Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pasumark

Nokia Dual Sim Mobiles Soon

I have used Nokia, LG, spice, karbonn and have experience of service and phone usage.Quality is atleast now better than nokia.

SPice and LG repairs phone in 1 to 3 hours max and replaces if required within 2-5 days

Whereas nokia takes 1-12 months for repairs ( mostly it will say not repairable after keeping phone for months) For replacement you have to go for consumer courts

SPICE QUALITY IS BETTER THAN NOKIA???? Oh come-on Ramesh don't compare the rare situations.. We all know "One should either LEAD or FOLLOW or GET LOST (wrt a project), But NOKIA is doing ALL-3 at the same time, wrt CDMA market".. That is the reason for its FAILURE in CDMA market, which I have told already here and NOT DUE TO LACK OF QUALITY, except some rare occurrences.. I am even using a Nokia2865, which was run over once by my friends TataIndica (Tata car on a Tata phone) car & it went off.. On switching it off, it started working like before... Hard to believe, but I promise it is TRUE..

We have to blame NOKIA CARE and NOKIA PRIORITY guys for milking the customers who come with faith in them.. Yes I too won't give my Nokia for service to CARE, but to some local friends.. Their service is much better.. But still, the quality of the NOKIA phone (wrt battery backup, NETWORK COVERAGE, build quality) is much better that you will have no or very little chance to goto service centre for repairing & that too mostly by wrong handling or accident or minor errors and not due to lack of quality...

YES, even their Basic phones are over-priced... But you can be sure it will go on for minimum 2 to 3 years working (can you be sure that ur Spice can go working without fault for years, NO CHANCE) and when comparing that advantage that small extra Rs paid is NOT BIG.. Do you know why SPICE is giving 2 Batteries for your phone :Riendo:

The only problem known now wrt smartphones (GSM ofcourse) are NOKIA is nowadays releasing them without much stable firmware.. But for regular smartphone users, firmware upgrade is not a big task, since you need not take it to CARE for the same.. But still it is a -ve remark for them anyway... My E71 is as hard as rock, even though my child has thrown it a hundred times on the mosaic floor and I too have dropped it accidently on stair case for twice..

NOKIA CORPORATION is avery very nice company.. It has given replacement battery for the whole batch as replacement, when it suspected a few batteries of the batch has problem.. I have got 5 new batteries BL-5C 1020mAh for the old BL-5C 970mAh batteries for FREE (All for my staff's Nokia2112 phones given by me).. But KEEP AWAY FROM THE NOKIA CARE guys and even Priority (their rates are highest) ones too...

I am using Spice D-88 Gold and I usually call it as "SAME CHINESE $HIT in new colour"... And I have not used LG for a long period till now..

• Like 1

NOKIA CORPORATION is avery very nice company.. It has given replacement battery for the whole batch as replacement, when it suspected a few batteries of the batch has problem.. I have got 5 new batteries BL-5C 1020mAh for the old BL-5C 970mAh batteries for FREE (All for my staff's Nokia2112 phones given by me).. But KEEP AWAY FROM THE NOKIA CARE guys and even Priority (their rates are highest) ones too...

But now a days all companies are replacing the faulty components generated by their own manufacturing problems. Not only Nokia is doing that. Acer also doing that. Please check the link. Acer Service & Support . So nokia knows that if they will change the batteries, they should want to appear in consumer court, each and every company have a fear on that. I agree with you that Nokia corporation is a nice company, but not very very nice....

I prefer LG or BB interface to Nokia but my wife refuses to use any other manufacturer!

So her replacement handset will ALWAYS be Nokia till they go bust...

End of Nokia vs. other debate for us.

Equivocado.gif

It would have been nice if other handsets were compatible with Nokia chargers.

But now a days all companies are replacing the faulty components generated by their own manufacturing problems. Not only Nokia is doing that. Acer also doing that. Please check the link. Acer Service & Support . So nokia knows that if they will change the batteries, they should want to appear in consumer court, each and every company have a fear on that. I agree with you that Nokia corporation is a nice company, but not very very nice....

well no doubt noika handsets are too good

yes nokia care is worst ever because it's handeled by the so called chor sarkari company HCL :)

I haven't said that Nokia mobile is not good. I mean that Nokia company's customer relationship is not fair. Also I mean that there is good quality indian mobiles that can reach upto the quality of Nokia mobiles and they are giving good customer care relationship.

Dual-sim phones on Nokia's radar

Source

KOLKATA: Mobile phone major Nokia on Wednesday indicated that multi-sim mobile handsets were on the anvil for the Indian consumers with expansion in demand.

"We are looking at more than one sim phone," Nokia Head (activation, media & online marketing) Viral Oza said here at the launch of two handsets in the touchscreen segment.

The company might launch a dual sim phone in 2010, Oza said but declined to make any comment on timing. Dual sim phones of other brands are receiving good response by the customers with over 100 million handset market in the country.

The company said is in talks with other telecom operators besides, Idea to offer Nokia Life Tools services. Currently, the service is available on the Idea network. It provides a range of services targeting farmers and students of emerging economies.

Nokia spokesperson said that the development of Life Tools was made in India and launched in other developing Asian economies. Recently, the service was launched in Indonesia.

To be in the market, Nokia has to take such stands or else, keeping the current scenario in mind, Samsung will take over, as they've come up with very aggresive marketing plans & stratagies with newer models (even in CDMA)...

Nokia is over priced.

Last heard their global market share is down from 41% to 36% during 2009.

Nokia cuts phone prices as market growth returns

Nokia cut phone prices across its portfolio in late January, putting its cheapest smartphones on a collision course with mid-range phones from rivals Samsung and Sony Ericsson. Nokia said price changes were part of its normal, ongoing business. The world's top cellphone maker usually cuts prices across its portfolio a few times each year. Several industry sources told Reuters Nokia had cut prices by up to 10 percent.

After the price cut Nokia's cheapest smartphone model, the 5230, retails for around 170 euros (USD239) in Finland. The model's wholesale price is now below 120 euros. Demand for cheaper smartphones has helped the segment grow despite the recession, defying the broader, weaker industry trend. Sales jumped 30 percent in the October-December quarter according to research firm Strategy Analytics. Nokia said last week that revenue from smartphones jumped 26 percent in the quarter from the previous quarter to 3.9 billion euros, helping power its overall result. The average wholesale price of its smartphones dipped to 186 euros from 190 euros in the third quarter.

The falling prices have hurt handset vendors like Sony Ericsson, who have focused on mid-range or feature phones, which often boast good cameras or music players but lack computer-like open operating systems. These have been cheaper than smartphones, but the price difference is declining fast. "This latest round of price adjustments sees Nokia taking its low-cost Symbian devices into new territory," said Ben Wood, research director at CCS Insight, a British firm that tracks the wholesale prices of mobile phones in Europe.

Nokia's price cuts come as the industry returns to growth following a grim 2009 marked by recession-hit consumer demand. Nokia says it expects the cellphone market to grow 10 percent this year.

Nokia is and will remian market leader atleast till 2020..

If u cant see.. just feel one of thier handset E52 u will go crazy.. featured pack.. and lite on pocket..

Sad nokia left CDMA manufacturing under monopolistic GSM lobby pressure..

Though Chinese handsets are cheap but they will surely drive down the pricing from biggies.. as they use Pirated OS for their phones and give the benefit to End user..

i cannot agree with u more sadikk. people who dont know much bout nokia and are buying the handset for the first time trust nokia blindly.though they are off color lately am sure they will bounce back(am i speaking this out of love for the handset am goona buy from nokia ??the nokia n97 mini or are these my true words??)

i have nokia 3330 i have put new reliance GSM sim in it it askes for security code i have entered 1234and 12345 no use ihave not changed tthe codes . what should i do

dinesh

:previous:

security code is 5 digit.. if u have not changed then the default code should be 12345.

if u try wrong code for few times then the phone will not even accept the right code for some time.. i am not sure about this.. but switch it off for some time and then try 12345

Sad nokia left CDMA manufacturing under monopolistic GSM lobby pressure..

Interesting... any source for this ?

Guys, is this a fact ?

What about the LGs, Samsungs & Blackberrys in the future..

any idea about the launch of dual sim mobiles c1-00 and c2-00 in india

nokia had opted out of cdma due to some patent fee issue with cdma.. hence they sell only in US where no patent fee is applicable.

somehow i don't like nokia interface. its same old stuff and common on every phone, whether u buy instrument for 5k or 25k.. interface is same.

the topic may be getting duplicated