Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mittu1810

Which handset for using internet with NetConnect (CDMA)?

Hi friends...

i just want to know which is the cheap CDMA mobile set which support net connection ( using for laptop connection....???)

Hi friends...

i just want to know which is the cheap CDMA mobile set which support net connection ( using for laptop connection....???)

If you are looking for used set go for Nokia 2112 or 2280 and pay whatever the user asks for.

The phones are worth the money.

does lg 3540 have modem?

Even Samsung SCH 191 is worth. It had solid data connectivity.

Why not the veteran RD 2030? ;) One of the most reliable phones ever.

Edited by raccoon

nokia 2112 is a ****ty phone

it has network issues , and in places of less coverage it will give u zero network

not only myself but everyone i know who had 2112 faced this issue.

Yes, I found out that LG 3540 has a modem and works just brilliantly on net connect at 1100 bucks... what more do we want??

^^^Can LG 3500 be used as modem? If yes, can you tell the settings etc...would be very helpful :)

its the same series; may hv the same board; u cud give it a try; i used the micro usb cable of nokia (ca-101); then lg drivers or windows 7 cud download them automatically also; it shud detect it as a modem too; use generic dialer in w7 #777, mdn(username), mdn(password) use the Detected MOdem via Control Panel - Phones and Mode and u r good to go...

^^^Well i tried....it gives error 692...says some problem with hardware... Equivocado.gif

i m using spice c810 nearly 24x7. it works like charm !!! set does not heat up also.. but works with data cable only, no bluetooth connectivity as modem !!

I have LG 3540 handset and my PC is on <Windows XP Professional SP3>.

my queries:

1. how should i go about setting up "Netconnect" on my PC?

2. What Data Cable to use, price please?

3. Where can i find modem drivers?

thanks

Yes, I found out that LG 3540 has a modem and works just brilliantly on net connect at 1100 bucks... what more do we want??

new handset @1100???

Ohhhh.gif Kya it works yaar !!! Great !!! But why LG RD 3600 not works, i have tried it says hardware failure like errors when i try to connect it...

As per attached Product-Note of <LG RD3540> there is no modem in this handset. I wonder how Netconnect works!

thanks

Product Note_RD3540 (Oct\'09).pdf

This phone supports netconnect? But according to the product catalogue it specifically mentions that this phone does not support Netconnect. I have attached the product catalogue for reference.

Handset cost in Bangalore is Rs. 1049/=

RD3540 Product Note.pdf

Edited by vvinayakpai

I have LG 3540 handset and my PC is on <Windows XP Professional SP3>.

my queries:

1. how should i go about setting up "Netconnect" on my PC?

2. What Data Cable to use, price please?

3. Where can i find modem drivers?

thanks

1) Netconnect setup is like creating any general dial-up connection with Reliance number as user name and password.

2) for LG 3540 use Nokia CA101 or any micro usb cable, cost from Rs 50 to 150 in local market.

3) google it !

Hmmm...

Well, I was trying to use this phone (LG3540) for some other purpose (finding meid/min of ruim) when I saw that it got detected as a USB Modem also when I installed the drivers. So I presumed it has some sort of hardware for modem on board. It is also showing as LG USB Modem in Device Manager. So it definitely has a modem.

Now when I tried to confirm that it is working as modem or not, I could NOT connect to it; Maybe its blocked, or needs some extra initialisation string settings... more research needed...

Buy the virgin mobile c5000 for about 1.6-2k, and unlock it. Very easy to unlock, just a 5-10 mins affair. Then use whatever card u want for net access! I am using Tata data RUIM in it for past many months. No hiccups whatsoever. Just keep in mind that these are not for heavy downloading, so keeping it on for full night will be harmful for the mobile. You can easily use it for day browsing.

it has network issues , and in places of less coverage it will give u zero network

I hear this a lot. But Nokia ruined 2112 quality in later years. My mom uses her 3-4 years 2112 daily, and it is still rock solid, with great coverage. Only battery is changed a month ago. Nokia really screwed up the quality of handsets later on.

Edited by ani_meher

As per attached Product-Note of <LG RD3540> there is no modem in this handset. I wonder how Netconnect works!

thanks

i too wonder, that's why i asked price

Buy the virgin mobile c5000 for about 1.6-2k, and unlock it. Very easy to unlock, just a 5-10 mins affair. Then use whatever card u want for net access! I am using Tata data RUIM in it for past many months. No hiccups whatsoever. Just keep in mind that these are not for heavy downloading, so keeping it on for full night will be harmful for the mobile. You can easily use it for day browsing.

I hear this a lot. But Nokia ruined 2112 quality in later years. My mom uses her 3-4 years 2112 daily, and it is still rock solid, with great coverage. Only battery is changed a month ago. Nokia really screwed up the quality of handsets later on.

c5000 is i thibk hier, does data cable avbl?

Guyz guyz , Just checked On corby !!!!

Sam1 works like charm with evdo, was getting download speed between 160-200 kbps.

Also used simple sim of my dapo , 1x works fine.

I m Happy, planning to shift my Dapo on OMH :)

Sam1 works like charm with evdo, was getting download speed between 160-200 kbps.

If your budget permits use hero with daop it will be fun

I already reported that non OMH sim is working in corby for netconnect/ and won't work for RWORLD.

R u getting EVDO speed with sam1 user name???

but even MDN username will also connect to internet,

I am confused.