Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

Hi All,

Is this a Go or No go handset please advice.

With lack of proper handset upgrades (I am almost all close to move to GSM from a 6 year Reliance customer).

Thanks,

Arun

Battery life is really pathetic !!! I am not using it and yet i have to charge it daily... And this time their is no typing mistake.. I mean it... Its giving 22-23 hours backup under very light usage in "Full Network coverage"...

thanks for good review, hope my set will come to me soon,

it was feeling good, after listening 3days back up :Ohhhh:

but ankur's question is really valid??

but i thnik hetal's usage might be low, and coverage is good, with saving in backlight..

ankur why don't u write email to mts office to get omh sim,

Tata also not provinding MTS sim.

Ur welcome ... Naa yaar its not possible ki its giving 3 days backup... My phone was in complete standby yesterday and their was full network coverage, still i have to charge it in night... (and whats more frustrating is that charging takes 3-4 hours to complete.. i know its good for battery if charging takes time...) Let Hetal explain how he is getting 3 days battery backup.... :confuse:

And yaa, u r right.. i think i shoud e-mail them...

Thanx ankur for your time and consideration,

can you also please confirm whether it can play videos other than those recorded by its own camera

thanx again

ur welcome....

Its playing .3gp files easily... .avi files are not supported...

And ya the intersting part is about .mp4 files..... I tried playing .mp4 file recorded by the phone itself and it played smoothly... But when i played another .mp4 file (video song) it says "resolution not supported".......

Maybe it needs mp4 files to be in a specific resolution... Will try that using a good video converter soon....

Hi Hetsl,

I too got the corby speed. Just wondering if there was a way of adding applications to it.

Do let me know.

It supports java applications.. but the problem is that those java applications must be touch screen enabled.. otherwise u wont be able to do anything with those applications...

Hw many contacts we can add in one Group and Hw many groups can be created?

Havent tried that bro... but i have one group having 25 contacts in it.. and havent created more new groups.. 7 groups were default available and those are more than enough for me yaar...

Guys....i will have to take back my sentence on the battery life made earlier..only for the 1st charge i got 2.5 days.....now i am not even getting one day battery backup with full charge...that too, i only make or receive calls (not more than 60 mins of talk time). i neither play mp3 or fm nor browse....battery backup seems to be a major issue....added to it the charging time is very high ; close to 4 hrs...so, pls purchase this phone only if you are not worried abt battery backup...

Correct !!!!! :Riendo: each and every word is 100% correct...

@ Ankur,

What about white list? Can you allow calls only from, say, your home and a couple of friends while blocking rest on the world when you are on a vacation?

cant see any white list option.... i think its not present... another thing.. i cant find a way to tunf off and on the blacklist... i added few contacts to blacklist and now i want the blacklist to be turned off... i cant find it... maybe the only way to do that is to remove those all contacts from blacklist manually... and if needed again add them back to the blacklist.... thats bakwaas system !!!! :(

Edited by ankur1986
  • Like 1

Hw many contacts we can add in one Group and Hw many groups can be created?

Havent tried that bro... but i have one group having 25 contacts in it.. and havent created more new groups.. 7 groups were default available and those are more than enough for me yaar...

Guys....i will have to take back my sentence on the battery life made earlier..only for the 1st charge i got 2.5 days.....now i am not even getting one day battery backup with full charge...that too, i only make or receive calls (not more than 60 mins of talk time). i neither play mp3 or fm nor browse....battery backup seems to be a major issue....added to it the charging time is very high ; close to 4 hrs...so, pls purchase this phone only if you are not worried abt battery backup...

Correct !!!!! :Riendo: each and every word is 100% correct...

yes sir...now i am cursing myself for making the decision of taking this phone...i have totally lost interest in this phone due to very low battery backup...i dare not to touch the touch screen so that i get atleast one day charge...cannot even dream of travelling with this phone....

this has become a white elephant case...only good to see...

atleast others can see the posts & take cautious decision in purchasing this phone...

@ Hetal

Theyre all saying that it lasts longer for the initial few charges after which the life diminishes especially upon using touch screen extensively..

BTW guys.. This is a major point i put forth while attaching the product note. It said only 950mAh !

:previous: i dont read messegs wen they arrive... reading msgs mean reducing the battery power... wen 5-6 msgs comes then i unlock the phone and read all of them at one go.... :P and then quickly lock it again...

that's pretty bad news. with less than one day backup it is definitely not worth the features. 

But how is Hetal getting such great backups; are you guys sure your set is not faulty?  :confuse:

I was really excited by this phone. But thanks to the reviews above especially with respect to the battery back up i have decided not to go aheead.

I would sincerely like to thank all the users who have posted their first hand experiences using this phone. Wonderful job!!!!!!!!!

I was really excited by this phone. But thanks to the reviews above especially with respect to the battery back up i have decided not to go aheead.

I would sincerely like to thank all the users who have posted their first hand experiences using this phone. Wonderful job!!!!!!!!!

Me Too....

guys..anytakers for this phone. i am ready to give it to 8K - slightly negotiable (10 days old phone. i will also post it in the right forum.

^

lol.....

^^^

Nagraj ji, what happen, lost the love about corby speed in its speedy way :Contento: :Contento:

guys..anytakers for this phone. i am ready to give it to 8K - slightly negotiable (10 days old phone. i will also post it in the right forum.

i can buy, plz check ur PM

^^^

Nagraj ji, what happen, lost the love about corby speed in its speedy way :Contento: :Contento:

yes sir....kya kare...phone ka naam speed hai..aur ham bhi speed hai....

both in purchasing & selling..

since i travel most of the times, i experienced with no battery charge at the end of the day..so this is making me very difficult to use this phone. i need to either keep it in home or sell it...

so finally is this true??

Sorry to hear your experience with the Speed Nagaraj.

High time Samsung did something to rectify this problem because their image is going to take a beating espcially considering the fact that the corby speed is selling like hot cakes (according to local dealers)

Anyone tried to test the BB features. It just dont go to the BB mode, its stuck with 1X. Speed was 100 kbps :) Has anyone tested the speed? I have the OMH Sim and have Broadband + activated and all but nothing happens :( Reliance and Samsung has no clue. Is there some setting?

@ Nagaraj

Try considering buying a spare battery instead of selling at the same discount !

In case battery life is that important for you.

^^^

Good suggestion jayant ji !!

He is giving almost Rs800 discount, in same price he will get original battery of samsung.

@ Nagaraj

Try considering buying a spare battery instead of selling at the same discount !

In case battery life is that important for you.

i need to go with a higher capacity battery itself. i am not sure which one though that can be

interchanged with this model...

by the way is there any offline chargers available for these batteries.

^^^

offline charger from samsung is available but too costly,

but you can buy universal battery charger from road side shop for RS 50/-

Edited by hitesh123