Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dkaile

All Incoming Message Date Showing Year 2016?

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY

I AM ALSO FACING THIS ISSUE SINCE JAN 1. but i thought it was due to my device or os. If some one finds a permanent soln post it please until we have to stay on the temporary fix

^

this fix can be treated as permanent as many networks like verizon use this by default.... till something better comes along...

How come i was spared? Something to do with ROM?

^

yes, your rom has this entry built in; check it....

How come i was spared? Something to do with ROM?

what rom r u using.......

At first I thought that I was hungover from the new years party, but 6 days from 1st Jan 2010, I am still receiving SMSs with the year showing as 2016 on my HTC Touch Pro. also confirmed with some other friends using different HTC phones, same problem exists. Any idea guys, do you also face the same prob.

Update: Just spoke to Reliance Customer Care, as usual they are clueless and asked me visit some HTC service center.

Edited by Hellangelo

Topic is already running -

mods may merge...

Is this thing happening on stock ROMs or the whacked up ROMs? Whacked up ROMs have various others ways to come back and bite you ...

Strangely it is also happening on stock ROMs

Topic is already running -

mods may merge...

<< Topic Merged >>

The solution works there is one more cab running you can try if other is not working for you

Here it is Y2K16_Bug_Fix_App_Installer.CAB

install - reboot - and all new sms will have current 2010 date - you can not change old ones.

Hi,

I too am facing this year 2016 bug in my mogul. Thought must be something with my device since it did not seem to be a network issue. Will try one of the cabs floating around.

@ Genius : Doc, i tried installing the .cab file provided by you but in vain, after successful installation & rebooting, the incoming messages still shows 2016..

@ dhirajji : Sir, i tried the steps mentioned by you also in one of my devices but nothing worked out.. still the messages are coming with date stamp as "2016".. earlier, i installed .net Compact Framework & installed the Y2K16 Bug Fix CAB too, but nothing happened with that too.. Pls help..

^

this is working perfectly on our windows mobile phones of cdma... r u trying on cdma or gsm?

^

this is working perfectly on our windows mobile phones of cdma... r u trying on cdma or gsm?

Sir, i tried the mentioned fixes on my official HTC P3000 aka HTC Wave. Its with Original ROM without any tweaks & softwares except SPB Backup & Resco Explorer with Registry addin.. am still working on it.. may be i'm missing out something.. thanks..

Thanks Dhiraj, Your procedure worked.

But the cab file given by Genius does not work on my TP updated sprint rom

ahh... finally it happened.. both of my 3000s are back on track.. was doing a minor mistake.. the problem was with the entry made by using Resco as guided by dhirajji.. it was a matter of Hex & Dec.. thanks dhirajji.. +1 for you.. you are a saviour.. :signthankspin:

thanks a lot dhiraj.. i was thinking all thsi while that it was the error in my touch pro only!!! u solved the problem... :signthankspin:

If this issue is completely solved then great, but I thought since no one mentioned I d like

to add that for Touch Pro based on Sprint. There is a hot fix given by HTC itself

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-pro-sprint/downloads/