Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Utsav

Installing Rconnect Without Dialer S/w, Cd &...

This thread is meant for tweaking system Configuration as well as Modem Configuration to achieve the best of RConnect! Please post anything that you think or you have done to your PC to increase the Speed of Connection for RConnect.

I never use the RConnect Dialer software or Instalation CD to configure my PC for RConnect <_< I just install a new modem on the COM port by selecting the option "Don't Detect my Modem, I'll select it from the List" and Select Standard 33600bps Modem from Standard Modem Types under Windows 98SE OS. I must point out that the RConnect installer installs Standard 28800bps Modem from Standard Modem Types under Windows 98SE OS :clap: I'm of the opinion that I must use the modem that can attain more speed. But the Standard 56000bps Modem of three different categories from Standard Modem Types under Windows 98SE OS don't respond to calls when installed :(

nMdm.png

When the Modem Properties Dialog Box displays the Modem to be Installed...

pMdm.png

the Properties of the Modem can be configured for Optimum performance. Remember to Install the Modem to that COM port in which you'll be connecting your Cable :rolleyes: Also configure the modem for a speed of 115200 or may be for higher :unsure:

sMdm.png

Now you may create a new connection from Dial-Up Networking with your user name and password being the same as your mobile number preceded by STD code without leading zeros. The number to Dial is #777

cRC.png

After all these, you may configure the COM port the Modem is using from the Device Manager TAB under System Properties Dialog Box. I wonder why the COM port does not get configured automatically even though it was configured from the Modem properties dialogue box :wacko:

comFg.png

Anyway, that was all you need to know to configure your RConnect Connection under the Windows98SE OS. Please post ur comments for Optimising the PC and Modem now. You may check the Speed at which your connection is active at ZDNetIndia's How fast is your ISP application.

Edited by Utsav

it might help in increasing the speed and also reduce burden on the processor, since the modems internal processor will then handle the control signals coming to it ands going away from it, if Hardware is selected.

All other modes, will be processed by the CPU.

Well I don't think so. At least not in a very significant way.

Edited by Utsav

Won't that reduce the life of the modem then?

18114[/snapback]

:) It dosent work like that! Modems are not like IC engines ...actually even IC engines ...surprisingly those which run longer generally last longer! So the 'logic' isnt so 'linear'... ;)

Edited by raccoon

Hardware flow control increases error correction rate :) , thus giving better speed.

Guys, just to inform you that every time I install USB 2.0 support in Windows98SE, I get severe recurring problems in my PC while connecting to R-Connect with Samsung SCH N-191 through USB cable. Please post if you've ever faced the same!

Guys, just to inform you that every time I install USB 2.0 support in Windows98SE, I get severe recurring problems in my PC while connecting to R-Connect with Samsung SCH N-191 through USB cable. Please post if you've ever faced the same!

45604[/snapback]

Utsav,

The problem is with Windows 98. What brand motherboard do u use. If its Intel then there are updated drivers available in their website. If it is Asus or Gigabyte then i'm sorry to say that it's going to be a serious pain in the a**. But there is a much more easier solution; simply upgrade to Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP SP2 and ur problem solved. In case of Win2K u might still need the drivers, but trust me they are much more reliable than the Win9x ones. The Win9x USB 2.0 drivers more of emulates a hi speed USB 2.0 evironment than add actual support.

I hate to say stuff against Windows 98 u know. Windows 98 gives me a very nostalgic feeling of going back to the years I bought my first PC, a PIII (when it first came out) for 40k, with preinstalled 98SE(good 'ol days). I simply loved it. Even today, whilst using a Windows XP MCE & Windows 2003 I still miss Win98. The reason being Win98 is almost a hybrid between a 16bit and a 32bit OS, its too damn old and has limited support a new technology like USB 2.0(480 Mbps data transfer rate) and absolutely no support for technologies like HTT, SATA, PCIe etc. It's sad but for sake of technology we have got to put it to rest. :lol:

Sorry 4 the long lecture (but I get sooo emotional when talking about Windows 98 :lol: )

Follow this link to know more;

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...02august05.mspx

I used to use a 191 with a USB 2.0 connection. Worked perfect for me. With the dialer and without.

uh...guys, last time when I checked, Flow Control was to syncronise speeds between the ISP's server and your modem. It wont increase your error correction rate. And personally, with todays modern processors, it doesn't matter whether the Flow Control is handled by the modem or your CPU because it wont even take 0.005% of your CPU time.

Damn true mate .... Flow control .... many times this is what happens one modem in a connection is capable of sending data much faster than the other can receive. Flow control allows the receiving modem to tell the other to pause while it catches up. Flow control exists as either software, or XON/XOFF flow control, or hardware (RTS/CTS) flow control.

With software flow control, when a modem needs to tell the other to pause, it sends a certain character, usually Control-S. When it is ready to resume, it sends a different character, such as Control-Q. Software flow control's only advantage is that it can use a serial cable with only three wires. Since software flow control regulates transmissions by sending certain characters, line noise could generate the character commanding a pause, thus hanging the transfer until the proper character (such as Control-Q) is sent.

Also, binary files must never be sent using software flow control, as binary files can contain the control characters. Hardware, or RTS/CTS, flow control uses wires in the modem cable or, in the case of internal modems, hardware in the modem. This is faster and much more reliable than software flow control.

and that is precisely why some people feel that Hardware error control is better or faster

Cheers

Ashok

Ok...if we apply the same logic, there can be noise on the RTS/CTS lines which may cause the modem to send wrong control signals. This may also slow down the transfers. As for transmission of binary files, well, I think all binary files are UUEncoded or some other "binary safe" format...

I bought new USB DATA Cable for Rconnect. ( I have Serial Cable, that's still working) There is no software for that cable, can someone show me where I get drivers and Rconnect software for it. (It's not original cable, box name is "Microsim USB Data Cable" for LG RD 2030) Someone please help me out :unsure:

I bought new USB DATA Cable for Rconnect. ( I have Serial Cable, that's still working) There is no software for that cable, can someone show me where I get drivers and Rconnect software for it. (It's not original cable, box name is "Microsim USB Data Cable" for LG RD 2030) Someone please help me out :)

48265[/snapback]

Here is the link

For Windows XP: http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/RCZip...rd_2030_usb.zip

For Windows 98: http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/RCZip...rd_2030_usb.zip

Check these driver and share ur experience with us.

Thanks and Take Care!

Here is the link

For Windows XP: http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/RCZip...rd_2030_usb.zip

For Windows 98: http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/RCZip...rd_2030_usb.zip

Check these driver and share ur experience with us.

Thanks and Take Care!

48292[/snapback]

After installing driver & restart, I get message like connect the usb cable to phone , then next button is NOT activating for setup. I attempted many time. Still failed. :P

Hai, :P

Try Prolific Drivers  or  Ark Mircro.

These are the Mostly used By Local Manufacturers.. :thumb:

Hyd Ladka.. :lol:

48350[/snapback]

Thanks Ladka, But I already received USB Driver CD with DATA Cable. It's called "USB to Serial Bridge" But there is no RIM Dialer software on that CD:( How to work on this now? ( I tried the steps given on this form, but failed )