Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

:rofl_200: :rofl_200:

5.1 = 2 in ears, 2 in nose and woofer in mouth and where to put that last speaker :Chulo: :Chulo:

No, No... I am NOT going to tell that :rofl_200::Contento::Riendo:

But this COMEDY gave some quality relax mood for so many SAD corby users here... HITESH Ji, You are so great... :clap:

• Like 1

hi friends i need to know is the OMH SIM CARD can be used on samsung corby pro (sliding with keypad) handsets also?

is this corby pro handset available in the Market ?

does this handset supports CDMA ?

is there any news when is this handset coming?

5. fonts in the phonebook was too large. only 3 contacts displayed. when keypad is on for searching contacts in vertical mode, I can see only first 3 characters of name visible in 3 lines. When it is in horizontal mode, only one name is visible. There is no option for changing the font size or display options for phonebook.

I can't Understand How it can be used in Horizontally mode??

N I have Query in scheduler there is no option for BirthDay Saving like 6265.

While connecting to USB 3 option comes out them if i select memory card option than in windows explore i cannot read a memory card. nothing is been shown

Battery is worse. Still my Free plan is not been activated i had got OMH card and activated from samsung corby by *228 newly.

hey guys finally after complaining to CC 5 times my samsung corby handset finally is connecting on EVO mode. They took 3 days to activate the plan and then 2 more days to resolve the problem of connecting on broadband. So far browsing speed in handset definitely noticeably very fast as compared to 1X.

I tried as a modem also for about half hour. browsing speed is definitely much faster as compared to 1X earlier. I downloaded a 12MB file. I got a speed which varied between 28 KB/sec to 60KB /sec. not yet upto 2.4 mbps as claimed. will update you soon on more.

Sorry for off topoc, but Wats a universal charger?

I have two so-called universal chargers.

One is actually a multi-model charger and not a universal charger, that has three inputs (car-charger, AC power and emergency key-chain battery), one cable to connect input to output, and five outputs (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericson, Motorola and LG). I paid Rs.90 for it.

The other is a universal mobile battery charger, wherein you can charge any battery of any cell-phone by removing the battery and adjusting the contacts on the charger to fit the contacts on the battery. I paid Rs.65 for the charger and Rs.600 for a spare Nokia BL-6C battery for my Nokia 6275 handset. This is a better option, since the spare battery gets charged while I am using the cell-phone with the original battery, and vice-versa.

I want to know if anyone has tried successfully HSD setting on Samsung Corby.

I called up CC on * 355

They told me to create a new profile from MENU>SETTING>APPLICATIONS>BROWSER

Then in settings give dialing number as #777. username and password as Phone number and leave all other settings as blank and choose the newly created profile.

Then they told me to dial *228 and after 4 hrs you can use your high speed connection.

On doing so the phone says "your number is already active" and after 40 secs a message comes on screen"Programming unsuccessful" and call disconnects.

On connecting( in wap browser or as modem on laptop) the nothing happens, the initial connection shows EV but immediately switches to 1X mode and I can't get the speeds.

Has any one successfully been able to get speeds over 2 mbps or even 1 mbps for that matter

tks

same prblm, wat to do?

Hey

What did you tell the customer care guys? They are not sure of what BB plan to activate. Please help?

hey guys finally after complaining to CC 5 times my samsung corby handset finally is connecting on EVO mode. They took 3 days to activate the plan and then 2 more days to resolve the problem of connecting on broadband. So far browsing speed in handset definitely noticeably very fast as compared to 1X.

I tried as a modem also for about half hour. browsing speed is definitely much faster as compared to 1X earlier. I downloaded a 12MB file. I got a speed which varied between 28 KB/sec to 60KB /sec. not yet upto 2.4 mbps as claimed. will update you soon on more.

@ankur.

without using OMH sim card u can connect to internet, if ur operator do provide default 1x plan.

just connect it using pc suite, enter username and password

and sart surfing.

Let us know wheter MTS have this facility or not.

reliance and tata -tested, working fine

How to activate BB+ service on rim prepaid,

done all activies list in this topic,

also registed compliant for same.

keep complaining to CC. they said its a technical issue.tell them that when you connect you are switched back to 1X after trying to connect to EVDO

wat abt the Battery backup issue for this fone ?

as i am unable o use internet(my main purpose of buying phone :NO: ).

I talk hardly 30min+ simple usage of PM fucntions.

My phone battery last for 2-2.5 days. :clap: :clap:

please help me to get 2.4mbps speed & 10GB data usage free. :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:

keep complaining to CC. they said its a technical issue.tell them that when you connect you are switched back to 1X after trying to connect to EVDO

check ur pm

I saw one additional charge in my bill this month after purchasing samsung corby i.e. "VPN Plan rental". After inquiring the CC they told its some new service for which 250 Rs. / month will be charge and they dont have information about that. They advised me to call *361 to get its details and if you do not want you can ask to disconnect this service and can launch a complaint against existing which will be waived off, *361 asks for some 6 digit pin no. which I dont know what is. Does anybody else have experienced the same ? any idea about the "VPN Plan rental" which is activated automatically for me.

@ankur.

without using OMH sim card u can connect to internet, if ur operator do provide default 1x plan.

and sart surfing.

cant do that also. i got a reply from MTS. they say :

"Dear sir, Kindly send us the scanned copy of Times of india (showing date & place) with the complete AD. of this."

This is completely idiotic. I already sent them an image file of that ad (downloaded it from telecomtalk.info) in the first mail. Now they want me to prove that they are having such scheme... Rubbish....

post-62147-126538431763_thumb.jpg

i have a strange problem.. i send sms in group.. I have created a separate group for that. after pressing the send button, when the msgs are being sent, if after 2 or 3 msg getting sent, i recieve a delivery report , then all the remaining msg (i mean the same msg but to remaining people) dont get sent. i have to cancel the sending operation. than go to outbox and send again the msg to the remaining people.. (i have turned on the receive delivery report option ).. i hope u guys are getting what i m saying...

@ankur.

and sart surfing.

cant do that also. i got a reply from MTS. they say :

"Dear sir, Kindly send us the scanned copy of Times of india (showing date & place) with the complete AD. of this."

This is completely idiotic. I already sent them an image file of that ad (downloaded it from telecomtalk.info) in the first mail. Now they want me to prove that they are having such scheme... Rubbish....

First try, by entering user name and password provided,

let it be getting chaerged,

Atleast u can test it, whether they provide internet connectivity, and also u will come to know about default tarif charges

i have a strange problem.. i send sms in group.. I have created a separate group for that. after pressing the send button, when the msgs are being sent, if after 2 or 3 msg getting sent, i recieve a delivery report , then all the remaining msg (i mean the same msg but to remaining people) dont get sent. i have to cancel the sending operation. than go to outbox and send again the msg to the remaining people.. (i have turned on the receive delivery report option ).. i hope u guys are getting what i m saying...

ONE simple solution

TURN off delivery report.- it will work- tested.

First try, by entering user name and password provided,

let it be getting chaerged,

Atleast u can test it, whether they provide internet connectivity, and also u will come to know about default tarif charges

Err... Username and password ?? from where m i supposed to get one ?? i guess i m sounding stupid by asking this ques... :P

ONE simple solution

TURN off delivery report.- it will work- tested.

LOL.... knew that..... i was hoping to get another solution.... :Riendo:

Other operators have a CC problem..

But i think MTS has silly ppl sitting even in the mailing dept..

Cant they escalate the issue to their superiors before asking for such proofs ?

You cannot have official communication of this sort.. better not to answer instead, like RComm mailers.

:previous: correct.. when i got this mail after 2 weeks from them, i was just like.......... :Ohhhh:

what a stupid mail from them.... but i replied them... thats what i wrote

"I have already attached an image of that AD sir from times of india. That was the complete AD. No more details were given with it. That AD was published in the month of December. You expect me to find that newspaper and scan it and send it to you ? Sir, that AD was having your scheme and you want customers to prove it you.

Can you please tell me that can I get a OMH sim card ? I dont want that scheme. But first of all I want an OMH sim card. Please inform me where to get an MTS OMH sim card as the dealers are unaware about it."

I know i m not good at writing mails... :P

hey guys wishing to buy this phone but i want to clarify that can i convert my old relaince ruim to omh sim as i am having completely free net in it :) .Pls describe the process in detail thnxx in advanced

I have already wrote that, RCom has the first rank holders of lunatic school as CC guys... But MTS has washed out (Failed in all subjects) students from the same school as CC guys...