Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

OK, So as the number of Touch Pro Users is growing, I am starting a thread dedicated to just TOUCH PRO, for all General Users. Though many Solutions will be common with HTC DIAMOND.

REMEMBER (V.IMP.) - To get data fully working, we have to delete the IOTA folder in Windows folder (if you find it, we could not) and also replace the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file inside the WINDOWS Folder (this is very essential, and is a hidden file and it will only be visible either by Total Commander or by Resco File Explorer with the setting of View Hidden File set to ON; This file WILL NOT be visible by default File Explorer) with a same name blank txt file as already detailed in the Sprint Rom topic for Mogul here - http://www.rimweb.in...showtopic=15023 and also check MIP is Simple IP and then load the Rel NetConnect and Rel MobileWorld cabs and choose them as default connnection; ONLY THEN DATA WILL WORK, otherwise it will keep reverting back to Sprint Connection.

Here's the 0 byte HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file (inside the zip file attached) that you have to replace in the Window's Folder... Just copy it and Paste in Windows Folder and overwrite the original file by this name...

OK, so now your phone is up and running but your volume is TOO LOW... here are the fix...

These are 2 cab files for fixing the volume problem, one is Medium Loud and One is Super Loud. If you want to revert to original volume you just need to uninstall the cab and reboot the phone and volume will go back to factory settings.

IMPORTANT: The cabs have to be installed to Main Memory ONLY and NOT in Storage card.!!

sir i have this htc touch pro frm sprint and i have updated its rom to mighty rom 6, and have also followed ur procedure to change the settings mentioned above ,, although i dont have any 10 digit MSID ,, as of now,, so ,, have changed it to 9999999999 now wenever i'm dialling *228 it says my phone cant be activated,, would u be kind enough to enlighten me as what to do in this case. Please help me if u may ASAP.

^

who have u purchased it from? Take the help of the person you have purchased from... because it requires many steps as already detailed in dummies guide...

^

should work; but file set would be different; go to ppcgeeks to find out...

@vishal

yes alltel , telus both will work with same file set as the hardware is same

its only verizon touch pro whose hardware is different (infact inferior )

[ I need Reliance PRL File for HTC Touch Pro, I request all to help

^

who have u purchased it from? Take the help of the person you have purchased from... because it requires many steps as already detailed in dummies guide...

Thnx for ur reply , but i hav had it delivered to me frm some acquaintances frm US, and it'll b hard to take tat persons help .. so could you please provide me with the link to dummies guide, and also to some Possible ROM's that might work on this HTC TOUCH PRO CDMA.. ? THanx a Load.

Can someone help with Google Talk for the phone? And if its on throughout, would there be a huge charge? I am in the DAPO plan...

^

use fring; its a one in all messenger incl. google talk...

fring. im+, beejive all our good. im+ and beejive would give you option to connect to more than one google or msn or yahoo, etc accounts.

Hooray.... Got my PRO today.... lovin it....

Edited by dkaile

OK, so I ran into certain hiccups while activating it... will update soon... phone now fully activated and operational...

OK, so I ran into some trouble while loading the unlockers 0.25 and 0.37; it gave me an error[284] : update error in both these exe's; so I had to use the sd cardmethod to flash them as given in ppcgeeks here - http://forum.ppcgeek...ead.php?t=61333

Download the SSPL in zip file attached at ppcgeeks. Extract this and put the exein main memory on your phone. (meaning the SSPL should not be on yourSD card.)

Then download the attached zipped up nbh under hardspl 0.25.rar (also from ppcgeeks).Extract it then transfer itto your sd card (not in any folders just onthe root of the sd card.)

click on the exe you put on your phone to open up the sspl thenitshould prompt you to push power to flash. Once the flash is doneyouare unlocked. (I think some have hit the unbootable cyclebysoftreseting too soon at this point sometimes it hangs for acoupleminutes while the bar is full but make sure it says completebefore yousoft reset) You can verify by holding power and vol downwhile pressingsoft reset. It should say cmonex if you unlocked properly.

NOTE: some users ( read ME) have reported getting stuck in an unbootable loop (notingerror messages about the flash) after this step. simply flash any rom (Iflashed the original Sprint Rom; download it from the link given) andyou should get out of this cycle. below are linkes to the dumped stockroms, I grabbed the links straight out of imcokeman'sthread so makesure you give him thanks if you use them.

link to his thread http://forum.ppcgeek...ead.php?t=42741

Now same step has to be repeated in step 18, where u might again getstuck in unbootable loop and have to reflash the original sprint rom;Also the file under hardspl 0.37.rar has to be renamed RAPHIMG.nbh andsame procedure has to be followed. Rest of the steps will remain sameas given in first post of dummies guide.

• Like 1

:previous:

and what about giving me credit for providing u with hardspl 0.37 and 0.25 in .nbh format :Equivocado:

^

No doubt man, u rock..... as always...

Ok, so here's a basic small pro vs con of Pro vs Mogul (layman version)... I am missing my Mogul already; it had so many easily accessible buttons for everything; have to get used to working without hardware buttons, so thats One Big CON...

Pros-

Less bulky than Mogul

Touch Flo is great

Display is sharper (but my father may have problem using it, as type gets too small)

Seamlessly shifted to Pro from Mogul; so WM rocks...

Camera seems better

Phone is much faster than Mogul

Additional features in OS like Call reject by sms, threaded sms choice etc. etc.

GPS is 10 times faster than Mogul; GPS really rocks on Pro; caught 8 satellites sitting INSIDE my room...

Cons-

Battery Life seems a let down; Mogul's was definately better...

It may be less bulky but doesnt seem any lighter than my Mogul; weight feels almost same...

Feels less sturdy than Mogul even though its more glossy

Back cover is also prone to scratches unlike Mogul; so will have to get it laminated

I miss the clear indicator led's in mogul; seemed more functional than the white light indicator on scroll wheel on Pro

Keyboard of Mogul is better

PS: I cant seems to understand, it connects to internet automatically after sometime, even though I have disabled automatic downloads in Weather and Quick GPS; if someone could help me what program is connecting automatically in Sprint Original Rom, would be most thankful...

Edited by dkaile

Ok, so I bought my 2nd Touch pro just now, for my dad....

Also sorted out the issue of the Pro automatically connecting to Internet; It was the RSS feeds which were enabled for automatic downloads.... pata nahin kitni saari cheeze hai isme... uff...

But I am disappointed with its battery life... though I am using it quite heavily (as its new new showk... lol) but it lasted barely a day...

u need to load a proper rom to get good battery life

How can we do that? If you can elaborate? Because the battery life really s**ks!

Also is there any way to increase the sound volume? Not of the earpiece, but the headphone.. the sound is surprisingly low!

u need to load a proper rom to get good battery life

^

Ankit, u can try using the liteboost cab file to increase the volume; its better than the full boost one...

@doc

which rom do you suggest I should go for - MR4 or MR6... and the internet connecting problem returned after I changed the connection to RelMobileworld.... any suggestions? keep on rocking doc... BTW grt work on the pre news... will shift to pre as soon as u tell me the solution...lol...

^^^

i have mentioned it a lot of times on forum which rom is best

i have htc diamond on custom rom , and diamond and pro have same battery of 1340mah

i get 2 days out of single charge , and i m a heavy user , with around 1.5-2 hrs of calls daily .

sprint rom s**ks

^^^

i have mentioned it a lot of times on forum which rom is best

i have htc diamond on custom rom , and diamond and pro have same battery of 1340mah

i get 2 days out of single charge , and i m a heavy user , with around 1.5-2 hrs of calls daily .

sprint rom s**ks

doc please tell which custom rom are you using for diamond? if its made/personalized by you then please upload it here on rimweb for us.

thanks

Edited by rahujas

^

Go to this site Deepak - http://www.lilrico.c.../mightyromblog/ and click on top your choice of device - HTC Touch Diamond, Pro or Pro2 and get the appropriate rom you wish; Start with MightyRom4 (WM 6.1) and gradually move up to MightyRom6 (WM 6.5)

Also great news - Rhodium Unlocker for GSM is out http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=550131 and for CDMA is just around the corner; so very soon Touch Pro2 on Reliance... Hoorah...

Also Pocket Express was also causing the automatic internet connection irritant; disabled it, lets see...

Edited by dkaile

Okie, the illiterate (me) has another query! Once I download the Mighty ROM, any step-by-step guide available to avoid screwing up my phone! Total novice, you see!

Also, Dhiraj, the litecab you are referring to... is it for the phone volume? You know to increase the ringtones volume, etc.? If yes, could you attach it please?

Thanks!

^

Go to this site Deepak - http://www.lilrico.c.../mightyromblog/ and click on top your choice of device - HTC Touch Diamond, Pro or Pro2 and get the appropriate rom you wish; Start with MightyRom4 (WM 6.1) and gradually move up to MightyRom6 (WM 6.5)

Also great news - Rhodium Unlocker for GSM is out http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=550131 and for CDMA is just around the corner; so very soon Touch Pro2 on Reliance... Hoorah...

Also Pocket Express was also causing the automatic internet connection irritant; disabled it, lets see...