Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raccoon

Lg Rd 2030 Handsfree Problem

I'v been having a problem with my RD2030 handsfree for the last month or two - whenever I'm using it, the person at the other end complains of a near constant irritating noise (goes like - 'tak tak tak tak'...). There does not seem to be any problem with the audio at my end. And it happens only when I'm using the handsfree.

LG service centre here has changed my handsfree twice, and yet the problem persists! But now perhaps with a difference - whenever I blow into the handsfree mic, the noise stops!!! ^_^ But then starts again after some time! Wierd!!! :P So it certainly seems to be a handsfree only problem ...and (hopefully) nothing wrong with the phone itself. But how come the replaced handsfree kits have the same problem???

Any comments/advice/suggestions guys? :help: I'm sick and tired of repeated trips to the ASC, and its far for me...

Edited by raccoon

apply drop of any engine oil to ur handsfree, and try it. Wierd but will work surely :P

munnamobile to which part one need to apply oil ???

I don't think applying that to the jack pins atleast is advisable as it will result in improper electrical contact.

I thought the problem cud be due to a loose contact occuring because of accumulation of dirt/plastic insulation particles in the phone's handsfree socket (which are produced by damage caused by repeated plugging/unplugging of the jack).

apply drop of any engine oil to ur handsfree, and try it. Wierd but will work surely :)

15823[/snapback]

Amazing idea! :D I should try it sometime if all else fails ...wierd solutions can work with RIM stuff often... :lol:

thought the problem cud be due to a loose contact occuring because of accumulation of dirt/plastic insulation particles in the phone's handsfree socket (which are produced by damage caused by repeated plugging/unplugging of the jack).

Code, thats very, very unlikely, as my cell is in mint condition, with the small cover on the handsfree socket intact; and also my cell is always in a removable plastic cover when outdoors. And I don't really use the handsfree outdoors either ...and indoors too always in a pouch when not in use.

Besides it dosen't explain how the noise at the other end stops when I huff & puff into the mic!!! :rolleyes:

buy a new handsfree wire. its pretty cheap on baazee.com

its definately the problem with the MIC of the handsfree. it would be less of a hassel to just go buy a new one.

Hyper, my handset is still within warranty! So why should I go and buy a "non OEM" product from elsewhere???

Raccoon, first make sure whether the problem is with the handset or with the handsfree.since you have changed it 2 times, i think it may be the trouble with handset.improper contacts inside the pcb. ask the service centre guy to have a closer look as it is inside warranty. :)

i totally agree, BUT u must have already spent more money on convienence to go up & down to the service centre. it would have saved u money & u would have had peace of mind as u would not fight with them, BUT u would also know u were cheapted.

this is something that everone must decided for onesself.

Hi Raccoon,

I tried to stimulate the problem you are having using my 2030 phone and a spare handsfree I had bought but no success at all.

Looking at the description you have given, I feel it may be handset problem and not handsfree. Since LG guys haven't changed your handset, the best way to determine whether it's handset problem or not would be to do some tests as follows if you are able to get hold of someone having 2030 handset and working handsfree:

1) Try your handsfree with other 2030 phone.

2) Try your phone with other working handsfree.

3) Take a look at settings of both phones - particularly voice privacy & clear voice settings and see if it makes any difference.

Next options would be to get LG guys change your handset firmware or replace the handset itself since it's under warranty.

Lets hope to get your problem sorted out soon.

Regards

UD

Hey guys, thanks a whole lot for all those inputs. :unsure:

I just dont feel inclined to buy a non-original component; not at least while my stuff is still in warranty. Yes, going to ASC is a big hassle, but I guess I'll have to try that again.

I'm not so sure that its a handset problem ...if so, then how would just blowing into the handsfree mic make the noise go away??? Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to try my handset with another handsfree and vice versa, as only one friend of mine has a Reliance ...and is way too far. So thats not an uption... :( Else would have done that 1st thing! Anway, I guess I'll try changing the clear voice option to "Off" (I'd left it "On", though Reliance advices to keep it off ....but I didn't see any difference on my handset), as you suggest, Umeshd. :quest: And btw, my firmware is the latest verson too.

And one more thing - the intensity of the noise on the current handsfree is definitely lower than the previous handsfree ...also its not continious like before (and goes away by blowing too, lol). So I'd again be inclined to think its a handsfree problem...

My warranty gets over this month ...just hope I can get it fixed before that...