Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Lost Icici Debit Card

I lost my ICICI debit card after completing my last transaction on 9th october. Now yesterday when I went to withdraw money from ATM at Mira rd, I realize I lost my ATM debit card after completing my last transaction and may have left over there only. Now guys the guy who took my card has done many purchases and swiped off my card on 17th and 18th october. Now I need an FIR to submit it to the debit card operations of ICICI bank for investigation. So I went to Mira Rd Kanakya Police stn in Mumbai and they told me to provide them written application. Can any 1 help me with this written application as I don know what should I mention and never written any sort of such thing in my entire life. I have lost 10k from my account in past 2 days and really worried. So guys if u could help me out in writing a written application and let me know if anytime this incident has happened to you and what you all did in order to recover your money.

the first thing that you should have done is call up the customer care and block the card. thats the first step whenever a card (debit or credit) is lost. have you blocked the card yet?

Now you can write a letter addressed to the concerned SHO stating that you have misplaced your Card at .......... ATM on ...... date at around ..... time. Also request him that in case the same is found it may be returned to you. Make sure you write it in duplicate and get it receipted at the Police Station along with receipt no.

Edited by commonman

I went to Kanakya police station in Mira road today and submitted my application along with the details of the money that has been lost from my account and also the addresses from where the shopping has been done. But still the cops told me they need now affidavit for the missing debit card. I told them that I need an FIR but they are not giving. I don know y. If some 1 over here knows any cop in Mira Road police station or has any good contact with any of the senior cops then can you please help me out as I am in need of FIR which I have to submit it to ICICI bank for further investigation.

I also came to know from hallmark that the person who robbed my money is 5ft 8 inches dark and looks like a southindian and purchased watch and many other household show pieces from their store. My cell num is 9820672931. Guys if any 1 of u who can help me out in getting an FIR let me know plz.

The Station Head Officer should take up your complaint. You can also submit a complaint copy to the concerned Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) if they still insist for affidavit.

I have got the person's cell contact number from one of the shops where he did shopping and it starts with 998******* Could u let me know which brand co starts with 998 vodafone, airtel, bpl or any other. PLease guys can u help me out

You will need atleast the first 5 digits to know that

Thanks I have got his full cell number of 10 digits. I did not post it on the site for security reasons. If any 1 can help me locate his address in Mumbai, then just give me a call and I will give u his number so that u can track his address

I went to Kanakya police station in Mira road today and submitted my application along with the details of the money that has been lost from my account and also the addresses from where the shopping has been done. But still the cops told me they need now affidavit for the missing debit card. I told them that I need an FIR but they are not giving. I don know y. If some 1 over here knows any cop in Mira Road police station or has any good contact with any of the senior cops then can you please help me out as I am in need of FIR which I have to submit it to ICICI bank for further investigation.

I also came to know from hallmark that the person who robbed my money is 5ft 8 inches dark and looks like a southindian and purchased watch and many other household show pieces from their store. My cell num is 9820672931. Guys if any 1 of u who can help me out in getting an FIR let me know plz.

Well, all you needed for the Bank was a simple loss of card FIR. But you had also linked the loss of money and unauthorised purchase in your application. So that became an FIR for theft rather than a simple loss of card. Any theft reported has to be lodged as a case in the case-diary and treated as a pending case by the SHO till it is solved.

No wonder they are reluctant to accept the application.

Common man just want to ask 1 thing. I lost my card on 9th oct and realize abt it on 17th October when i went to withdraw the money into ATM. So the purchases made on 17th & 18th oct by that person who took away my debit card after i left that on 9th in the atm would that still be counted as a simple loss of debit card or something more then that.

@chandannasta: Hope you get your money back soon. Pls take care from next time onwards. All the best for your case. I can't be of an useful help in this case, but my good wishes are with you.

So when swiping the debit card for purchases, is the PIN irrelevant? Can you use any PIN no to complete the transaction? I am asking this because once I entered wrong PIN by error but the transaction went through without any problem.

So when swiping the debit card for purchases, is the PIN irrelevant? Can you use any PIN no to complete the transaction? I am asking this because once I entered wrong PIN by error but the transaction went through without any problem.

No u don rfequire any pin to make any purchases from debit card. The only thing is if u make an online transaction then u should remember yr transaction password

From my past experience with a stolen debit card of ICICI I can tell you that I never recovered the money. Actually it was my sister's DC and she had got to someone's place during a pre-marriage function. She had kept her purse in a room during the mehendi. Someone stole her card and instantly made purchases the same day. My sister started to get purchase alerts on her cell phone and checked her purse and the card was missing. She called up the bank and cancelled the debit card, lodged FIR and followed up with ICICI for several months - the whole nine yards - to reverse the charges. Ultimately they never did.

Better luck to you. Since you already have the telephone number, may be you have a better chance of catching the person.

I have got his contact number. The Hallmark shop most of the members knows his face. I even got the autorickshaw fellow who picked him up from which spot and dropped him at which place. I have investigated myself on this in past 2 days a lot. Now I checked through the link provided in this forum that the number which I have is an airtel number.

Now if any 1 of u could let me know how can I check the address of a certain airtel contact number?

@chandan nasta,

Good Luck to you, but going by the experiences of many people who have had the same misfortune as you, it seems an uphill task. All the best, brother... Atleast, wisened by this experience, you will take adequate care in future.

However, I feel that you can file a police complaint with the phone / mobile number of the thief, so as to get a better chance at recovering your money... Maybe you will have to seek some legal help...

Shows how important it is to activate SMS alerts.

The police are always reluctant to accept theft cases when there is very little chance of getting a lead. However, if you quote the phone number and also get the shop-people and the auto fellow as your witnesses, you might stand a better chance with the police.

Best of luck.

I doubt u got his real mobile number though.. still we can give it a try.. sms me his mobile number..

for FIR ill speak to someone i know in MIRA Road.. as got flat in Kanakia.. Jangid Enclave.. So i know Jangid builders son.. but ill see if its fine to ask him this favor... u can try pushing 100 bucks green to some hawaldar.. and get ur work done.. waise i am against this but u seems helpless so suggesting this.. "wo khate hai, kyu ki hum khilate hai" ab khilana band pilana shuru.. Har subah sirf utho mat.. jaago.... :)

Gimme call today after 2 PM :) .. lets bust this chor... :D

• Like 1

:previous:

Good going, Sadikk!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Common man just want to ask 1 thing. I lost my card on 9th oct and realize abt it on 17th October when i went to withdraw the money into ATM. So the purchases made on 17th & 18th oct by that person who took away my debit card after i left that on 9th in the atm would that still be counted as a simple loss of debit card or something more then that.

The shop keeper will have a card payment copy in which the card holder has to sign. please try finding that receipt and check the signature.. those things will help u in getting money back from the guy who misused ur card. its also a forgery.. all the best..

I doubt u got his real mobile number though.. still we can give it a try.. sms me his mobile number..

for FIR ill speak to someone i know in MIRA Road.. as got flat in Kanakia.. Jangid Enclave.. So i know Jangid builders son.. but ill see if its fine to ask him this favor... u can try pushing 100 bucks green to some hawaldar.. and get ur work done.. waise i am against this but u seems helpless so suggesting this.. "wo khate hai, kyu ki hum khilate hai" ab khilana band pilana shuru.. Har subah sirf utho mat.. jaago.... :)

Gimme call today after 2 PM :) .. lets bust this chor... :D

Sorry Sadik bhai I check the net in the night as I work in night shifts from 5.30 pm to 2.30 am. So after I come home at 3.30 am I check my emails and the forums in 1 hr. So I just checked now and will give u a buzz by tomarrow 2 pm. I am also going to take affidavit tomarrow to the cops and let them know but just scared. Will they give me my money back after recovering from that guy or not? Just thinking abt that if yes then how much they will take from 10,317 and how much they would give me.

The shop keeper will have a card payment copy in which the card holder has to sign. please try finding that receipt and check the signature.. those things will help u in getting money back from the guy who misused ur card. its also a forgery.. all the best..

I have taken the bills from most of the big shops where shoppings that he made in hallmark and bhagyashree jewellers. Also I spoke to the 2 wine shops mirage and sameer which are located in Mira rd where he was sitting inside the bar for 2-3 hrs to drink. The waiter also remembers his face and all the bills which have been collected are all having the same signature. I think from my side I have finish my investigation which was cops work but I had to do. Now its their turn and ICICI bank's turn since I have his contact number. Also if ICICI bank can show the person's face who visited their ATM to the hallmark and waiter then I think that 101% I will recover my money. The bank has told me to wait till 16th November since their investigation team are working on it. For me it took 2 days to complete my investigation. Let's see what will ICICI bank do till 16th November. I have kept my fingers crossed and waiting for a positive response from ICICI bank. I trust the bank a lot and I know that they are not going to let its customer's down.

Any updates ??