Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

More on how to make Voice Command announce Incoming Calls (this is supposed to work) (Voice Command Version is v1.6.19965 on my Pro) -

If your incoming announcements don't play, it's likely that VC is stillworking fine. You can test this by looking for this file on your deviceusing FileExplorer. Pls ensure that Announce Incoming Calls is ticked in voice command settings - Phone - Option.

My Device\Application Data\Volatile\TSCallerID.wav

Double tap the file to play it in Media Player, it should speak out thecontents of it (last caller). If this works, then you know VoiceCommander is working fine, its the phone not playing it.

As stated before, this registry edit gets announcements to work:

Edit this registry key:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category

Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

As originally stated, it works, but sounds level is low. To increase the sound level, I did this edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1\AttenutationCategory

It was originally at 3. I set it to 4 which is decent, you can go to 5, but I see no difference going louder. Using 0 or 1 will make it whisper quiet. But people have even set it to 7 and got good results, even upto 9 for super loud.

If that does not make it louder, then edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Ring\AttenutationCategory

It was at 2. Same thing, set to 4 or 5.

I didn't have to make any changes to InitVol registry settings as previous people stated.

Now the phone will speak callers name and phone type (IE, "home"), ifmy BT headset is enabled then it will spreak it over the headsetinstead.

I also like it better when "Michelle" talks a little slower, as previously stated that can be changed by editing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices \DefaultTTSRate

Mine defaulted to 4, I dropped it to 1 which is normal/slightly slow talking. I think I might bump it up to 2 at some point.

Edited by dkaile

Though I am not using this Announce Incoming Caller due to ringtone going silent after one ring on mp3 (didnt try wav file), but if someone wants only device to vibrate and say caller's name, its fantastic now with increased volume...

However, I am loving it announcing my INCOMING MESSAGES - with caller name and full message text - cool man... I have set it to on...

That becomes embarrassing at times. Especially when your recieve those dirty jokes.

^

lol.. ya tanveer... uske baare to maine socha hi nahi tha.... off karna padega...

Guys I am really getting addicted to this motion sensing default game Teeter.... another cool feature of this phone...

@muf / @tanveer

could you please upload some more favorite motion sensing games for Pro/Diamond....

Edited by dkaile

^^^

i had uploaded nfs undercover which uses accelerometer to make turns

@doc

all the applications posted by you and nitink in the diamond topic should work on pro too, I presume. Pls confirm the one's that are not compatible.... thanks...

all diamond apps are compatible with pro and vice versa

A brief review of Sprint Touch Pro which i found on CNet which nearly resounds whatever I feel as I too was upgrading from the Mogul - http://reviews.cnet....33248637-2.html

"Everything You Need in One Device!!!!!!"

by Aquil33 on November 8, 2008

Pros: Sexiness of Iphone and Windows Mobile combined

Excellent screen clarity

Weather app is amazing

TouchFLO 3D is amazing

World Card Mobile

5 row Keyboard

RAM and ROM

Every Feature you need in a device

Cons: -Battery Life could be better

-Sprint should have kept the original HTC black battery cover

Summary: I have been using PDAs since 2000 and this has to be the best product thus far, I have graduated from the HTC Mogul, Treo 700p,650,600,300, Kyocera 6035, Visor Platinum, and Handspring Visor. The HTC Touch Pro improved on the shortcomings of the HTC Mogul which were few. The VGA screen is flawless and I love the addition of TouchFlo 3D, I was able to transfer the majority of my Windows Mobile applications that I use on the Mogul. There is a transfer conflict on a few third party applications that were only made for QVGA screens, but not for my major applications. PPCGeeks can help you out on where to find the best third party apps that are TouchPro specific. I am able to use all of my 2000+ contacts, set up my calendar, use Notes and MS Office, get business email, msn email, and custom domain email; use as a modem for my laptop, watch youtube, play music while I workout with BT headphones, take 3.2 megapixel pictures and videos with a flash, use 3D Free GPS with Sprint Navigation, Read my bible in 4 different versions (laridian.com), watch TV, go to all my favorite websites in a great view with Opera 9.5, WiFi is great but I don't use it, and I save everything on my 8GB microSDHC card that I used on the Mogul. If you are upgrading from an older Windows Mobile Pocket PC device all you have to do is save your information with SPB backup 2.0 on a microSD card and then restore your information on the TouchPro. With the application, WORLD CARD MOBILE you can take the picture of a business card and save it into your contacts, Amazing!!! If you are really looking for a powerful PDA that does it all, no need to look anywhere else, I have played with all the other toys that are out there and I know their specs and limitations, The HTC TouchPro has none.

I would like to add - beautiful motion sensor, WiFi I use very much and its great, great TV Out feature (I have used it), Fantastic Voice Commands, Ease of putting custom roms like Mighty which are highly stable and provide better battery life, syncing all my data on a click of a button to google server (gmail).....

Edited by dkaile

never go on CNET reviews

they are very very biased , and most of their reviews are paid reviews

I agree with the above review fully.... and dont feel its biased...phone usage varies from person to person.... whatever I am at ease with, the other person might not be.... so its in my view ONLY...

Edited by dkaile

Try using RelMobileWorld without proxy; it can work...

I need help for cdma touch pro data settings, i have a having voice activated, but dails #777 as modem for internet expl/opera, pl suggest how to config internet/data on Htc touch pro, i installed/replace yr gaurdian file also, like your many threads will you suggest where i can find the settings, thanks in advance, installed Mighty4 Rom already

posted at many places... see my signature and go to sprint mogul latest rom topic, post 86 - http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15023&st=85; follow from step 5 to step 16 in the first quote.... step by step..... and let me know errors if any... dont load HP_GPS.cab;

This week I brought a “Sprint-HTC Touch Pro” ( Factory Refurbished ),( from a local guy i Know, here in Hyderabad , he’s a PDA Store Owner, who is quite famous here for PDAs & who indeed got it from a person from USA) The Phone is Factory Refurbished piece & after I got it, I had to do Everything right from scratch as per the post in Mobile-file.com ….. that same….. 34 +… step process .( changing Radios & so on ) & also the next Process as mentioned by your post here…. for changing EPST Settings & I should thank you very much as i got the phone working after your EPST Settings. even the Reliance Net Connect is working fine

I have Two Issues Now …PLEASE HELP !

1. Internet Sharing is not working …pls guide me what shoud I do.

2. Next main important issue is GPS …. Not working

What All I have Done to make the GPS work but … still its Quite .: sequence of action is as follows

1. I have enabled in the Phone …Services … Locations Settings ( refreshed )

2. Settings… External GPS…..Com 4 enabled… 4800baud… Access Manage GPS Automatically

3. Have Run the “All Setings” CAB

4. Installed the Destinator & Replaced the Destcore.dll & copy pasted the MAP one India into Destinator folder ( the destinator automatically got installed in the phone memory ..didnt ask for option to select the location )any way installed successfully

5. Then turned On the GPS but No signal ( tried in Open sky )

6. Then in settings of Destinator … GPS signal I con .. All settings done & Port 4 ..NEMA & then tried search Signal .. but unusually the Port number automatically changed to 7..8..9..& came to port 4 & stopped …saying no GPS signal..

7.------(Wifi ON)loaded the Latest Google Maps & then selected "Use GPS" ( also in settings of google maps...set to "let Windows MaAnage GPS )

Then the application said Initialising GPS...for few seconds...but of no use it didnot locate

8. I thought the GPS is not active on All Settings .Cab file.. So….. I had also Run the 4 individual files from “Enable GPS folder” …( 2 CAB files + 2 CPF Files ) reset phone & system notifications came about changed settings due to above 2 CPF files

9. Then in morning again tried to locate the GPS … but No way…

10. Now again tried with Google maps ...but this time on opening the application it said "GPS Connection Error" (wifi ON)

I am sorry to make you read all this stuff.. but cant avoide explaining what I did to be clear enough… Please help

Is there any thing else I need to do with the CDMA work Shop (or ) QPST

Because when I connected to QPST it gave problems in Connecting & asked modem type unknown & select any Base Model… when selected ist base model it didn’t show any GPSONE tab…like in Sprint Mogul connected to QPST on the top tabs in QPST WINDOW ….

I don’t know is Touch Pro is compatible with QPST ..any way Please helpin Activating GPS

Thanks for sparing time to read this ….Thanks for your Early Help

^

1. Internet sharing will work after you update the My ISP connection and edit the Phone as Modem (modem) by adding your 10 digit reliance no. as username and password.

2. Now I dont know what u have to done to GPS. You are on original rom also as u tell me. whose name should be - Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.4_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1.53_0909_PRL60613_Ship.exe

-did u update radio to some other one before this, u should try to update sprint original radio 1.03.15F that I have posted separately also?

- U dont need to use qpst at all as gps is enabled by default. also no settings have to be messed up here unlike mogul. also no HP_Gps.cab has to be installed. U had to run only - HP_Rel_MobileWorld.cab, HP_Rel_NetConnect.cab, Reliance3.sa.CAB and finally the HP_Rel_Settings.cab (and this also only if u want reliance settings like call forwarding etc.) which I have done.

-

Only latest version of QPST works, not the old version of Mogul. The latest version (QPST_v2.7_Build_301.zip) I have posted in that Topic in techie enclave. but I did not use it nor felt any need for it as no GPSone settings need to enabled in Pro but u may use the new version and see, because as it is refurbished piece, maybe they might be disabled.

- Dont install destinator, try using gps on latest version of google maps first.

- I dont know what cpf files u are talking about...

- Try reflashing your phone with the original sprint rom, after checking GPSOne tab with the latest version of QPST that I have mentioned. If it is enabled, and even after reflashing rom and following above steps to remove HTC_CM_Guardian File and installing the 4 cab files that I have said, your GPS does not work, then it might be a hardware issue with your refurbished set. Just dont change any default settings in original rom, and let windows manage gps on its own. dont install any other cab file other than I have stated. My GPS is workin perfect even indoors and catches 8-9 satellites indoor specially on wifi.

Thankyou Dhiraj Ji

As Suggested I have again Flashed the Device with Original Sprint ROM (I was already on the Sprint Radio 1.03.15F posted by you.)Then just Loaded the three Reliance settings cab files, Replaced the HTC Guardian File.

Loaded the Latest Google Maps ... Thats it My HTC Touch PRO is working Seamlessly on GPS & Reliance Net & even on Internet sharing :clap: , That means the GPS Settings are ready to use in HTC Touch Pro you need not messup running other cab files...

Thanks Again

..So I can now Load Destinator .. or is any other better (MAP updated) GSP Applications with Voice Commands & that works on Preloaded Maps

Edited by satishdave

The Face Down Feature for ringer off on reciving a call .. i.e.,Phone going to silent mode when you face it down when you dont want to take the call works perfectly with Original Sprint Rom without installing Gsen.cab in Touch pro

^

yes satish, u will soon discover many many more features..... u can load destinator now if u want or also some programs have been posted by mufaddal on the finding your way topic which I think are better than destinator, though I havnt tried them and am happy with destinator with one india maps... u can try them also...

• Like 2

Disable SMS Sent Notification: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings] Set SMSNoSentMsg to 1 from 0

To get Delivery Notification : First install HP_Rel_Settings.cab (pls download from sprint rom topic); This will also give you all Reliance Settings like for Call Forwarding, Call Waiting etc.; Reboot; Then go to Messaging-Menu-Options-Text Messages-Tick Request delivery notifications

Revert to Original HTC Touch FLO 3D

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Download this (it's the newest version of manila):

http://rapidshare.co....anila.rar.html

Unzip, make sure you have your folder options set to show system files and copy/paste everything into the Windows/ directory on your device. This will change your TF3D to the original HTC version (1.2.35348.2_1813.6) This will, however, get rid of sprint music and sprint tv tab

worked for me. New manila>old manila

this is AWESOME...I just unloaded tf3d, copied the files into the windows folder, soft reset, then turned on tf3d and it is so FAST...the slider has never been this fast on my tp or on my prior diamond even with the juicy rom on it...

and whatever program that says start that shows up in the running programs, I just excluded it so I don't see it and you would never know the difference...sweet man

Old school word correction (Mogul Type) T9 s**ks; T9 s**ks T9 s**ks BIG TIME....:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\e0010409]

"Ime File"="\windows\compime.dll" from \windows\eT9ime.dll

"Layout Text"="COMP IME" from eT9 IME

use this and then go into settings input and enable auto correction and perform a soft reset

For those that hate the annoying/ laggy stock T9 word correction. You can revert to using the one most of us are familiar with from the Mogul etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable/Disable mute call when phone is flipped over - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE] Set FaceDownMuteRing=1 to enable, or =0 to disable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disable Start-up sound or change it:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\

rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other target to switch and leave blank to disable

Re: Remove "Sprint Music Store" banner in Touch Pro

i went into the file using total commander and made the edits and it worked perfectly. just remember to do a soft reset so the changes take effect.

here are the steps i used for this:

1) open total commander (or other file editing program) and go to the windows folder

2) scroll down and locate the file "26948339_manila", highlight it and select "edit" from the file menu

3) scroll down within the file until you locate the line that says:

<Page Order="5" Name="music.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[iDS_MUSICTITLE]]" ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac">

(note that on the XDA site, the code says "Page Order "4"....")

4) delete this part of the code only: ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac"

(make sure that this is the only thing you delete)

5) select "save" under the file menu, exit the program and soft reset...that should do it.

Quote: Originally Posted : Need some help. Cant seem to figure out how to rename the "sprint music" tab to just Music. I see it was done on the diamond (per xda) editing a manilla file. Anyone know which file it is on the TP? edit 090661f7_manilla, use notepad to do it and then use Resco Explorer or simular to send it back into the \windows folder.

Easy way to fix is look for "Sprint Music" and delete Sprint and you're done. This is the same way I change Mail to E-Mail and Music to DhirajKaile's Music icon_biggrin.gif

Increase TouchFlo's sensitivity, so you don't have to push as hard to scroll. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings] increase FingerPressure. Default is 16. I am having good luck on 128, I may raise it higher. Higher = more sensitive, lower = less sensitive.

Use Camera LED as Flashlight (Torch) - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=422367or use http://www.nuerom.co...e/nueLight.aspx

Grayed out LED notification options fix

The option to flash LED on a new text message, email, voicemail and missed call is grayed out and disabled in the Sounds and Notifications Settings.

Here's a Fix:

You can change the following registry settings:

Text message LED:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

AvailableOptions change from 11 to 0

Email LED

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Voicemail LED

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Missed Call LED

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D660-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

Okie... stupid question again.. But how do I edit the registry!

Disable SMS Sent Notification: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings] Set SMSNoSentMsg to 1 from 0

To get Delivery Notification : First install HP_Rel_Settings.cab (pls download from sprint rom topic); This will also give you all Reliance Settings like for Call Forwarding, Call Waiting etc.; Reboot; Then go to Messaging-Menu-Options-Text Messages-Tick Request delivery notifications

Revert to Original HTC Touch FLO 3D

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Download this (it's the newest version of manila):

http://rapidshare.co....anila.rar.html

Unzip, make sure you have your folder options set to show system files and copy/paste everything into the Windows/ directory on your device. This will change your TF3D to the original HTC version (1.2.35348.2_1813.6) This will, however, get rid of sprint music and sprint tv tab

worked for me. New manila>old manila

this is AWESOME...I just unloaded tf3d, copied the files into the windows folder, soft reset, then turned on tf3d and it is so FAST...the slider has never been this fast on my tp or on my prior diamond even with the juicy rom on it...

and whatever program that says start that shows up in the running programs, I just excluded it so I don't see it and you would never know the difference...sweet man

Old school word correction (Mogul Type):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\e0010409]

"Ime File"="\windows\compime.dll" from \windows\eT9ime.dll

"Layout Text"="COMP IME" from eT9 IME

use this and then go into settings input and enable auto correction and perform a soft reset

For those that hate the annoying/ laggy stock T9 word correction. You can revert to using the one most of us are familiar with from the Mogul etc.

Enable/Disable mute call when phone is flipped over - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE] Set FaceDownMuteRing=1 to enable, or =0 to disable

Disable Start-up sound or change it:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\

rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other target to switch and leave blank to disable

Re: Remove "Sprint Music Store" banner in Touch Pro

i went into the file using total commander and made the edits and it worked perfectly. just remember to do a soft reset so the changes take effect.

here are the steps i used for this:

1) open total commander (or other file editing program) and go to the windows folder

2) scroll down and locate the file "26948339_manila", highlight it and select "edit" from the file menu

3) scroll down within the file until you locate the line that says:

<Page Order="5" Name="music.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[iDS_MUSICTITLE]]" ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac">

(note that on the XDA site, the code says "Page Order "4"....")

4) delete this part of the code only: ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac"

(make sure that this is the only thing you delete)

5) select "save" under the file menu, exit the program and soft reset...that should do it.

Quote: Originally Posted : Need some help. Cant seem to figure out how to rename the "sprint music" tab to just Music. I see it was done on the diamond (per xda) editing a manilla file. Anyone know which file it is on the TP? edit 090661f7_manilla, use notepad to do it and then use Resco Explorer or simular to send it back into the \windows folder.

Easy way to fix is look for "Sprint Music" and delete Sprint and you're done. This is the same way I change Mail to E-Mail and Music to DhirajKaile's Music icon_biggrin.gif

Increase TouchFlo's sensitivity, so you don't have to push as hard to scroll. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings] increase FingerPressure. Default is 16. I am having good luck on 128, I may raise it higher. Higher = more sensitive, lower = less sensitive.

Use Camera LED as Flashlight (Torch) - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=422367or use http://www.nuerom.co...e/nueLight.aspx

Grayed out LED notification options fix

The option to flash LED on a new text message, email, voicemail and missed call is grayed out and disabled in the Sounds and Notifications Settings.

Here's a Fix:

You can change the following registry settings:

Text message LED:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Email LED

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Voicemail LED

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Missed Call LED

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D660-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Resco Explorer 2008, registry addin and Solving Program attached; also attached HP_Rel_Settings.cab and other reliance cabs....

For Resco-

First install Resco Explorer2008 v7.00 (RescoExplorerEn_p.ARM.CAB); then registryEn_p.ARM.cab; then reboot; then solve according to your device name and enter code in Menu-options-registration

HP_Rel_Settings.cab

HP_Rel_MobileWorld.cab

HP_Rel_NetConnect.cab

Reliance3.sa.CAB

RescoExplorerEn_p.ARM.CAB

RegistryEn_p.ARM.CAB

Resco.KG.rar

• Like 1

dhiraj, any idea where to find .\Windows\Startup directory in diamond ?

i need to drop a file there. (Ariel Battery Monitor)