Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rkburra

Reliance GSM Network in Pune/Vishranthwadi

Hi All,

How is the network quality and signal strength in Pune.

In Vishranthwadi Reliance GSM network is pathetic.

I am planning to take a new GSM connection.

Comparatively TATA DOCOMO network is good in my area. How it is rest of Pune ,maharastra & AP

Never had the chance to take my RGSM to Vishrantwadi side, but here in Kothrud, at my residence at least, I get almost full coverage (with slight fluctuation, which seems to happen with all operators). Coverage wise, inside buildings, its definitely better than Airtel at least. But of course not as good as RCDMA or Idea.

Problem of "message sending failure" is almost gone. Still, there are other niggling problems occasionally. Overall it is now fairly ok for texting but not as good as Idea and most other GSM operators that seem to be always trouble free, wrt. texting.

Amongst my contacts, I have found it almost impossible to get thru to Vodaphone STD numbers in the evening thru about midnigt. The only message you will get is "Network Busy". I can get thru to the same numbers using my Idea phone, usually in the 1st attempt.

Voice clarity is often pretty bad (not always). It can be very irritating to speak on my RGSM. Most of my friends have now learnt to call me only on my Idea number, due to this problem. So if you are considering to make RGSM your only/main phone, then, given the current state of the network, I would definitely dissuade you from doing it. IMO the only reason to go for RCom is its tariffs. In all other ways, there are better options.

Edited by raccoon

even the indoor coverage in PIMPRI & Aundh in very bad, go 4 RCDMA its very good trroughout the city

not tested actully in vishrantwadi, but used near airport and near by area called Tingre Nagar,

network was very poor,

but this was almost 1.5 months back

:previous: Is the network really that bad in that area? You mean coverage, right? I'v not seen weak coverage on any of the main roads I'v taken it to (Camp, Deccan, Kothrud, Pashan, Pirangut...) hence surprised. Edited by raccoon

^^^

only one bar for network , call drop, voice cut, these kind of problem faced by me with RGSM !

but as i said it was 1.5 month ago, i dont know the current status.

^^^

only one bar for network , call drop, voice cut, these kind of problem faced by me with RGSM !

but as i said it was 1.5 month ago, i dont know the current status.

Same problem exists now also. RGSM is really crap.

RGSM is making :cry:

Complain with Exact Locations for 5 to 10 times it will improove

After making the latest complaint about voice clarity, it has become even worse, in the last couple of days. 

To rub salt on it, they just sent me a mail that the issue has been resolved. I obviously mailed back telling them what I thought about it...    :ranting:

Texting is working well though. But voice quality on more than half the calls is hopeless.   :angry:

Anybody from Poona experiencing the same issue?

RCOM taught me "patience". I took a RGM prepaid connection on the date of launch in Bangalore and it was pathetic. For 6 months i complained day and night, and after 6 months they admitted there was a problem in my locality and finally cleared the mess. Now I dont regret wasting 6 months on RGSM, because i have excellent quality network now. Crystal clear sound. Only thing is it takes time. Keep forwarding your mails to Nodal Officer, Service Assurance Cell, Customer Care.........

Try try till you succeed!!!!!!!!! :)

:previous: Well, there is a definite limit to my patience. If things don't improve, and when there are other options around, I may just ditch them and go elsewhere... <_<

There are more interesting things out there than just writing complaints... :)

Edited by raccoon

After making the latest complaint about voice clarity, it has become even worse, in the last couple of days.

To rub salt on it, they just sent me a mail that the issue has been resolved. I obviously mailed back telling them what I thought about it... :ranting:

Texting is working well though. But voice quality on more than half the calls is hopeless. :angry:

Anybody from Poona experiencing the same issue?

I wrote several mail. I used to get a call from Reliance saying that they will look into the issue and get back you in two days.

Again we will get a call from technical guys but finally there is no improvement.

really RGSM is waste of time and money.

RCOM taught me "patience". I took a RGM prepaid connection on the date of launch in Bangalore and it was pathetic. For 6 months i complained day and night, and after 6 months they admitted there was a problem in my locality and finally cleared the mess. Now I dont regret wasting 6 months on RGSM, because i have excellent quality network now. Crystal clear sound. Only thing is it takes time. Keep forwarding your mails to Nodal Officer, Service Assurance Cell, Customer Care.........

Try try till you succeed!!!!!!!!! :)

Whats more, since the issue was fixed after such a long time (6 months), you can't even tell if they did something because of your complaints, or they just fixed it in the normal course of things... :GirandoOjos:

Edited by raccoon

Since my last complaint to the Service Assurance Cell, phone has become almost unusable for voice calls. :mad44:

The already poor voice clarity has become worse, and whats more, the signal intensity which was usually at max or max minus 1 bar (at my residence), has degraded. Now I often get only 1 to 3 bars. So now not only is the voice clarity worse, calls have started to drop.

The Service Assurance Cell had the cheek to send me a mail saying that as per confirmation received from the concerned department, the network issue stands resolved.

RGSM has gone to the pigs... :ranting:

Edited by raccoon

Since my last complaint to the Service Assurance Cell, phone has become almost unusable for voice calls. :mad44:

The already poor voice clarity has become worse, and whats more, the signal intensity which was usually at max or max minus 1 bar (at my residence), has degraded. Now I often get only 1 to 3 bars. So now not only is the voice clarity worse, calls have started to drop.

The Service Assurance Cell had the cheek to send me a mail saying that as per confirmation received from the concerned department, the network issue stands resolved.

RGSM has gone to the pigs... :ranting:

After multiple complaints to corporate customer care, service assurance cell,nodal officer, I gave up RGSM. Migrated to TaTa Docomo.

In Hyderabad RGSM is comparatively better than Pune. Still we can not compare with TaTa Docomo voice quality.

Is there any improvement in signal & voice quality in Pune?

previous.gifNodal Officer? Does the post even exist? I tried calling the number many times, nobody answers it. Emails are never replied to. Ditto for the Appellate Authority. In this respect RCom since to have copied Airtel. They seem to be just dummy posts show that they are complying with regulations.

And no, forget about any improvement - the network, esp. at my residence is almost unusable! mad.gif

All the Service Assurance cell is doing every few days is sending me replies that problem has been resolved. I send a retort right back, they register complaint again or reopen the same one, and after few days send the same reply.

My patience is reaching its limit. I will be forced to stop using R GSM soon. But for the tariffs, I would have changed long ago.

How is the Docomo network in Poona? How does the voice clarity compare with Idea?

Edited by raccoon

previous.gifNodal Officer? Does the post even exist? I tried calling the number many times, nobody answers it. Emails are never replied to. Ditto for the Appellate Authority. In this respect RCom since to have copied Airtel. They seem to be just dummy posts show that they are complying with regulations.

And no, forget about any improvement - the network, esp. at my residence is almost unusable! mad.gif

All the Service Assurance cell is doing every few days is sending me replies that problem has been resolved. I send a retort right back, they register complaint again or reopen the same one, and after few days send the same reply.

My patience is reaching its limit. I will be forced to stop using R GSM soon. But for the tariffs, I would have changed long ago.

How is the Docomo network in Poona? How does the voice clarity compare with Idea?

Atleast it is good at my residence @ Vishranthwadi and office @ Kalyani Nagar. I am not aware of rest of Pune.

TaTA Docomo voice quality is as good as RCDMA. No call drop and voice break. Excellent GPRS speed. But tariff plans are not good as Reliance.

It is highly recommended to ditch RGSM...

They have the poorest network every where. even in mumbai they are bad. and worst part is they steal a lot of talk time by activating services on their own. The customer care guys say they dont have history for more than 3 days and so they cannot refund the money.. I have several times spoken to Nodal officer in mumbai. Last, he told he will get back to me with this issue in 3 days.. but now its 3 months, there is no call from him. As people pointed out here, the nodal officer in Pune never picks up phone.

I recommend to go for other service providers who offer better service and not just catchy offers.

Reliance is spoiling its reputation it built on CDMA network, but providing poor GSM service.

Even the less popular Virgin GSM, Loop have better network, leave alone the popular ones like vodafone, airtel, etc

previous.gif Well, they did that to me once (activated some service without my consent) but they refunded the money without any fuss. Airtel did that to me SEVERAL times and NEVER refunded a penny. Would prefer RCom over Airtel anyday... but only if the network improves. Right now, the network is worse than even Airtel. RGSM has displaced Airtel from that position.

Virgin GSM uses Docomo network, so wrt network, it should be the same.

Edited by raccoon

Today RCom called me several times. The callers were mostly from the tech. dept. (at least not call center employess.... thank gawd for small mercies!!) And each time, I have to explain the issue afresh. Don't know if they just like to discuss things or if they are really going to do something about the pathetic network.

Worst is none of the callers seem to be aware that the network problem (or at least they pretended not to) is a city wide problem (heck, it might be country wide... but I'm not even getting there). They keep suggesting that there might be issues with my SIM card or handset or at best the BTS which serves the area of my residence. One of the females who called today asked me to explain and then kept me on hold while she looked up the BTS to which my phone was connected to at that moment (I was at home). The building on which she said my phone is latched to is barely 2-3 mins walking distance away. And yet the situation is so bad. She said that she will look into that particular BTS. I again reminded her that network issues exist throughout the city and I know several others facing similar issues. She didn't seem to buy that readily, but said would look into it.

What is really bad is that almost all telcos now seem to misuse the "cell info display" on our phones for ads. I really feel this should considered a DND violation. I have observed that RCom and Airtel shamelessly use this exclusively for advertising. Idea seems to have resisted this temptation and usually displays the location... but sometimes coupled with ads. Don't know about others. I seriously feel we should try to complain about this abuse to TRAI, DoT, etc. Due to this misuse, its impossible for us customers to make out which BTS we are connected to... and also the area display can be quite useful when in unchartered territories. Instead we are made to look at very irritating ads. mad.gif

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

:Ohhhh:,:Confuso:,:NOTriste:,:Equivocado:,:(

about Cell info display, Idea never give me ads on it, it always display the location.

airtel and docomo always shows ads in it.

can some buddy confirm , is this violation of DND ?

For me RGSM in proper mumbai is working flawlessly ... Went from CST to Thane .. not a single call drop in train ... Very good data speeds as well ... Network in mumbai is better than airtel anyday !!!!

I got to know from one of my friend working in Huwaei, he said that there is very less spectrun allocated to RGSM & optimisation for this spectrum is still not completed & hence there is interference from other cell sites in vicinity ..

That is the reason why voice breaks even if signal bars are full or at least reasonable for a proper voice call.

We have to be little patient & this should be done.... Reliance does not do any technical stuff ... they have outsourced entire GSM to Huwaei ...

:previous:

:Ohhhh:,:Confuso:,:NOTriste:,:Equivocado:,:(

about Cell info display, Idea never give me ads on it, it always display the location.

airtel and docomo always shows ads in it.

can some buddy confirm , is this violation of DND ?

What I'm saying is that even if its not considered a DND violation as of now, the rules should be amended to include it.

One interesting thing I have observed - Airtel was not displaying anything till sometime back... at least not in most cells. Once in a while it would work only in some cells. Then suddenly they woke up to this brilliant idea of misusing it for ads. And after that all their cells seem to display only ads in place of the location. I'm terribly sure because I obviously don't have connections of all operators, but it seems Airtel was the 1st to start this obnoxious trend... and then others followed. Luckily Idea seems to have resisted. In fact the more I have been associated with Idea, the more reasons I find that it is relatively the best operator in most ways, except when it comes to tariffs!

For me RGSM in proper mumbai is working flawlessly ... Went from CST to Thane .. not a single call drop in train ... Very good data speeds as well ... Network in mumbai is better than airtel anyday !!!!

I got to know from one of my friend working in Huwaei, he said that there is very less spectrun allocated to RGSM & optimisation for this spectrum is still not completed & hence there is interference from other cell sites in vicinity ..

That is the reason why voice breaks even if signal bars are full or at least reasonable for a proper voice call.

We have to be little patient & this should be done.... Reliance does not do any technical stuff ... they have outsourced entire GSM to Huwaei ...

One of the guys from the tech dept. also said that voice clarity issues are likely due to interference from other cell sites. But whatever it is, it gotta be fixed!

Fixing these tech issues are not just cutting pieces of cakes !!! It requires very careful planning coz one can not enter the others spectrum by any chance ... Other operators who are here from a decade also took time to optimise their network, but we ignore that coz at that tym there was no competition ... I work for other operator than reliance in their core networks & when I talk to people on access layers they tell me wht difficulty they have to face... !!!!