Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

Tata Does It Again. No.1 For 5Th Consecutive Month

TTSL remains unbeatable for fifth consecutive month

Tata Teleservices (TTSL) added 3.3 million new subscribers in the month of December thereby marking the fifth consecutive month when the dual tech operator has emerged as the number one operator in terms of subscriber additions for the month.

TTSLs 3.3 million is ahead of 2.8 million added by RCom in the same month.

Precisely, TTSL added 3,336,476 new subscribers in December 2009. In November too it had added 3.3 million subscribers.

Anil Sardana, Managing Director of Tata Teleservices Limited, said on the occasion, It is extremely gratifying to emerge as the top grosser in the industry in terms of new subscriber additions, for the fifth consecutive month. We thank and appreciate every subscribers faith on us as an efficient service providerthis achievement further affirms our goal to constantly improve and provide world-class products and offering to our subscribers. Infact with a consecutive lead for the fifth month, we have moved a position ahead, now being the fifth largest telecom operator in the industry with over 57 million subscriber base at the end of December 09 this achievement itself is a testimony to the efforts that have been put into making our network and services the best in the industry.

In the recent past, we have announced some fantastic products and offerssuch as Buddy Net which allows Tata DOCOMO prepaid subscribers to create and keep in touch within their community at unbeatable tariffs. Postpay @ your doorstep, where in a customer can readily get access to a postpay connection, at his doorstep with expert guidance from Tata DOCOMO. From the Tata Indicom stable, customers have the innovative Pay Per Call Flexi Plan, an offer that takes the revolutionary Pay Per Call concept to a whole new level. The Pay Per Call Flexi Plan provides the customer the power of flexible billing, optimizing customer spends for both short- and long-duration calls. Clearly, these are times for extreme innovation and we are glad that our offerings are being adopted by subscribers in a big way, Mr. Sardana added.

TTSL is inching closer to Idea in mobile subscribers.

:clap: :clap:

RCOM as expected finished second this month due to 'simply reliance' initiative.

source :: http://telecomtiger.com/Wireless_fullstory.aspx?passfrom=breakingnews&storyid=8219&section=S216

Previous months' topics.

Edited by kesav

Tatas....

If this trend is continued for Jan'10 Tatas would overtake Idea also this month itself!! 

I dont know why RIM not performing too good,though it have most compitative tariff in all segment.???

:previous: Maybe because RCom still seems to enjoy a pretty poor image in most people's minds? Also, the GSM network needs a lot of improvement. But then even Docomo's network reviews don't seem to be too great.

The gap between the 2nd and 1st is still fairly large. I'd love to see the day when Airtel is unseated from its top position.

The gap between the 2nd and 1st is still fairly large. I'd love to see the day when Airtel is unseated from its top position.

Sure, it is going to happen in a year or two... How many months Fake activations will help a company?? :rofl_200:

Jokes apart, the first position will be taken away from Airtel by either RCom or Tatas... In next month, I think BSNL will over take Idea and Docomo will overtake them both...

I dont know why RIM not performing too good,though it have most compitative tariff in all segment.???

TATA is marketing it as "DOCOMO" which is & sounds different from their CDMA service which is marketed as TATA CDMA service. this has struck in peoples mind. whereas reliance is marketing both CDMA & GSM together & hence there is no USP in their marketing strategy for GSM. also, since most of the people prefer GSM, they are seeing something different in DOCOMO & are opting for it.

Dear Friend

The time of Reliance growth is over . They are getting result of their dishonesty and worst

connectivity .Its connectivity is a nightmare in UP

TATA has a better image in people's minds. Think Dhirubhai and the mind is filled with images....

That seems true... but I'm not sure if that image is just an image or for real. There are tons and tons of complaints from Tata subscribers on the net...

I have used the service for about a day, and happy with my decision to opt for their pay per call plan. Lets see how my experience turns out to be.

tata seems to be an eg of slow n steady wins the race

The information provided in the first post(as per article from Telecomtiger) of the thread is wrong with respect to numbers especially about BSNL.

I¡¦ve removed those wrong informative attachments.

Here is the official link to the subscriber data as on Dec 31st.

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/PressReleases/721/Pr27jan2010no8.pdf

From the first look it may look like TATA & Idea are closer to BSNL.

In actual, BSNL does not operate in lucrative market of Mumbai & Delhi.

In that case we've to add MTNL subscribers to BSNL for comparing against other operators.

BSNL and MTNL have monopoly in wireline segment which we're not considering.

If we consider all the above points and calculate the strength of PSU, they're way ahead of even Reliance.

Very important milestone in the history of PSU(BSNL+MTNL) is fast approaching, they're nearing the magical figure of 100 million.

In fact they might have crossed that number when I'm posting this post.

Kudos to MTNL and BSNL for achieving this stupendous landmark in the hyper-competitive market.

:clap::clap: :clap:

Still I feel they can do more....

Another point, if we include LL subscribers, TATA had already overtaken Idea.

The following is the consolidated list of telecom subscribers between different companies and their respective positions.

1) Airtel --> 2,988,546 (LL) + 118,864,031(WL) = 121,852,577

2) BSNL+MTNL --> 28,095,939(MTNL-WL) + 3,491,244 (MTNL-LL) + 62,861,214 (BSNL-WL) + 4,875,913 (BSNL-LL) = 99,324,310

3) Reliance --> 1,164,793 (LL) + 93,795,613 (WL) = 94,960,406

4) Vodafone --> 91,401,959

5) TATA --> 1,103,172 (LL) + 57,329,449(WL) = 58,432,621

6) Idea --> 57,611,872

Edited by kesav
  • Like 1

now it's time for vodafone to overtake reliance..

because tata had long way to reach at 92million.

Also consider race for MTS, UNINOR, S tel, ETISALAT etc.

day is not far, when one of incumbent will overtake bsnl.... might be in 2015, or even earlier if MNP sart.

gr8 calculations Mr. KESAV?

thanks for this info.