Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

^

exactly the same place where it is in pro i.e. in Windows\Startup- use resco explorer 2008 to see it; Only put confirmed working programs here...

vaise, we put all program links in the "Windows\Start Menu\Programs" directory and quick start items in "Windows\Start Menu"

also to see hidden files do 1 thing in Resco Explorer - open Resco - Menu - Options - General - Browser - Untick all options in this menu i.e. Hide System Files, Hide Hidden Files, Hide files in rom, hide folders, hide file extensions - after this you will be able to see all files and folders....

also in Menu-options-customise- in skin - enable clear type; in list set view mode as Reports; also tick show header; in view UNTICK ALL i.e. dont enable touch scrolling; click Done...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Can anyone help with a cracked version of Agile Messenger?

Or even Mundu?

Can anyone help with a cracked version of Agile Messenger?

^

exactly the same place where it is in pro i.e. in Windows\Startup- use resco explorer 2008 to see it; Only put confirmed working programs here...

vaise, we put all program links in the "Windows\Start Menu\Programs" directory and quick start items in "Windows\Start Menu"

also to see hidden files do 1 thing in Resco Explorer - open Resco - Menu - Options - General - Browser - Untick all options in this menu i.e. Hide System Files, Hide Hidden Files, Hide files in rom, hide folders, hide file extensions - after this you will be able to see all files and folders....

also in Menu-options-customise- in skin - enable clear type; in list set view mode as Reports; also tick show header; in view UNTICK ALL i.e. dont enable touch scrolling; click Done...

thanks a ton

For outlook, it will download mail only in Rel NetConnect settings and not in Rel MobileWorld setting; In Rel NetConnect settings you will have to enter your 10 digit reliance phone no. as your username and password and you will be charged 60p/minute for downloads, irrespective of your 99 plan of internet. So disconnect this connectionn affter you download mail or you could use wi-fi to download for free...

i cud never download mails in outlook even with wifi unless i synchronize my handset with my comp ?

i hv set outlook with my rediffmailpro account and it only gets updated when i activesync it.

for my rediffmailpro account, i had to set a new account and after installing a pop3 fix from microsoft ( given to me by htc guys and already posted here in this forum ), i am able to download mails.

^ You talking about this patch nitin - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9d71b2e-d2dd-44f2-86e5-1e53aad7fb7a&displaylang=en&tm

Let us know, if this worked so we all can also install....

have u set imap on your gmail account (if u have any)?

@others

imap settings from google for wm6 devices - https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78886

yup same patch dhiraj

it works very well.

wrt gmail, i am able to recv mails using the same patch. never faced any issues.

maybe i downloaded a java file ...anyways posting all the prog's i hv installed. see if u can trace that java one.

post-14391-125232903149_thumb.jpg

post-14391-125232905107_thumb.jpg

post-14391-125232906295_thumb.jpg

post-14391-125232907961_thumb.jpg

^

well with imap, i can get the mail thats in the inbox; also i can send my mail from my gamil account; I dont use outlook BTW and am totally on gmail...

however, the issue i have is that though it has downloaded all the other folder names that i have on my gmail, but it doesnt sync the mail in those folders once I have archived them.... any help in this regards would be appreciated... it only download mails from my inbox folder...

i think i missed one pic

post-14391-125232980494_thumb.jpg

^

well with imap, i can get the mail thats in the inbox; also i can send my mail from my gamil account; I dont use outlook BTW and am totally on gmail...

however, the issue i have is that though it has downloaded all the other folder names that i have on my gmail, but it doesnt sync the mail in those folders once I have archived them.... any help in this regards would be appreciated... it only download mails from my inbox folder...

IMAP setup instructions are on the Gmail page. Sync folders by going to Menu-->Folders, then Menu-->Manage Folders and selecting what folders to sync.

see if this works

• Like 1

Thanks man, that solved the problem perfectly. Yah, I had done this a year or two back, but had forgotten this setting.... lol... as I have more than 100 folders and more than 10K mails; so I would think it prudent not to download all of them.... I tried today with 2-3 folders and mail from last 3 days only, and message download limit to 2 KB and no attachments.... and it worked perfectly....

The path is - Open Messaging - Menu - Tools - Manage Folders - and here tick all the folders you want to sync...

Thanks again nitin....

Please do this your Pros and Diamonds... Ring Response increases and rings comes in faster.... I have this setting on my Mogul and now Pro for over a year without any problem (for all those concerned that WM devices are slow in ringing) -

FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL/SPC (mine has been changed to 000000). Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). Click Edit. You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

Edited by dkaile

Thanks man, that solved the problem perfectly. Yah, I had done this a year or two back, but had forgotten this setting.... lol... as I have more than 100 folders and more than 10K mails; so I would think it prudent not to download all of them.... I tried today with 2-3 folders and mail from last 3 days only, and message download limit to 2 KB and no attachments.... and it worked perfectly....

The path is - Open Messaging - Menu - Tools - Manage Folders - and here tick all the folders you want to sync...

Thanks again nitin....

Get all text no images.

I need info to put the "STOCKS" application into the TouchFlo 3D, if someone can inform me the procedure. Its there in HTC Touch HD's TouchFlo 3D but somehow not in the Pro or Diamond. It would be helpful for all of us to keep a watch on the Indian Stock Markets.... lol... also does Mighty Rom 4 or 6 have the STOCK application? Any users may post feedback, please...

I need info to put the "STOCKS" application into the TouchFlo 3D, if someone can inform me the procedure. Its there in HTC Touch HD's TouchFlo 3D but somehow not in the Pro or Diamond. It would be helpful for all of us to keep a watch on the Indian Stock Markets.... lol... also does Mighty Rom 4 or 6 have the STOCK application? Any users may post feedback, please...

Get tiny stocks. It's the best.

Why do you need patch for gmail accounts? Setup email with an extra m after the email. Complete the setup and then you change it. This works fine with all folders available.

^

Gmail is already set up perfectly... with or without the patch... installed the patch to be doubly sure....

and NO NO u dont understand the beauty of the STOCKS application in TF3D; its beautiful... no separate program can match it, just like your iphone's stocks application... if someone could find a patch or cab to incorporate it into TF3D..... (anyways send me the tiny stocks application or its link, vishal) thanks buddy....

and NO NO u dont understand the beauty of the STOCKS application in TF3D; its beautiful... no separate program can match it, just like your iphone's stocks application... if someone could find a patch or cab to incorporate it into TF3D..... (anyways send me the tiny stocks application or its link, vishal) thanks buddy....

Many roms have it inbuilt. The one that I am currently using (SSK) has it too. Never used it though.

^

You have used Mighty too.... does it have it?

^

You have used Mighty too.... does it have it?

Nope. Dont think so.

Are you talking about this?

post-976-125241786388_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanveer

Another good thing about some of these roms is that they allow facebook contacts to be synchronized with your phone contacts and all updates and events are displayed as well. Also there is this option of uploading a pic from your mobile phone directly to facebook album. So facebook mobile has been integrated in to the ROM

^

1. Thats exactly what I am talking about, tanveer... if u could search a cab file or something to incorporate that STOCKS application inside the normal TF3D....

2. Facebook application is also there in Sprint Rom.... a brief tutorial to incorporate into our contacts as you said, would be greatly appreciated... or some Facebook Mobile Application cab file, if thats needed....

Update: Quite satisfied with battery life now on Sprint rom... no automatic data connections, lasted me 2 full days with moderate use (20calls/day; 10sms/day; 20min/wifi/day; active Sync to Google Server; 10-20 minutes daily applications usage)

heheh saw your post on ppcgeeks as well.

Dear All,

I have HTC Touch flo 3d from AT&T

Locked it yesterday and forgot the lock code.

Can anyone help???

guys,

on net, i read lot abt touch pro battery.. did any of you had this problem? especially in low network area and high voice usage. i know data will consume fast..

^

Though the battery life is slightly less than my Mogul 6800, that had a 1500maH battery in comparison to Pro's 1340maH battery, but I have been giving actual figures. I charged my battery on 07-09 @ 8am adn kept it running full with my normal usage until I got the llow battery message today i.e. 09-09 @ 12 noon. Then I charged it again. i.e. FULL 2 DAYS and 4 Hours. With heavy usage you may have to charge daily. It has 4 hour+ of Talk Time on only voice calls; thats better than My usage was approximately 20 calls a day, 20 sms/day, 20 minutes wifi/day, 20 minutes data/day, 20 minutes programs or games/day....

here's some quote on battery life from independent source -

Battery life

The battery life is actually pretty good. This phone did last almost two days before requiring a charge. I set it up to receive push-email and I read/reply fairly often. Plus, WIFI was on although I did not browse a whole lot. That basically means that you can forget to charge it once in the evening and get away with it.

Full review here - http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2008/11/sprint_htc_touch_pro_review.html