Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ani_meher

Which Credit Card To Go For?

I have an Amex card too but that is because of the company I work for and it is billed to my company. I never thought to mention that as reference in the application. I would do that in future.

I want to have the Kotak card for the privileges it provides for movie etc. This is not in visa signature card.

kotak is closing movie benefits w.e.f 20 sep

now will be applicable only if monthly billing is more than 5k

will be changing this too in near future.........

^^ thats really a bad news.

Initially HSBC provided movie ticket benefits on Inox on every Thursdays. They too have stopped long back.

However, I hope the 10% discount on dining will stay to keep the card attractive.

^^^

HSBC is still providing movie benefits on Platinum card

I have had StanChart cards for a very long time (15+ years) - but then I have been their customer (originally Grindlays) since 1979. I have moved through the 'ranks' and am now Visa Infinite with an MC Titanium to back it up. Throughout I have had my cards on '100% autodebit', no hassles. Had minor issues (about attempts to charge for an add-on card) twice which were promptly resolved. Now my children - (son and daughter-in-law and daughter with son-in-law on its way) also enjoy Infinite in their own right. I have been very happy with their service.

Every major private bank provides you facilities and perks as per your relationship - both in terms of amount and duration. Most of them have codified it (at least internally).

every bank follows different methodology. but sometimes, i feel its just luck draw. i had applied for Kotak and HSBC at same time. i got HSBC and kotak rejected. no reason given. now i have HSBC gold, Citibank platinum and SBI rail card... i get free upgrade voucher for jet airways from citibank every year. but cant use it as i have to buy tix at full price which is 100% to 200% more. :NOTriste:

i found SBI rail card good, i book tix or use it, i get rail points and can use them whenever i want. further i dont have to buy platform ticket so saing Rs.3/- everytime i go to station...

Edited by csmart

^^^ Gr8.. worth having an SBI Rail Card just for that.

Else be in the serpentine Q every time you go to drop/receive someone..

Just hope that the TC's are also well informed when they catch you next !

Recently got an upgrade to StanChart Platinum Manhattan.. mainly all cards have an upper limit of Rs. 500 cash-back.

This has cash-back on Supermarket purchases which will definitely help me get that Rs. 500 back + points on other swipes..

never use HDFC credit card for foreign transaction. if you buy anything online in foreign currency, you will be charged 3.5% foreign currency conversion charge on the amount spent.

recently i paid college fees for my nephew and when statement came, i was shocked to see this charge.

never use HDFC credit card for foreign transaction. if you buy anything online in foreign currency, you will be charged 3.5% foreign currency conversion charge on the amount spent.

recently i paid college fees for my nephew and when statement came, i was shocked to see this charge.

Every CC charges 3.5% for foreign transactions. This is what they earn !

This must also be mentioned in the MITC of the credit card too.

Edited by phonegeek

Every CC charges 3.5% for foreign transactions. This is what they earn !

This must also be mentioned in the MITC of the credit card too.

i doubt abt these on citibank and HSBC.

Kotak has stopped issuing new Trup cards. :'(