Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
drmadhu

Buying New Car

Sadikk go for a diesel option if the extra cost you will pay for it justifies the fuel consumption rather than a CNG. I had changed my (3 year old) Indica to an LPG. Huge maintenance costs. Had to sell the car in 12 months.

Calculate if it is worth it to go for diesel. Of course this would be in today's terms since you dont know how the gap between Petrol and Diesel will look like after say 2 years.

Take the difference in cost of the car. Typically it is 1 lac more for the common rail deisel engine. But you will also get around 25-50K more when you sell a common rail diesel car. So spread say 60K of cost over 4 years and then see if the differnce in fuel savings is worth it. After 4 years higher maintenance will kick in for diesel cars which will again be approximately the amount you apportioned yearly above.

why not try Ritz... its really good. i prefer maruti over hyndai.. wagonr due will be economical as you drive a lot and you dont want anything in diesel. so using cng will be good.

but current diesel models are also good. i have swift (2.6 yrs) and ritz (1yr) in deisel and no prob till date..

In terms of budget and reliability Maruti ranks Number one. But there is one criteria in which almost all Maruti cars score lesser than their respective counterparts in the same segments. And that is cabin space and leg room space.

Even though I face this problem in my car (wagonR), I ccannot even think of any car other than a maruti because Maruti cars are virtually maintenance free.

DISCLAIMER: I have not owned any car other than a Maruti and my views may be biased towards maruti for the reliability factor.

I have finally decided 1.2 Kappa i10 Magna

Price offered: 411494

Package: Insurance, Seat Covers, Teflon Coating, Anti Rust, Centre Lock (Key less), Body Ocver, Mats & Flap, Stereo.

Now I am confused on Stereo part:

Option 1: Chinese Stereo USB with 2 Sony XPLOID Speakers - Free

Option 2: Upgrade Player to Sony USB with 2 Sony XPLOID Spkrs - Addln 6K

Option 3: Hyundai i10 stereo USB designed as per the shape - 8-9 K + 4 Spkrs Included (Acc from lat month).

In Option 3 looks are best as System is actually designed for it and covers Appropriate space while 2 & 3 Looks inferior as 1 Stereo pocket is empty. Option 1 saves money.

Pls guide. I will be proably purchasing this Wednesday (4 Aug)

@ Dhiraj ji,

Logan failed because of the way it looks.

Even I will prefer buying Swift instead of Logan, Though future of Renault is bright I must say.

@saurav

Pioneer sound quality is the best; better than Sony; do definitely invest in original genuine speakers (any good Japanese make either Pioneer or Sony) and 2 tweeters (1-2K extra) besides the 4 door/back speakers... I regret going for Dapic (chinese) in one of my smaller cars... if looks are more improtant than sound, go for the hyundai one otherwise 2 din systems are available in both Pioneer and Sony also (though little costlier)....

@sumit

thats what I said - perception... nothing much wrong with the shape though; its one of the few cars where 3 x 6' people like me can sit abreast in the rear seat... just perceived to be wrong...

look over the new micra too.. but drop the wagon r.. I think the suspension problem is yet to sort out..

vista is great for space and other.

For CAR Stereo ensure that it has USB port so that you can put in a pendrive with all your songs and forget about it. Otherwise its very cumbersome trying to juggle & change CDs.

Logan is most practical car on indian road no doubt..

its just our westernized style statement is not allowing us to opt for one..

Swift...

Logan is most practical car on indian road no doubt..

its just our westernized style statement is not allowing us to opt for one..

I agree that Logan is a good car. But it has the lowest ground clearance among all cars in India. It has a ground clearance of just 155mm.

i always trust maruti compare to any other brand for price under 6lakh.. i have tried hyundai and other brands. unless the car is driven mainly (90%) by single driver, thne hyundai and tat is good. but no match for maruti n terms of service and maintenance.

for stero, either pioneer or sony.. and now USB is must and i think you get USB by defualt. speakers, i always use pioneer even with sony stereo... now many models have bluetooth in built, so you connect yr phone also..

You can look into Figo and Micra as well.

Figo has a good suspension and better space inside than i10, though economy(petrol) may not be as good.

If you go in for Figo disel, then economy is good as well.. :)

But it makes sense to get disel only if you run more than 50kms per day on an avg.

Logan is no doubt a good car, but I am facing issus with servicing the car. Am not so happy, so maybe that may add to the way that the car looks (which ofcourse is the most imp. reason why the car is not selling.)

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Today I have Purchased i10 Magna.

Is the Antenna on roof Foldable.

New Alto K series has been launched.. Pre Booking Started :)

Price between Rs 3.03 lakh and Rs 3.16 lakh.

suzuki_alto03.jpg

new-Suzuki-alto.jpg

check the detailed video here http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=156180

original.jpg?1280926486

:Ohhhh: ALTO aka A-star ?

Yeah. That alto looks like A star

AFA head unit is concerned, nothing can beat pioneer as suggested by Dhiraj ji as well. For speakers, it really depends on the car you are opting and do you want a boot tray with speakers on.

I would prefer a good pair of Component speakers ( MTX or Pioneer/Premier ) with 6x9 oval speakers (Pioneer 6975 v2{ you need to hear it to believe it}), else you could only opt for 6x9 speaker and good tweets (Pioneer TS-20{nothing would ever beat it, though beware of duplicates}) with a decent little 4 channel amplifier to bring out the real capabilities. These are basic needs for a decent sound for your ears. If you are looking for some bass as well, need to invest further on Mono-block amplifier with a decent 12 inch woofer with a good enclosure.

There is no end to it, the more you get into it the more you understand you still have a loads to invest for.

Edited by SumitVerma