Go Vegan

34 members have voted

1. 1. I am a ....

• Vegan [no animal products]
    • Vegetarian [Lacto / Ovo]
    • Non - Vegetarian

now he will say use wooden chappals

what about belt, wallet ???

i dont use leather.. heard about pleather - artifical leather, i have reduced usage of rubber and plastics too.. i am also trying to create awareness on plastic pollution.

i already agreed i am not perfect.. but before laughing/criticizing others, just think "AM I PERFECT ?"

you people are actually helping me to become perfect telling me the products linked with animals.. thanks..

u cant live ur life completely animal free

its impractical

so now will u stop taking medicines as well when u fall sick??

may be i can live upto 80% animal free.. but that is not a reason for others to live 0% animal free.. try what ever possible for you..

think positive, animal cruelty free world is possible..

btw i have moved to homeopathy..

Edited by savramesh

Bhai, using basic law of physics to justify Non-veg theory. M really impressed. In my whole 4 years of engineering, i never thought of such an innvoation.

+1 for you bro. Wish Einstein could read this!! He will be damn delighted.Riendo.gifRiendo.gif

It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely physical effect on the human temperament would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.

Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.

So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.

- Albert Einstein

it appears from his writings that he was a proponent of vegetarianism for some uncertain number of years but only practiced it himself for the last year of his life.

we are very happy that you are a vegetarian and I agree that vegetarianism is more healthy also...

I just request you not to force others to turn to your choice...

Be Happy in what you like best.... Let others be happy in what they like best...

PEACE....

thanks sir. i dont want to force others.. but i will surely request everyone.. everyone should know whats behind.. its up to you eating veg or non-veg.. looking forward some PEACE to animals too..

In the past 50 years, fishers have exterminated 90 percent of large fish populations.

World's Fish Supply Running Out, Researchers Warn

-------------------------

Understanding disease and what we can do to preserve health.

Disease is a survival mechanism. It is the body’s way of informing us that something is wrong, something needs to be changed. One way of getting rid of the disease is to say, “shut up” to your body rather than listen. This is easily done by taking pain-killers or other symptom suppressing medications. A backache may be a warning that a certain movement will obstruct healing. By taking a painkiller and ignoring that warning, one may end up with a chronic complaint.

The best results are obtained when we follow nature rather than oppose it. When we consider the meaning of disease it transforms from being a hindrance, to being a path to personal growth. To follow the path we may have to change something radically.

One of the reasons human beings are prone to so many diseases is that we are far removed from our natural state. Often the solution is to revert to this natural state.

The most common causes of disease are -

1. Wrong eating habits

2. Stress

3. Environmental conditions

(Bacteria, virus and parasites can only infect a weak host and are therefore not the cause but the results of disease).

Of all these the easiest to change is our eating habits.

A look at our anatomy makes it obvious that we are predominantly herbivorous. Our dentition, our long intestinal tract and our absence of claws are evidence. All carnivores drink by lapping, and herbivores by gulping. We drink by gulping. We are descendents of apes that are predominantly herbivorous but can also eat insects and small animals. During evolution the mind is much quicker to adapt than the body. We have developed new and varied eating habits by means of our mind but our bodies lag behind in adapting to this new diet.

The best way to regain health is to revert to our natural diet.[/b] One of the most unnatural, foods in our diet is milk and milk products. Humans are the only animals that drink milk after infancy and that take another animals milk.] Cow’s milk contains 2 times the protein and 3 times the fat of human milk since cows grow to full size much faster than we do. Protein is a growth food. By logic, at no time in our lives should we need more protein as a percentage of our diet than in infancy. Calcium and protein are basic components of each and every living cell in the universe. Its no wonder the cow is able to make protein and calcium rich milk from her diet of grass.

Reverting to a 100 % natural diet alone is a cure for diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and many forms of allergies including asthma, constipation, indigestion, arthritis and gout, and other diseases. Just as the herbivorous cow succumbs to BSE (mad cow disease) when fed slaughterhouse by-products, so we too suffer from diseases through eating foods not meant for our species.

........... so we too suffer from diseases through eating foods not meant for our species.

Can you please let us know what are the food which are meant for “Homo sapiens” and who concluded this and under what basis the judgment was made. is it on the basis of Science / Spiritual / Humanitarian / personal thoughts

"Reverting to a 100 % natural diet alone is a cure for diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and many forms of allergies including asthma, constipation, indigestion, arthritis and gout, and other diseases."

3 people are going to be out of job and can become full time mods in this forum (paid) Dr K M Mufadal / Dr Gagan / Dr Vinay (me)

I never understood what is 100% natural diet, can it be milk or egg and so can be onion and garlic

Edited by Genius

last few pages of this topic is just turning out to be a funny fantasy of people who wanna crib about non veg

@vinay

no point argiung

seems like much of dicussion /speculations are unscientific anyways

btw i have so many frends who are vegetarians , but when they out with us they eat non veg more than us

seems like nowadays people who follow veg diet are as it is very less

today even if someone tells u they are vegetarian still u cant be sure what he actually eats when no one is there to watch him

been medical professionals we know that been animal free is impossible , its like living in fools paradise

rather than that , follow whatever u want and whatever makes u happy

but if u are cribbing abt something then atleast present proper facts , something which holds water

rather than arguing abt stupid veg non veg discussion , we shud create awareness abt alcohol and tobacco consumption

i would have really appreciated if this topic was abt forcing people to quit smoking or to quit alcohol

that is more important

Edited by Mufaddal
  • Like 1

^^^^ true i am a Strict Veg when i am @ home but when i am out i can have a piece of N-vg but if i am out of India where fish is considered as Veg i am survive on any thing, many hardcore vegis @ home who dont eat garlic or onion go feasting on chicken on Sunday without there family's knowledge.

One more thing i find funny _ : "aaj Mangalwar (tuesday) hai mai chicken nahi khaunga nahi drinks lunga"

Eat what ever - be happy about it

^ lolzzz @ doc...

hmm..

Please consider ALL the following factors while choosing your food..

Suitable for Digestive system ..

Health benefits ..

Resources - water, land etc..

Torture behind ..

Food crisis ..

Global warming ..

^^^

itana sochana padega :Confuso:

better not to eat !

hmm..

Please consider ALL the following factors while choosing your food..

Suitable for Digestive system ..

Health benefits ..

Resources - water, land etc..

Torture behind ..

Food crisis ..

Global warming ..

I think most of the time we only think about the taste of the food that we are eating rather than it's nutritional value or above mentioned factors ...

BTW ... I am Veg but sometimes I don't mind eating products that have egg in it ...

@Savramesh

What do you say about cow/buffalo milk ? Is that digestible although infact being the food of its calf ? So which means now we can digest animal food too ..

I read some option in the poll which says Lacto/OVO.. which maybe points to the same.

Well, Meneka Gandhi is against that too, calling it non-veg with some theory best know to her..

So shall we too have mother's milk all our life ? Or have no milk ? Tea/Coffee ?

Edited by ACS

looking at votes

more people are for non veg

and least are for vegans

:previous:

thats because of less awareness about veganism.. how many of you are vegan/vegetarian/non-veg because of your personal choice after knowing all the factors that i have mentioned earlier.. most of the people just follows what others do.. or they are taught what to eat and what not to eat..

@Savramesh

What do you say about cow/buffalo milk ? Is that digestible although infact being the food of its calf ? So which means now we can digest animal food too ..

Read this article please

every mammal milks to feed its infant.. if human naturally needed milk throughout his life then nature would have made his mother milks all the time. because of unnecessary milk need we impregnates cows frequently and make it milk for us treating cow as a milking machine..

Edited by savramesh

i understand that most of the people find difficult to avoid non-veg for any reason..

seems like nowadays people who follow veg diet are as it is very less

many middle aged and old age people have turned to veg for health reasons.. i have noted them going to veg sections in parties..

we shud create awareness abt alcohol and tobacco consumption

i would have really appreciated if this topic was abt forcing people to quit smoking or to quit alcohol

that is more important

+1 for this.. i am there to support you..

Edited by savramesh

every mammal milks to feed its infant.. if human naturally needed milk throughout his life then nature would have made his mother milks all the time. because of unnecessary milk need we impregnates cows frequently and make it milk for us treating cow as a milking machine..

But what can we do without milk in daily life?

That means we now need to imitate the West by having black tea/coffee/bournvita etc.

Although i feel very sorry for the impregnated cows here.. i do.

Even if ppl follow your ideology, Milk may be eradicated from human diet only after 30-40 years..

alternatives for cow's milk - soya milk, coconut milk, rice milk, peanut milk, wheat milk..

^^^^ I think Soya is the best & healthiest replacement..

Provided it tastes good & is compatible with Milkshake/Tea/Coffee..

But ppl having nut allergies will be affected by the above..

Friends

Not sure on how many of you will agree with me.....This is a eco cycle and just by we turning vegetarian do you feel the nature is going to change, we humans are Omnivores....Have you ever heared people eating Tigers....Lions....but these are the animals which are dying soon for other reasons, where as the population of Hen / Goat / Sheep etc has never come down, because this is getting breeded across....Just because we are eating them, if we dont eat, will you breed it at home...that will also soon be a species which has to be seen only on a school book.

Lets concentrate on a better topic instead of discussing about this, lets focus on how to make this planet greener, how to save trees, how to concerve energy, how to save papers n so on which would be productive

Am sure this is not the forum to discuss even that.

This forum is created for something else I believe.

Survival of the Fittest.....I think this would be a better word to say....everybody is depending on something / somebody to survive. If we are speaking about a animal which is getting killed for the sake of food, how many of us just for the sake of our career kick somebody else...is it not survival of the fittest...Just have a look at the pictures...it would expalin better.

Leave all these arguments and dialogues and live in peace, enjoy life. "All iz well"

post-28104-12666600761_thumb.jpg

post-28104-12666600919_thumb.jpg

untitled.bmp

In the past 50 years, fishers have exterminated 90 percent of large fish populations.

World's Fish Supply Running Out, Researchers Warn.

Meat eating contributes to Deforestation, global warming etc..

You can’t be a meat eating environmentalist

if you are really concerned about planet earth then go vegan today..

Edited by savramesh
  • Like 1

I sometimes enjoy your counter-arguments.. but it shouldn't be of extreme nature like:

No Cooked food

Go for Plastic shoes/slippers

No cows milk

Choose alternate Oils & Medicines etc.

This is what peeves off few members & they may scoff at your Topics..

i dont say no cooked foods.. i request to stop meat eating..

i dont say use plastic/rubber shoes.. i request to stop using leather..

Yes say no to cows milk, u have healthy alternatives for that..

Try your best to avoid animal products.. if u love animals..

i know why people :Contento: @ me being a vegan.. its humans nature, that always the majority dominates the minorities.. if this thread was about veg vs non-veg.. more people would have supported me.. now when it comes to vegan, even veg people started laughing at me... because they are majorities compared to vegan.. and no one is ready to change their eating habits for any reason.. i am not fighting for myself, but for you, for animals, for world..

and u know why people gets irritated by my posts, its because they find difficult to be a meat-eater and milk drinker after reading my posts.. so they try to shut my mouth.. :Equivocado:

i know in today's world no one can be 100% vegan including me.. because we have made ourself unnecessarily dependent on animals everywhere.. i request you all to do whatever possible for you.. its good for u, animals and nature.. :signthankspin:

bizarro_uppity_human_cousins42209.gif

Edited by savramesh
  • Like 3

i think now this is getting a bit too far fetched

i think now we should focuss more on technical discussions