Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
madhumnair

Ring Tones Via Sms - 1237 Services

Also since we have access to bitpim on most phones we can get hold of the link and possibly execute it as a favorite item & get the ringtone from the R-World cache using bitpim rather than using the "Save" option which will be charged. This can be of some concern for the RIL ppl who reading it here now

Another thing is ringtones which get into older phones accessible to bitpim are subject to risk though they have secured it sufficiently well in Newer phone like 2130/5130 etc

19733[/snapback]

You mean to say you would be charged/billed only if you click on the "Save" option??? I was under the impression that you would be charged for sending the SMS request for the rightone?! :P

If that is true, then its great because then you could actually check out if you like the ringtone ...and you pay only if you want to keep it... :clap:

Also since we have access to bitpim on most phones we can get hold of the link and possibly execute it as a favorite item & get the ringtone from the R-World cache using bitpim rather than using the "Save" option which will be charged. This can be of some concern for the RIL ppl who reading it here now

Another thing is ringtones which get into older phones accessible to bitpim are subject to risk though they have secured it sufficiently well in Newer phone like 2130/5130 etc

19733[/snapback]

Hey code..how do u get hold of the link thru bitpim? Can u elaborate on that? For eg: I sent a sms to the no..and received a message but when I connected..it said...R World is not ready. After that, how do I trace it thru Bitpim.

this is gr8 man ...

well would the mon ringtones work on motorola c131 ???

and wht if i want to start of a service like this (like the 1237 service) ...

i have around 5000 polyphonic ringtones (all english) how can i go about ??

Isn't the quality of tones pathetic?? Guess they shud induct some pros of RIMweb.com to make some good quality rtones! :clap:

This Indiatimes thingie sounds really interesting... Do u ppl think some how someway now ppl can send sms on RIM thru net.. i trieddownloading INDITIMES MESSENGER... n setup mymobile it says confirmation code sent but havent received any... if i cud login from my cell this way ppl cud send msg from the net.... ANy ideas from u guys??

:P

This Indiatimes thingie sounds really interesting... Do u ppl think some how someway now ppl can send sms on RIM thru net.. i trieddownloading INDITIMES MESSENGER... n setup mymobile it says confirmation code sent but havent received any... if i cud login from my cell this way ppl cud send msg from the net.... ANy ideas from u guys??

:P

19801[/snapback]

Well Vijay,

I don't think we could send sms thru' net. This service does'nt send ringtones thru' sms. it only sends a java link as sms which when executed takes us to their portal, from where we can download the file.

dear amtrag, refer this http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2411&hl=

post for sms to rim from web :P

dear amtrag, refer this http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2411&hl=

post for sms to rim from web

19811[/snapback]

Ganesh,

You are mixing 2 different issues. Ringtone sevice by indiatimes is altogether different from "sms thru' net" available on RIL website.

Well, its just a clarification, no intention of starting any un-necesary argument.

Well i thought u asked for a provision to send sms to rim from internet :P

thanks amtrag and others for replying... but by the way u have suggeted only RIM ppl can msg me via net... but we rim ppl r not a majority community so u c the prob is that STILL NO MSG VIA NET FROM MAJORITY COMMUNITY.... rimweb STUDS have so far conquered all the challanges like RINGTONEs on LGRD2030 with data cables n all... they also got the ringtones via sms... NOW i suppose this is the FINAL FRONTIER... SMS VIA NET FROM ANYBODY even abroad probably.... SO any takers for this CHALLANGE!!!!!!! :P

REGARDS

VIJAY

bad news guys the ringtones by sms is chargeable i think i got to know about it day before yesterday and i had sent about 30 sms for ringtones and saved only one of it at that time my unbiled usage waa Rs 95 and I have not made much voice calls today i saw the unbilled usage and it has shot up to Rs 175 now what do u say about it

Will have to wait for bill to see what is being charged and how much for what

So be careful about it THE RIM GUYS WONT ACCEPT THEIR MISTAKE

I guess the good old Bitpim n MMS method is better! Atleast the ringtones sound cool!

Dear Ring tone lovers,

Reliance is starting 8888 (India Times) service for ring tones.

Reliance has not given any ad on this but as a test basis they have uploaded all the ring tones in R World. We have send message to 1237 for getting ring tones

Some of you already know this but for the information to all I am sending this message.

There are Mono phonic Ring tones and Poly phonic ring tones.

I think Reliance will charge Rs. 5 to Rs.7 for each ring tone. Some ring tones are good especially Zara Zara is very good in Samsung.

You can get these ring tones in all Java enabled handsets and I have not tested them in Mot and LG 2230 handsets.

At present they uploaded 87 Polyphonic ring tones and 89 Mono phonic Ring tones.

I am not able to download 2 to 3 ring tones but rest all downloading well.

Ring tones in Samsung handsets are working excellently with Good clarity. In LG, Clarity is not that good.

These ring tones are provide by 8888 service of India times. You may visit www.Indiatimes.com for more ring tones but Reliance has not uploaded Ring tones other than specified in my Attachment.

Please see the attachment and download ring tones.

Please let me know if this Information is useful to You or not.

Have fun and enjoy.

Murali Krishna.

Reliance_Ringtones_id__s_List.zip

Anybody on prepaid has tried to get ringtones this way? How are they charging? I tried getting a couple of ringtones ...but they are really sad. ;)

be careful about the charges before u use this service the CC guys no nothing about the charges but hteir billing server definitely knows about this so be careful my unbilled usage jumped from 95 to 175 after sending some 30 or so sms to 1237 so u guys be careful

I rang RCC for this they have no idea and when I told about unbilled usage they told it is approximate and that i will get to know the detail only after i get the bill so till i get the bill i wont use this service

THE *333 ppl really have no clue whats happening on the web.... i called and asked them abt QUOTA of SMS from rim website, they sadid we dunno... i asked them abt 1237 they had no CLUE.... asked abt indiatimes they said nothing sure so far..... SO i think their default answer is I DUNNO SIR..... ANyways beware and dont send these many sms's to 1237..

Vijay

this is simply fan-tas-tic .... gr8 .. B) I was looking out for sum easy way of downloading ringtones, and this is the simplest of all. thx a lotttttttt buddy ...

Anybody on prepaid has tried to get ringtones this way? How are they charging? I tried getting a couple of ringtones ...but they are really sad. sad.gif

i m a prepaid subscriber and Rs20 have been deducted from my a/c, though i had sent many requests but i was able to download only 4 tones. so it looks they r not chrging for sms's sent but for actual number of ringtones downloaded

what do u mean by downloaded just heard the tone or saved it on ur mobile be clear about it

what do u mean by downloaded just heard the tone or saved it on ur mobile be clear about it

what i mean is if u r able to open the link which u receive on sms for downloading the tone then its termed downloding whether u download the tone or not, then u r charged for it.

sometimes link does not open then u r not charged

This technique is under test by Reliance guys ...

Pls find the attached list of  ringtones which can be downloaded via sms feature .

just type the key word and sms to 1237

Dont know is there is any special charges other that 1 Re SMS charge.

19625[/snapback]

Dear friends,

I was surprised to find the charges for Ring tone download on one of my friends RIM BILL:

special SMS charge = Re 1

Rconnect charge = Rs 14.50

therefore total chage = rs 15.50/-

Do check ur bill too