Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

Still customer care executives have no update about OMH sim card. I called them again and asked about their free internet usage scheme on purchase of Samsung Corby and OMH sim card. They dont know when such scheme came and what the hell is this OMH sim card. One customer executive even said : "aap mobile pe internet use nahi kar sakte. agar aapko internet use karna hai to MBlaze le lijiye. Aur OMH sim card ki hamare pass koi update nahi hai.".......... Amazing.....

I have e-mailed MTS. Hope to get reply from them soon... Equivocado.gif

Its better you get ight info by calling *355 instead of *333 or *222 , *355 is BB+ CC they will give you full info.....

well, it may sound stupid... but i should say this as i was complaining a lot about the battery... 2 days back i removed the memory card and reinserted it after few hours (as i gave it to my friend).. Now am now getting good battery backup... i have not charged the phone since i re-inserted the memory card (i.e. 2 days ago and it was approx. fully charged when i removed the memory card......)

I know its stupid... :PMay be there some other problem... But knowi think ... there some memory card issue with this phone.. Battery "can" last for 2 days..... can somebody else do the same thing and tell what happens....

first sign of positive reply for battery :clap: , update us after 2-3cycle of charging and usage...

also test without memory card... :SI:

Still customer care executives have no update about OMH sim card. I called them again and asked about their free internet usage scheme on purchase of Samsung Corby and OMH sim card. They dont know when such scheme came and what the hell is this OMH sim card. One customer executive even said : "aap mobile pe internet use nahi kar sakte. agar aapko internet use karna hai to MBlaze le lijiye. Aur OMH sim card ki hamare pass koi update nahi hai.".......... Amazing.....

I have e-mailed MTS. Hope to get reply from them soon... Equivocado.gif

Its better you get ight info by calling *355 instead of *333 or *222 , *355 is BB+ CC they will give you full info.....

he is using MTS , so can't connect to BB+ cc of RCDMA... :Decepcionado:

I am using MTS.... not Reliance...

Still no reply from MTS. 24 hours passed since I e-mailed them...crying.gif

first sign of positive reply for battery :clap: , update us after 2-3cycle of charging and usage...

also test without memory card... :SI:

its still running good.. I think the problem is with the damn memory card... Charged it on 22nd jan at night. Still running (lost 2 bars in battery level).. Great yaar.. Now I am happy.... Till now, i was like... "ohh sh*t... what a crap i bought..." but now i now its good... thank god !!!!

hey i have a doubt.. its off-topic...

1) should i charge the phone when the battery is completely discharged or should i charge it whenever i get time to charge it ??

2) also is it ok to leave the mobile on charging for the whole night (i mean should i remove the charging when the cell is completely charged or is it ok leave it on charging after it is fully charged ) ??

Edited by ankur1986

1) should i charge the phone when the battery is completely discharged or should i charge it whenever i get time to charge it ??

2) also is it ok to leave the mobile on charging for the whole night (i mean should i remove the charging when the cell is completely charged or is it ok leave it on charging after it is fully charged ) ??

1- You should try to charge phone when battery is completely discharged, it will give good life.

2- NO, dont over charge your battery, it reduces the life.

So the conclusion after reading 18 pages of this thread is that phone battery is not having any problem, just don't use the memory card that comes with the set? Is that correct?

^^^

Yes !

Ankur, did you try it with some other memory card?

well, it may sound stupid... but i should say this as i was complaining a lot about the battery... 2 days back i removed the memory card and reinserted it after few hours (as i gave it to my friend).. Now am now getting good battery backup... i have not charged the phone since i re-inserted the memory card (i.e. 2 days ago and it was approx. fully charged when i removed the memory card......)

I know its stupid... :PMay be there some other problem... But knowi think ... there some memory card issue with this phone.. Battery "can" last for 2 days..... can somebody else do the same thing and tell what happens....

More than memory card it could be power management issue in OS / ROM.

hey guys... can someone help me out with setting up gmail on corby speed?? its a headache..

Thanks

Bought the phone from Reliance WW forum Bangalore yesterday, the sales people were really not updated about many OMH R-UIM and internet facility on the phone. Upon clarifying so many times they came with the Phone with the OMH SIMS. I bought it from them for 9125 Rs., Sangeetha is selling the same phone at 9030 Rs. but there you wont get the OMH sim. From WW I got phone with free OMH SIM.

Since I was following this discussion from long I was in dual mind because of battery issue but I used it extensively from 6 PM to 1 AM and my battery was running and then I recharged it full night.

I will provide some more review about the device later but I liked its 5.1 channel music output in headphones. Outside speakers are not too good but with headphones its too good.

Today morning I tried to install the PC-Sync and USB drivers but while installing USB driver from CD1 I got error NPS is not installed and CD2 seems not working at all and giving errors, can somebody provide me the installed from both the CD's.

A lot has been discussed about the battery. Has anybody been able to surf the net at broadband speed?

lol... 5.1 channel output in heaphones... yaa to main buddhha ho gaya hoon yaa technology ne bahut lamba jump le liya hai.... until of course they are zalmans which I seriously doubt that thats what he's referring to...

I am using MTS.... not Reliance...

Still no reply from MTS. 24 hours passed since I e-mailed them...crying.gif

Oh Sorry i didn't read that !!!

lol... 5.1 channel output in heaphones... yaa to main buddhha ho gaya hoon yaa technology ne bahut lamba jump le liya hai.... until of course they are zalmans which I seriously doubt that thats what he's referring to...

:rofl_200: :rofl_200:

5.1 = 2 in ears, 2 in nose and woofer in mouth and where to put that last speaker :Chulo: :Chulo:

I want to know if anyone has tried successfully HSD setting on Samsung Corby.

I called up CC on * 355

They told me to create a new profile from MENU>SETTING>APPLICATIONS>BROWSER

Then in settings give dialing number as #777. username and password as Phone number and leave all other settings as blank and choose the newly created profile.

Then they told me to dial *228 and after 4 hrs you can use your high speed connection.

On doing so the phone says "your number is already active" and after 40 secs a message comes on screen"Programming unsuccessful" and call disconnects.

On connecting( in wap browser or as modem on laptop) the nothing happens, the initial connection shows EV but immediately switches to 1X mode and I can't get the speeds.

Has any one successfully been able to get speeds over 2 mbps or even 1 mbps for that matter

tks

I am also facing same problem. Contacted webworld and CC. No one knows what is what? I think I have a made a mistake of purchasing

5.1 = 2 in ears, 2 in nose and woofer in mouth and where to put that last speaker :Chulo: :Chulo:

rofl_200.gifrofl_200.gifrofl_200.gifwinko.gif

and put jack inside phone.. :winko:

but from whr to listen? :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

good news.

tata indicom is provinding

OMH sim card, for RS99 with handset change card...

so u can chage ur simcard to omh and enjoy 2.4mbps on corby.

availalbel fro both prepaid and postpaid.

will update details soon, reagearding speed and plans

^^^

I forgot to insert the JACK in phone :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

Still thinking were to put that 5th speaker ????

After doing all this, i would like to listen from my home music system :Contento:

1- You should try to charge phone when battery is completely discharged, it will give good life.

2- NO, dont over charge your battery, it reduces the life.

THANX A lot !!!!!:signthankspin:

So the conclusion after reading 18 pages of this thread is that phone battery is not having any problem, just don't use the memory card that comes with the set? Is that correct?

I am still usning the memory card that came with the set.. Just removed and inserted it again.. And magic... Battery life increased...

Ankur, did you try it with some other memory card?

Nope.. Havent tried that...

More than memory card it could be power management issue in OS / ROM.

Or may be some application or something like that is continuously running from the memory card in background... And once i ejected it, that application closed... And now haven't started till then... :P

Can anybody plz tell me how to set speed dial in corby f339??

Thanks in advance :)

I think you can use "Favorite contact" feature. Its available in widget. Add ur speed dial contacts in that fav. contact list.

In the music player there is an option which says 5.1 Ch, which I feel signifies the output is virtually converted to give the impression of 5.1 channel. This "5.1 Ch" option is not enabled when the song is played using the external speakers. But with this option enabled with headphone it really sounds good.