Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Features & Bugs for Lg 7230

Please enlist the features in 7230 over here. i am planning to upgrade to it. if possible pls attach the instruction manual

yeah saurav help me too, i am also thinking on the same lines since all the efforts to get GTRAN working well have failed miserably. I am having a tought time deciding between LG and Samsung color handsets. Also since they have reduced the rates i think they will be introducing new handsets soon, so we might again fall in their traps as we did when GTRAn was offered at a favorable price.

Yes a new LG handset worth Rs 20,000/- is ready for launch in next 2 days. Acc to me 7230 is best option. new as well as samsung do not have full support to rworld. moreover 7230 has already been tested by many. can u pls tell me procedure to upgrade.

Can anyone tell me the contents of the 7230 package? I mean to ask number of batteries and other accessories in the package like travel charger desktop charger data cable etc.

I have suffering a lot by purchasing GTran therefore before opting to LG 7230 I want to get all my doubts clear. Pls intimate me any bugs in handset. Please.

Edited by Saurav

The RD7230 comes with two bateries, a usb data cable and a cd. and a travel charger. The hand set has been a good experience in the last one month. The camera is prety decent. 640x480 340x240 48x80 160x120 are the take pic options of which 60x480 has no zoom. In day light the pic is decent.You can shoot quite a few movies at 120x120 at 3 different fame rates and zoom. The display is great . Its has a rich color. personaly i think better than the samsung. as far as i know the Rd7230 supports all r world features. and if i m not wrong the only one that supports voice rings. The pc sync software helps u update ur phone book and add new themes and retrieve the pics and movies u shoot. cant seem to make it do anything else as of now.

well i guess.. this is it.. cant think of anythings else.. im not good at reviews.. COME on pros.. out here.. .. let see some english on the RD7230

:o

Hey zombie, RD7130 supports voice rings for ur info ;)

as far as i know, it cant be used for any damn thing except sending & receiving Contacts from other LG phones.

Its a total waste of an IR port.

U can't even beam photos and videos? Then it's an absolute waste. May be 7230 users can request LG that option in a s/w upgrade coz it simply needs s/w to do it.

Can anyone provide me a link to download PC Sync for LG 7230? I want to have look at the various features which I can manage using PC?

Saurav, Check at lgmobiles.com

For 7230 no downloads at lgmobiles.com

u have to donload for 7230 & rename the dll file. same software works for almost all LG phones actually.

Is the name of caller visible on sub LCD of 7230?

Can anyone provide me a link to download PC Sync for LG 7230? I want to have look at the various features which I can manage using PC?

16205[/snapback]

U can sync,

Photos, Video (u can only upload to PC)

Sync phone book with groups, Avatar and speed-dial

Sunc Wall paper theme with PC.

change ringtones with bitpim.

Some tips..

If u already set a speed dial for someone u can also speed sms to him.

e.g press speed dial key (25) and then press sms shortcut key(Down Key).

In Rd7230 u can save 10 custom ringtones and 20 wallpapers (10 form R-World and 10 from your photo album ) and 2 user wall paper theme(from that 1 theme u can sync with pc and another automatically generate form your photos saved as wallpaper) and 3 built-in themes.

R-Greeting sofware is buggy it can't save 10 wall paper but MMS software can save 10 photos.

niket, which software r u using to sync ur 7230 with ur comp?

16385[/snapback]

LG LinkStarter (For Photos , Movie , Theme , Speed Dial , Sms and Avatars )

LG SyncLite (For PhoneBook Sync with Groups)

Bitpim (For ringtones)

how to upload ringtones from pc to 7230? the pcsync melody option is not responding from lglinker

16390[/snapback]

See this topic,

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1178

where can i download link starter?

16443[/snapback]

It is on CD which came with your phone (Box packed)

i did not get any cd with my lg rd7230..i wought it from a WW under pre-paid scheme. how do i get it then?

I hv heard tht software upgrade for 7230 is avaialble at ASC. SMS problem has been solved in newer version.