1. 1. I am a ....

• Vegan [no animal products]
    • Vegetarian [Lacto / Ovo]
    • Non - Vegetarian

:previous:

:clap:

you are trying very hard,

^^^

I cant see this kind of stuff , , , i start vomiting . . .

^^^ I am a vegan. :)

thats great.. When did u change to vegan ? or born in vegan family ? how is ur vegan life ?

well, My family is not strictly vegan. Some eat meat while others don't. I remember when young, I was given meat and fish to taste, but I never liked it more than one bite. :arghhhh:

I have been a vegan ever since. though when confronted with inevitable situation (like No Veg while on tour etc.), I can settle for eggs; but no meat!

and being a vegan - Its both a boon and a bane. Boon, since I feel vegan is the default way of human diet, the nutritional and health benefit of having less oily and spicy foods.

bane, as sometimes I feel I am left with the same food items again and again no real choice!! :sob: :sob:

Born Vegan Here !

• Like 1

bane, as sometimes I feel I am left with the same food items again and again no real choice!! :sob: :sob:

Try this recipes cookbook

Born Vegan Here !

Good to know..

@Savramesh - Nice to see u inspire people to go veg Bro!

But i was juz thinking, isn't it a Chain thing with Man on top of it.

Juz assume, a lion juz can't live on grass. Those species are meant to eat Meat. I do agree that we can live on veggie food but if nature wanted us to live on veg only, it would have designed our stomach not to digest Non-vegeterian food.

On a one to one basis, I think that we are supposed to be beings who can eat veg as well as non-veg food.

i agree lions cant live on grass.. lion eating meat is natural.

humans do not eat meat naturally.. they cook it and eat..and their digestive system is not designed to digest uncooked meat.

nature wanted us to live on veg food thats why we dont get natural cooked meat foods.. cooking came out of our intelligence and u know what all we eat..

humans are just like all other living species... humans are not super beings but being human is super..

previous.gif

Agreed...but still folks in china and definately on "Man vs Wild", i have seen Bear Grylls eat raw meat!!

Pl correct if i m wrong!

previous.gif

Agreed...but still folks in china and definately on "Man vs Wild", i have seen Bear Grylls eat raw meat!!

Pl correct if i m wrong!

When you have nothing else to eat, you can eat anything. ;)

Bear himself promots to go Veg as the main diet. This is taken from his site...

His diet is based mainly on wholefoods. He tries to eat five times a day, with a wide selection of good fruit and veg, wholegrains (pasta, rice), potatoes, soya, nuts, avocados, honey, lentils, beans, quinoa, and masses of oats! He tries to avoid, as much as he can, too much animal produce, ie: dairy, eggs, meat, and white sugar, white flour, processed or junk food.

Its a television program.. they do anything to bring our attention.. check this.. there are even people who eats light bulb, tube lights etc..

Ramesh sahab, aap rimweb ko vegetarian banake rahoge !

The Best Foods For Bones: Fruits and Vegetables

Green Vegetables, beans, tofu, sesame seeds, and even oranges contain lots of usable calcium, without the problems associated with dairy. Keep in mind that you retain the calcium better and just do not need as much when you don't consume a diet heavy in animal products and sodium, sugar, and caffeine.

Many green vegetables have calcium-absorption rates of over 50 percent, compared with about 32 percent for milk. Additionally, since animal protein induces calcium excretion in urine, the calcium retention from vegetables is higher. All green vegetables are high in calcium.

The American "chicken and pasta" diet style is significantly low in calcium, so adding dairy as a calcium source to this mineral-poor diet makes superficial sense---it is certainly better than no calcium in the diet. However, much more than just calcium is missing. The only reason cow's milk is considered such an important source of calcium, is that the American diet is centered on animal foods, refined grains, and sugar, all of which are devoid of calcium. Any healthy diet containing a reasonable amount of unrefined plant foods will have sufficient calcium without milk.

Fruits and vegetables strengthen bones. Researchers have found that those who eat the most fruits and vegetables have denser bones. These researchers concluded that not only are fruits and vegetables rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, and other nutrients essential for bone health, but, because they are alkaline, not acid-producing, they do not induce urinary calcium loss. Green vegetables in particular, have a powerful effect on reducing hip fractures, for they are rich not only in calcium but in other nutrients, such as vitamin K, which is crucial for bone health.

@ savramesh,

:thumb::clap::clap1::praise::rockon::hi2:

Great Topic, good information. Hope many RWians turn vegan or veg. All the best.

:previous: Thanks Sir

if i could make everyone in the world to see one film, then i would make them see EARTHLINGS..

FOR THOSE WHO WATCH EARTHLINGS, THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME..

Earthlings is a 2005 multi-award-winning documentary about speciesism; written, produced, and directed by Shaun Monson, and co-produced by Persia White. The film was narrated by Hollywood actor and animal rights activist Joaquin Phoenix. Earthlings also features a score by musician and activist Moby.

Earthlings is a documentary about human dependence on animals for pets, food, clothing, entertainment and experimentation.

Earthlings Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqp1BpiLaRE

EARTHLINGS Documentary video

well everything has good and bad side , every coin has two sides

i understand the cruelity isnt justified , but this is what our modern world or i should say industrialised society has become

i m a carnivore and will stay a carnivore , coz i know and i believe humans are meant to eat and digest both veg and non veg food , our digestive systems are fully meant to digest long chain amino acids found in non veg

infact there are some essential vitamins like b12 and trace elements like chromium which have good source in non veg

what i totally agree is that the cruelity on animals isnt justified , but lets accept the fact , people are not going to stop eating non veg , and since that is not going to happen , this industrial way to torturing animals will continue

this is nature , one animal eats another animal to survive

no one can stop the flow of nature

eating non veg isnt inhuman behaviour , but the ways these industries operate is inhuman

as to what our ancestors used to eat , no one can say for sure

but yes as far i i have read , reports say that they used to consume animal products

this is my view on subject

Eating meat contributes to global warming..

Vitamin B12 is exclusively synthesised by bacteria and all fortified breakfast cereals, fortified soya milk, vitamin B12 supplements are a particularly valuable source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians and vegans..

Healthy life is very much possible in Veg..

Humans can digest cooked meat.. that does not mean we are meant to eat meat naturally.. bcoz cooked meat is not naturally available.. Human physical body was not designed to attack animals for food..

I agree, to live we have to kill another living thing.. by going veg we can reduce plant cruelty too..

many little drops make an ocean.. Go Veg..

^^^

Add poll to this topic,

1) Only VEG

2) Both Non-Veg & Veg

3) Veg+ EGG

my rimweb friends voting on non-veg will disappoint me.. :NOTriste:

anyways if voting is required then i will add it..

^^^ yes, add a poll. Just to see the majority preference of rimweb. :)