• Vegan [no animal products]
    • Vegetarian [Lacto / Ovo]
    • Non - Vegetarian

what are the differences between

1. Vegan [no animal products]
  2. Vegetarian [Lacto / Ovo]

i think both are same! correct me if i am wrong

Edited by hitesh123

The polling options are still not accurate.. i dont know what to choose.

Plz try Hitesh's suggestions..

Edited by ACS

what are the differences between

1. Vegan [no animal products]
  2. Vegetarian [Lacto / Ovo]

i think both are same! correct me if i am wrong

Vegan - means absolutely no animal products. incl. milk,cheese etc.

Lacto Vegans - have milk products but nothing else.

Ovo Vegans - Only animal product they use are eggs. No other meat products

The polling options are accurate..

Thanks SRK for explanation..

Veganism is a diet and lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Vegans endeavor not to use or consume animal products of any kind.

i think i am the only vegan here..

thanks for clarification, even you are not pure vegan !!

do you use toothpaste ?

do you shave ?

do you use soap / shampoo ?

do you use oil or ghee ?

I am strictly..................................... non-veg :P

Edited by dkaile

^^^

thoda veg bhi khaya karo skin aachi rahegi, (look at you photo )........just kidding !

thanks for clarification, even you are not pure vegan !!

do you use toothpaste ?

do you shave ?

do you use soap / shampoo ?

do you use oil or ghee ?

i am trying to be pure vegan..

i dont shave, only trimming.. thats my style..

i use ayurvedic paste and soap..

Which oil ?

i do not use ghee, butter, cheese, milk sweets, sugar, biscuits and all other milk products..

also trying to find out whats behind of each and every product i use..

some animal cruelty free companies in India

VLCC

Lotus Herbals

Himalaya

Surya Brasil

^^^

my freind u r trying to be too rational

if u think that products u use arent derived from animals think again

whatever u use , be it herbal , ayurvedic or bla bla , all has some or other source coming from animals

though the companies selling them will never tell u , they like to keep us in fools paradise

too much rationalism dries up the beautiful river of life

anyways its ur choice what u choose and what makes u happy

:previous:

bro, i understand it.. atleast it will help to reduce animal cruelty..

also animal free products are possible. we have to bring awareness and raise voice against animal cruelty.

i am happy to do anything good for animals as well as humans..

i request everyone to try knowing the scene behind each and everything that happens atleast to you..

Edited by savramesh

^^^

I was trying to say same thing ! thanks for explaining .

i think he is going toooo00000oo far with this Vegan thing.

Ramesh ji if you dont use oil, ghee to cook food then what kind of food do you eat ?

now i think vegan = sadhu baba (a holly person)

:previous:

which oil u are talking about ?

Edited by savramesh

i am talking about both oils, eating and for your hair

i understand the cruelity isnt justified ,

this is nature , one animal eats another animal to survive

no one can stop the flow of nature

this is my view on subject

What a wonderful opinion i think every one needs to understand that life is a flow of energy as we know it, and depends upon passing from one to other. Since has proven that the amount of energy in the world remains the same it only gets transferred from one form to another. you can not create it it only gets shifted from one form to another.

So for us to survive we need food as energy source, it can be:

Non-Veg (some thing that walks and can cry)

Veg (something that can't walk and can't cry)

If another form exist please update me, so if we want to live as well do then we need food, in previous videos you all have seen butchery by ruthless, people which is i am against of,

Has any one asked how does it feels to be cut by a knife to a Reddish or a carrot or any other vegetable, just because they cant walk or cry we cant see there suffering, we as humans an see suffring only in some one with eyes and mouth,

If God (as we know him) wanted us to not to eat some ting he would hav put poison or something on it,

EATING NON VEG IS NOT BAD CRUELTY IS

WE should be thankful in what we are eating in both the forms, and i didnt like the idea of showing harsh material of meat to dis-harten some one who relish it, even some one will vomit is he goes to see rotten vegetables,

Going Vegan is all Soul it dosen't matter what you eat, being thankful to what ever you eat is Vegan,

If you kill it Eat it......

My Opinion...........

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

Has any one asked how does it feels to be cut by a knife to a Reddish or a carrot or any other vegetable, just because they cant walk or cry we cant see there suffering, we as humans an see suffring only in some one with eyes and mouth,

why cant we take it this way.. nature did not want us to feel the pain of killing plants, fruits and vegetables, so they were created without mouth, eyes etc..

but i believe in any destruction of life beyond the need of ones survival is violence.. be it plants/trees..

Also one who consumes non-veg is indirectly depending on plants.. plants->animals->human

i directly depend on plant based food.. this way i can reduce cruelty to plants too..

a vegetarian diet is still preferable to a meat-based one, since the vast majority of grains and pulses raised today are used as feed for cattle. By eating vegetables directly, rather than eating animals such as cows who must consume 16 kilos of vegetation in order to convert them into 1 kilo of flesh, one is saving many more plants' lives (and destroying less land).

It is impossible to live your life without causing some harm; we’ve all accidentally stepped on ants or breathed in gnats, but that doesn’t mean we should intentionally cause unnecessary harm. Just because you might accidentally hit someone with your car is no reason to run someone over on purpose.

^^^

lol man keep it up

u seem to be too obsessed with vegan thingy

u creating lot of new theories

btw have u seen a lion hunting in wild

does he caress its prey when he kills it

no , he kills it with lof of cruelty , sometimes even starts eating when prey is still alive

thats mother nature , coz thats what nature has made him to do

inspite of millions of people consuming meat , have u seen cows , goats, chickens getting extinct

no , coz thats mother nature again

once again i say samething eating non veg is not bad and is a very heatlthy and complete source of nutrition

what we humans shud do , is not torture animals in machines , but thats not going to happen , this is industrial world where money matters most

//btw have u seen a lion hunting in wild does he caress its prey when he kills it

thats mother nature , coz thats what nature has made him to do //

agreed, but i believe mother nature did not create humans to follow the same...

//what we humans shud do , is not torture animals in machines , but thats not going to happen , this is industrial world where money matters most //

the only way to stop torture is to stop using products coming out of tortures.. where there is a will there is a way..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Animals kill other animals for food, so why shouldn’t we?’

Most of the animals who kill for food could not survive if they didn’t. That is not the case for us. We are better off not eating meat. Many other animals are vegetarians, including some of our closest primate relatives. Why don’t we look to them as our example instead of to carnivores?

‘The animals have to die sometime, don’t they?’

Humans do, too, but that doesn’t give you the right to kill them or to cause them a lifetime of suffering.

‘Vegetarianism is a personal choice, isn’t it? Why are you trying to force it on everyone else?’

From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. Murder, child abuse and cruelty to animals are all immoral. Our society now encourages meat-eating and the cruelties of factory farming, but history teaches that society also once encouraged slavery, child labour and many other practices now universally recognised as wrong.

‘What will we do with all those chickens, cows and pigs if everyone becomes a vegetarian?’

It’s unrealistic to expect that everyone will stop eating animals overnight. As the demand for meat decreases, the number of animals bred will decrease. Farmers will stop breeding so many animals and will turn to other types of agriculture. When there are fewer of these animals, they will be able to live more natural lives.

‘If everyone switches to vegetables and grains, will there be enough to eat?’

Yes. We feed so much grain to animals in order to fatten them up for consumption that if we all became vegetarians, we could produce enough food to feed the entire world. In the US, for example, animals are fed more than 80 percent of the corn the US grows and more than 95 percent of the oats. The world's cattle alone consume a quantity of food equal to the caloric needs of 8.7 billion people—more than the entire human population on Earth.

‘Don’t vegetarians have difficulty getting enough protein?’

The problem is the possibility of getting too much protein, not too little. Most meat-eaters get about seven times as much protein as they need! Vegetarians can get enough protein from whole wheat bread, potatoes, beans, corn, peas, mushrooms or broccoli—almost every food contains protein. Unless you eat a great deal of junk food, it's almost impossible to eat as many calories as we need for good health without getting enough protein.

By contrast, too much protein is the major cause of osteoporosis and contributes to kidney failure and other diseases of affluence.

‘Don’t humans have to eat meat to stay healthy?’

Both the US Department of Agriculture and the American Dietetic Association have endorsed vegetarian diets. Studies have also shown that vegetarians have stronger immune systems than meat-eaters and that meat-eaters are almost twice as likely to die of heart disease, 60 percent more likely to die of cancer and 30 percent more likely to die of other diseases. The consumption of meat and dairy products has been conclusively linked with diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, clogged arteries, obesity, asthma and impotence.

‘Isn’t eating meat natural? Hasn’t it been going on for thousands of years? Aren’t our bodies designed to eat meat?’

Actually, human bodies are better suited to a vegetarian diet. Carnivorous animals have long, curved fangs, claws and a short digestive tract. Humans have flat, flexible nails and our so-called ‘canine’ teeth are minuscule compared to those of carnivores and even compared to vegetarian primates like gorillas and orangutans. Our tiny canine teeth are better suited to biting into fruits than tearing through tough hides. We have flat molars and a long digestive tract suited to a diet of vegetables, fruits and grains. Eating meat is hazardous to our health; it contributes to heart disease, cancer and many other health problems.

‘What’s wrong with drinking milk? Don’t dairy cows need to be milked?’

In order for a cow to produce milk, she must have a calf. ‘Dairy cows’ are impregnated every year in order to keep up a steady supply of milk. In the natural order of things, the cow’s calf would drink her milk (eliminating her need to be milked by humans). But dairy cows’ babies are taken away within a day or two of birth so that humans can have the milk nature intended for their calves. Female dairy calves may be slaughtered immediately or raised to be future dairy cows. Male dairy calves may be killed immediately or are confined to tiny veal crates too small for them even to turn around in.

The current high demand for dairy products requires that cows be pushed beyond their natural limits, genetically engineered and fed growth hormones in order to produce huge quantities of milk. Even the few farmers who choose not to raise animals intensively must both eliminate the calf (who would otherwise drink the milk) and eventually send the mother off to slaughter or release her into the street after her milk production wanes.

1.jpg

Have a question? read the following FAQ's

faqs 1.doc

faqs.doc

Still have a question, i will help to find the answer...

btw someone voted for Veganism, can i know who is that ?

Sorry for posting too many things.. i am going out of station and will be back on Friday.. Thanks friends...