Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

^^^Hope that Rs. 50 road side universal charger doesn't blow up the already problematic Corby !Riendo.gif

Always Always Always use Original Charger dont even use PC USB Cable for Charging.

Always have Good Socket NOT Loose one.

Check for Better Earthing.

If you Phone Blow from Chargin mis Behaviour you will not be covered for Claim. I already Blew Samsung GURU a (Spare Phone i bought for Travelling and Blew it)

^^^

I am really sorry for you Samsung GURU,

I also agree with you for using original charger, but every one cannot afford to buy original battery charger.

Like one of my friend is having LG RD 3K, which cost Rs.1300, and spare battery cost Rs.300.

He was unable to find original battery charger for LG,

so there is only one way by using these kind of low cost battery charger from road side sellers.

@ankur

Thanks for details reviws, and ur effort.

13 hrs is low, even not 1 full day :NOTriste:

wat about group sms??

good to see that it support .vcf for phonebook.

plz revew inernet, get OMH sim from dealer.distributor. etc

sorry sorry sorry... That was a typing mistake... it was supposed to be 23 hours

this time when i charged it fully, battery lasted for about 22 hours with medium usage again (my medium usage means 2-3 hours of songs playback on earphone, 30 minutes of sending messages to friends. and 15-20 minutes call time... it may be considered heavy usage also.. :P )

Group sms is supported... just like other phones we can send msg to a group of contacts (groups can be created in phonebook)

MTS's OMH sim not available in our area... :(

I am getting 3 Days Full Backup on Battery

3 days ??? :confuse:

does it remain in standby mode all the time ?? or u use it also ??;)

Guys....i will have to take back my sentence on the battery life made earlier..only for the 1st charge i got 2.5 days.....now i am not even getting one day battery backup with full charge...that too, i only make or receive calls (not more than 60 mins of talk time). i neither play mp3 or fm nor browse....battery backup seems to be a major issue....added to it the charging time is very high ; close to 4 hrs...so, pls purchase this phone only if you are not worried abt battery backup...

Battery life is really pathetic !!! I am not using it and yet i have to charge it daily... And this time their is no typing mistake.. I mean it... Its giving 22-23 hours backup under very light usage in "Full Network coverage"...

@ Hetal

Theyre all saying that it lasts longer for the initial few charges after which the life diminishes especially upon using touch screen extensively..

BTW guys.. This is a major point i put forth while attaching the product note. It said only 950mAh !

that's pretty bad news. with less than one day backup it is definitely not worth the features. 

But how is Hetal getting such great backups; are you guys sure your set is not faulty?  :confuse:

guys..anytakers for this phone. i am ready to give it to 8K - slightly negotiable (10 days old phone. i will also post it in the right forum.

Hi,

all of you guys, who own Corby speed, tell me one thing, did you charge your phone overnight for its initial charge?

bcoz i have till date owned 3 Samsung mobiles and every time i brought a new one, the dealer told me to charge it overnight for its first charge, that increases your backup time.

its bcoz the batteries that are shipped with the mobile are only charged 20-30% of their total capacity, so if you don't charge it overnight, it will damage the battery and you will experience low backup problems.

So finaly, the much awaited Corby is no longer a Hot cake ... :NOTriste::NOTriste:

battery backup will kill the handset

hope samsung will do smthing

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

Sorry for off topoc, but Wats a universal charger?

One charger with multiple pins dangling out i suppose..

It may be a conventional Or Car charger..

^^^

offline charger from samsung is available but too costly,

but you can buy universal battery charger from road side shop for RS 50/-

thanks hitesh for the suggestion.

only if i am able to charge the battery seperately, i will benefit from multiple batteries....one can be charged & the other one used in phone.

if i am correct, universal chargers are the ones with multiple pins right...

Guys....i will have to take back my sentence on the battery life made earlier..only for the 1st charge i got 2.5 days.....now i am not even getting one day battery backup with full charge...that too, i only make or receive calls (not more than 60 mins of talk time). i neither play mp3 or fm nor browse....battery backup seems to be a major issue....added to it the charging time is very high ; close to 4 hrs...so, pls purchase this phone only if you are not worried abt battery backup...

Oh.. :Equivocado:

SO even this is not a good choice for replacement for my Nokia2865 :NOTriste: ..

i need some help.. wen i connect my phone to pc via pc studio mode.. i cant do anything on phone. i mean to say, that i cant open menu, i cant read sms etc wen it is connected to pc in samsung pc studio mode. only a pc icon appears on the mobile screen and nothing happens if i touch the screen.. its really painfull. i have the habit of sending msgs after connecting the mobile to pc.. i m able to send msgs via samsung pc studio also, but the problem is that if i receive any new msg, i cant read it in phone... and reading it in pc studio is also pain... (message manager is bakwaas).. i have to import all the msgs again in the msg manager to read the new msgs which came...... please help me.. does it happen with u guys also (who have corby speed)... ???

previous.gifThis is problem with Samsung Mobiles...Star has same issue...I don't think you can do anything about it...happy.gif

:previous: i m feeling like crying......................... crying.gif

very bad yaar.. very bad..... is there any other third party pc suite which supports corby ???

Edited by ankur1986

@ankur

Thanks for details reviws, and ur effort.

13 hrs is low, even not 1 full day :NOTriste:

wat about group sms??

good to see that it support .vcf for phonebook.

plz revew inernet, get OMH sim from dealer.distributor. etc

sorry sorry sorry... That was a typing mistake... it was supposed to be 23 hours

this time when i charged it fully, battery lasted for about 22 hours with medium usage again (my medium usage means 2-3 hours of songs playback on earphone, 30 minutes of sending messages to friends. and 15-20 minutes call time... it may be considered heavy usage also.. :P )

Group sms is supported... just like other phones we can send msg to a group of contacts (groups can be created in phonebook)

MTS's OMH sim not available in our area... :(

I am getting 3 Days Full Backup on Battery

3 days ??? :confuse:

does it remain in standby mode all the time ?? or u use it also ??;)

Battery life is really pathetic !!! I am not using it and yet i have to charge it daily... And this time their is no typing mistake.. I mean it... Its giving 22-23 hours backup under very light usage in "Full Network coverage"...

@ Hetal

Theyre all saying that it lasts longer for the initial few charges after which the life diminishes especially upon using touch screen extensively..

BTW guys.. This is a major point i put forth while attaching the product note. It said only 950mAh !

that's pretty bad news. with less than one day backup it is definitely not worth the features. 

But how is Hetal getting such great backups; are you guys sure your set is not faulty?  :confuse:

guys..anytakers for this phone. i am ready to give it to 8K - slightly negotiable (10 days old phone. i will also post it in the right forum.

Hi,

all of you guys, who own Corby speed, tell me one thing, did you charge your phone overnight for its initial charge?

bcoz i have till date owned 3 Samsung mobiles and every time i brought a new one, the dealer told me to charge it overnight for its first charge, that increases your backup time.

its bcoz the batteries that are shipped with the mobile are only charged 20-30% of their total capacity, so if you don't charge it overnight, it will damage the battery and you will experience low backup problems.

hi,

it is not only with Samsung, but all mobiles..the battery needs to be completely charged for 2~3 times to acheive its full capacity.that is why in my earlier post, i had mentioned to measure the battery life after few charges.

overnight charging is not required, but full charging is required.

even after this, i am experiencing less life.

Ankur I was able to do everything. go to the widget section in PC studio.(left most icon on left) from there you can read sms, send sms and a lot of other activites as well.

Not only charging it fully but initially it is suggested that let the battery discharge too fully for first 4-5 times. this makes backup time and battery life extended.

^^^

offline charger from samsung is available but too costly,

but you can buy universal battery charger from road side shop for RS 50/-

thanks hitesh for the suggestion.

only if i am able to charge the battery seperately, i will benefit from multiple batteries....one can be charged & the other one used in phone.

if i am correct, universal chargers are the ones with multiple pins right...

I am talking about this bug, it can charge any cell phone battery.

Also it have usb port at the bottom, for charging thru usb cable.

BCH_UNI.JPG

Edited by hitesh123

:previous:

I have tried this product some years back, but it didnot work for me, so I returned it. It has red and green lights which worked but the battery didnot charge. So I bought original Nokia battery charging stand I think DT14 which works fine till date

^^^

Original products are always better if you are ready to pay,

Did seller took back from you, as road side seller never do this.

Edited by hitesh123

All those who are using this handset please help me with following questions..

1) How is the data speed?

2) Is it possible to install skype in it?

3) How's the battery life?

Thanks in advance!

^^^ Already discussed & product notes attached for Web & messenger services..

2.4 Mbps

SNS (social networking) Sites - Yes, but not sure about Skype

Worst battery as per feedback received from many users & even Webworlds for a change..

Edited by ACS

All those who are using this handset please help me with following questions..

1) How is the data speed?

2) Is it possible to install skype in it?

3) How's the battery life?

Thanks in advance!

I am getting great battery life with medium usage. Haven't charged for last two days!

Ankur I was able to do everything. go to the widget section in PC studio.(left most icon on left) from there you can read sms, send sms and a lot of other activites as well.

ya thats true.. u didnt got my problem bro. i can read sms from the pc studio but i have to import them from mobile.. and if a new msg comes, it doesnt get showed in the messages. i have to import the messages once again and then the new msg gets showed.. i have to import again & again to read new msgs.. and msg manager gets loaded with tons of msgs coz it does not remove the earlier msgs wen i imoprt new ones.. so the earlier msgs gets repeated in the msg manager... i have to manually delete all the msgs from msg manager and then import again so that the same msgs dont gets showed up twice... i hope u r getting what i m trying to say...

and ya one more thing... i earlier asked Hetal that do he use his phone or it remain in standby all the time when he said that he is getting 3 days of backup.... i take my words back.... even in standby mode battery cant stand for 3 days... i tried it... compelete standby for one day... but still the battery goes down and have to charge it after 26 hours....

Edited by ankur1986

days[/b][/size]... i tried it... compelete standby for one day... but still the battery goes down and have to charge it after 26 hours....

wow, gr8 :Sorprendido: ,

u kept phone unused for 26hrs :Confuso:

without using, and even

no miss call :(

no sms :(

screen didn't blink/glow for 10second?? :NO:

hat's off to u can patience. :clap:

^^^

:Contento: :Contento: