Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandanbs

Are You Really Getting 3.1 Mbps Download Speed ?

Hi folks,

For the past few weeks i have been seeing sudden drop in download speeds. I used to get up to 340 K Bytes per second of download speed. Now, its maxed out at around 105 K bytes per second.

I live in Bangalore, certainly its raining more these days :Decepcionado: but still during earlier rainy days, my download speeds were much better.

Have you been noticing this also? Please let me know. I will file a complaint soon.

Thanks in advance.

I am not seeing a drop in speed here and it hovers around 250 kB/sec which I have been getting earlier. I will be able to check it in Bangalore when I am there during this weekend and let you know.

Edited by Arun
Corrected kB/sec

Either it rain or not, it dont effect BTS at all.

Infact in rainy season, BTS works better, as the temperature insisde it gets cold hence better performance.

Speeds depends upon the no of users connected to single BTS at a particular time.

So speed can not be same at all time all day.

If the speed is arround 250 kbps, why pay such high plan charges ? You get similar and at times better speed on BSNL EVDO. I think, reliance must atleast give 1 mbps then only these high charges justify.

@Arun

I am not seeing a drop in speed here and it hovers around 250 Kb/sec which I have been getting earlier. I will be able to check it in Bangalore when I am there during this weekend and let you know.

I think this is a typo error, 250KB/sec I think so..

Please confirm.

Thanks folks.

Yes i have a severe dip in my download speeds.

And one strange thing i observed just now is : i was using it between 9 to 10 pm today and speed was great ..hovering around 280-300 KBps and i had a torrent getting downloaded at 160 KBPS constant speed. Because of this crazy offpeak and onpeak restrictions on my connection, i switched off and switched on the modem after 10 pm and resumed these downloads. Now, my download speed is not going >50 KBPs, and its 45 minutes passed, speed is abyssimally low.

I dont know whats going on :NOTriste:

Arun, can you please try this weird behaviour also?

Mayb you are on unlimited/night unlimited download plan.

Speed cap is usually applied on Unlimited data plan.

@Arun

I am not seeing a drop in speed here and it hovers around 250 Kb/sec which I have been getting earlier. I will be able to check it in Bangalore when I am there during this weekend and let you know.

I think this is a typo error, 250KB/sec I think so..

Please confirm.

Yeah sorry, it should have been kB/sec

I could not check when traveling but I checked it from Bangalore (JP Nagar area) and speed was normal around 2 mbps in a closed room.

@chandanbs: At what time are you noticing the dip in speed so that I can try at that time?

post-1-125100927439_thumb.gif