Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

Minor Irritant in New ROM 2.01.651.6-

Now with this new rom whenever I reboot and connect to internet, it gives an irritating message of device being configured and tries to connect to, I think, sprint server and then gives error that device could not be configured for this service.

Even though the internet connects perfectly with any of the connections I have set. HTC_CM has already been killed and replaced. Tried original HTC_CM_Guardian of Reliance also; no solution;

Is there any solution to this minor irritant so that it does not say go into Device Configuration thing every time??

In the default sprint connection make another connection with RelMobWorld. Don't leave it to autopick. Select the reliance tab. Now when u connect u should get any issues. Have u retained ur SPC or changred?

It will have to be solved by registry edit somewhere... any clues anybody, let me know...

This new rom is also not allowing you select multiple sms/emails to delete or mark as read as HTC says it wants you to read all sms/email before deleting and in-built this safety feature. To revert to old sms formatting use the enclosed cab file...

LOSER\'s SMS fix.cab

dhiraj, how abt using advanced config and disabling auto gprs connect under data connections

its enabled by default

using advanced configurations in tf3d has been known to screw up certain settings in original roms...

i m not talking abt the TF3d one

I dont think this problem will be solved by advanced network as there is no problem of connecting to any of the reliance connections; its just an irritant of Device Management popup coming on first time only on internet connection through any data line (not wifi); it is not repeated henceforth till you reset your device...

@ Dkaile and All my friends

I a m also coming to TP from Tomorrow :) . So i will i update my xperience soon :SI: IT is on the way

THANKS TO ANUPE AND DHIRAJ

AT LAST NOW MY TPRO WORKING NOW I CAN CALL.FOR DATA I HAVE TO GO MORE

Okie guys... a small and silly problem, but something which has been bothering me for a long time!

I just can't send or recieve files using Bluetooth! Even though my phone can recognize the other device and vice-versa and we pair also, no files get sent!

Any settings that I need to do?

^

No extra ordinary settings needed mate; just ensure Receive all beams is ticked; and your bluetooth is on in mode and make this device is visible to other devices is ticked in BT settings; also under timeout keep setting at never for turn off visible mode; I am regularly sending files from my laptop to phone and vice versa and also to other mobiles easily. use resco explorer to send files directly once u ensured that these settings are there....

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Anyone can confirm me the Battery Model No. of Sprint Touch Pro.

its 35H00111-06H or 35H00111-08H ??

^

mine shows P/N: 35H00111 - 32M

I think the last 3 figures are inconsequential and keep on changing...

Mine shows P/N: 35H00111 - 33M

^

mine shows P/N: 35H00111 - 32M

I think the last 3 figures are inconsequential and keep on changing...

Hi

I have got my TOuch pro today late evening.. Thanks to sadik.

Playing around with it & let me share my experience in 2 days..

Hi,

Any clue what the two symbols mean in the dialer (image attached).

post-47370-125623709109_thumb.jpg

The round one is for Location Setting (on or off) and the second one is for keypad lock (on or off); the location setting determines whether local cell towers will also be used by the phone to pinpoint your location in case of an emergency for the police etc. to locate you. quite useless in India, frankly, as no such infrastructure is in place here....

Okie guys, a few queries...

1. Is TF3D the default thing that comes in HTC Touch Pro?
  2. Is TF3D better than SPB Mobile Shell? Hence should I uninstall TF3D
  3. Dhiraj, you are talking about flashing the new Sprint HTC ROM as in your signature... Is that better than Mighty Rom 6.1?
  4. My GPS is still not working :-(

^

1. Yes, on most roms, original or otherwise

2. Yes, Yes

3. Personal preference differs from person to person. I like Sprint original Roms.

4. Have you reflashed/hard reset. It will start only after that...

Pls remember, this is presuming you are on some kind of fully unlocked handset...

Edited by dkaile

i downloaded this and got the 3rd option as per the pic attached

screenshot1tr2.png

now how to make it work thru the same screen ?

idea is to use my cell as a modem say in a computer/laptop where active sync is not installed or i dont want to sync my mails etc.

HTCUSBToPCPopUp_2_0_18172128_1.cab

^

Of course, we are already using internet sharing from the programs menu to do the same job.

Now for your particular question, you will need to configure the "My ISP" connection and the inside it the "Phone as Modem" modem. Configure it with username and password that u want to set and you are good to go. Then choose Internet sharing from your above option, then your phone will start working as modem.... In our case, the only difference is that I first open internet sharing and connect to it and THEN connect the usb cable.... same work gets done...

elementary watson elementary :)

Cool, so then when you talk about different ROMS, popularly which are the ones that people prefer? I am on a handset which Sadikk provided after which I have installed Mighty ROM with help from Dr. Mudaffal.

Also, would the Sprint original ROM give me Windows 6.5? If yes, any step by step guide on how to go about it available?

^

1. Yes, on most roms, original or otherwise

2. Yes, Yes

3. Personal preference differs from person to person. I like Sprint original Roms.

4. Have you reflashed/hard reset. It will start only after that...

Pls remember, this is presuming you are on some kind of fully unlocked handset...

@nitin

I am the Sherlock here... Dear Watson..... lol... just joking...

@ankit

- No, the Sprint rom is still 6.1 and not 6.5; 6.5 version should be out soon;

- Custom Roms popularity is highly debatable and personal issue, and u will have to find the best for ur needs urself. However, Mighty is one the most poupular ones; u can start with that and progress gradually...

- I have given the link to Sprint Latest rom in post 169 of this topic.... Just download the exe file from US website (not Asian or other link), take full backup of ur data as that would be completely wiped out, active sync ur device and run the exe file and follow onscreen instructions...

• Like 1