Music. Can someone help me restore my speaker.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Friends

Am facing some probs with my Diamond like

1. While copying my pics from handset to PC, Pics got corrupt and shows some junk file in the phones Internal Storage

2. Now, whenever, I take snaps they r not stored

3. Speaker has suddenly stopped

Can someone guide what cud be the problem. And if Hard Reset is required how can i backup my SMS.

Currently am on Sprint 6.1 ROM. Is a rom change required if yes Plz suggest a good rom.

Thanks in Advance

Raju

backup and up mighty rom 6.5... and good to go..

backup and up mighty rom 6.5... and good to go..

Thanks for your reply. But can it be brought to Stock ROM back just in case one needs it. As many a times it is difficult to come back to stock ROM. Also any specific back up utility for SMS Back up

TIA

Raju