Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitnsonu

Low Battery Backup with Reliance?

Hi guys

I m using New Nokia 2700C having massive 1020 mAh Battery, but still I am not getting more than 1 days backup on RGSM, while on aircel battery last upto 2-3 days (normal use).

Is there any problem in RGSM SIM ?

Battery usage will depend on the network signal strength, so it likely that Aircel tower is nearer to you than Reliance's tower.

Yup... its not a problem with your SIM. Even the Nokia Care centre I recently visited told me that they have observed RGSM subscribers get significantly lesser battery life due to poor signal intensity, etc. So live with it or change to a better service...

In an RGSM SIM, the network is being searched frequently because the signal intensity is very less. Whereas in other network SIMs, it is not the case. Even I noticed this issue, it will go away with time. Maybe 6 months, maybe a year. This used to happen with my Voda SIM (earlier when it was Hutch), but now it is not the case.

This is also due to 1800Mhz frequency on which RGSM and other new operators operate. But then Aircel in Delhi is also a new operator on 1800 Mhz. I checked with RGSM on this issue and was told that they are beaming RGSM signals from RCDMA Towers and hence there is some clash in signals. They are trying hard to rectify this issue. They also are aware about this problem.

All issue will be sorted out within 6 months or so.... In the interim, you may take a decision appropriately.

RGSM network is very bad in almost every place i visited !!

:previous: totally agree.. the network of RGSM is in dire need of a lot of work.. However, after having a talk with one of the Network official from whom I received a call from Delhi only.. the lady told me that they are really working on rectifying this issue..

Although she did not confirmed it fully, but she was of the opinion that the netwrk would stabilise by a maximum of 3-4 months.. be it the network signal issue, connectivity issues etc. :Decepcionado:

She clearly said that the problem is of demand- supply with RGSM. That is, the number of customers joining the network is more that the number of switches, POI's being added everyday etc. By the time reverse becomes true, some problem or the other would continue to happen.. I must say though, I was really impressed with the way she explained me the whole problem calmly.. :clap:

therefore, based on that conversation with her, I have decided to put my decision to disconnect my RGSM on hold for a period of 3 months or so. If the network does not improve by then, I would for sure disconnect my number.. :SI:

Edited by gulshan_sawhney

It is as simple as this, the more your phone searches for network, the quickly your battery will drain out.

AFAIK, it isn't any sim or network specific issue, Its all because of the poor reception that RCOM is providing!

^^^

you are 100% correct dear !!!

:previous: totally agree.. the network of RGSM is in dire need of a lot of work.. However, after having a talk with one of the Network official from whom I received a call from Delhi only.. the lady told me that they are really working on rectifying this issue..

Although she did not confirmed it fully, but she was of the opinion that the netwrk would stabilise by a maximum of 3-4 months.. be it the network signal issue, connectivity issues etc. :Decepcionado:

She clearly said that the problem is of demand- supply with RGSM. That is, the number of customers joining the network is more that the number of switches, POI's being added everyday etc. By the time reverse becomes true, some problem or the other would continue to happen.. I must say though, I was really impressed with the way she explained me the whole problem calmly.. :clap:

therefore, based on that conversation with her, I have decided to put my decision to disconnect my RGSM on hold for a period of 3 months or so. If the network does not improve by then, I would for sure disconnect my number.. :SI:

I wouldn't take the explanations given too seriously. Often they are just glib talk designed to retain customers without any concrete work being done. Besides, the answer given to you does not sound very convincing. More customers would mean congestion on a GSM network. And the main issues right now are v poor voice clarity and 2nd is poor coverage.

In response to one of my complaints, somebody from their tech dept. called and when I asked him why is the clarity so poor even in areas where there is decent reception, I was told that it is due to interference of adjoining cell sites. Further, I asked him, don't you guys use the GSM connections yourself and see the state it is in yourself? He skipped answering that directly and said that they of course monitor the network all the time and act on customer complaints. I asked them so you'll only do something if you have complaints? Not all customers will complain... they will simply leave. He didn't have an answer.

In short, I'd never be impressed with just answers. Bottom line is, I can't give a nice tech explanation to everyone who calls me and gets irritated with the voice clarity. One needs to hear and be heard clearly, period.

Edited by raccoon

More than 15 months after launch, RGSM is still in the bad state. There is no improvement whatsoever.

RCDMA which used to have best voice quality is also giving problems of frequent call drops and poor voice quality. Calls drop within 2 minutes even when there is full signal on the handset and I am sitting less than 100 meters away from their tower. Now a days it is impossible to call Bangalore from Delhi for even 3 minutes without a call drop. What is the use of 50 paise per minute STD on Simply Reliance? I guess they should rename their plan as "Simply BS".

With so many competitive offers available from likes of Airtel now a days there is no reason why paying customers should tolerate crappy service.

I have more or less moved from RDMA to Airtel. I have been paying over Rs 1000 per month to Reliance every month since launch in May, 2003. I guess they are no longer interested in providing service of decent quality to the customers like myself.

Edited by starnet

Wel I'm using RCDMA in Bangalore and I don't experience call drops. It's much better than mu GSM connection of Vodafone. In Vodafone, it's always certain that call will drop after 20-30 secs. Just waiting for MNP...after that i'll move my Vodafone GSM number to RCDMA smile.gif

More than 15 months after launch, RGSM is still in the bad state. There is no improvement whatsoever.

RCDMA which used to have best voice quality is also giving problems of frequent call drops and poor voice quality. Calls drop within 2 minutes even when there is full signal on the handset and I am sitting less than 100 meters away from their tower. Now a days it is impossible to call Bangalore from Delhi for even 3 minutes without a call drop. What is the use of 50 paise per minute STD on Simply Reliance? I guess they should rename their plan as "Simply BS".

With so many competitive offers available from likes of Airtel now a days there is no reason why paying customers should tolerate crappy service.

I have more or less moved from RDMA to Airtel. I have been paying over Rs 1000 per month to Reliance every month since launch in May, 2003. I guess they are no longer interested in providing service of decent quality to the customers like myself.

Your issue might be related to spectrum shortage faced by most operators in Mumbai and Delhi. Hopefully TRAI gives out its recommendations regarding issue of additional 2G spectrum and this problem is sorted out at the earliest. IN bangalore, there is absolutely no problem with RCDMA (TOUCHWOOD) :)

In mumbai as well there is no problem with RCDMA, even with signal bars at 1, the call does not drop or voice does not cut.

I travel about 120 kms a day in a train running at 100 kph, still voice never cuts !!! Better than any GSM connection. Earlier i had vodafone & could never talk while in train.

At my home RGSM signal strength is better than RCDMA, wonder why !!!

RGSM >> i am also facing the problem for draining battery in 1-2 days in Hyderabad. but with the same sim and mobile at mumbai, it gives me 3-4 days backup.

RGSM not updating the network soon i am sure, I am using since 1 year and no improvement so far.

RCDMA is the best, but CDMA hand set either very cheap or very expensive with very limited choice. I shifted from CDMA to GSM only with Reliance but now i am fad up with RGSM.

Need to change the provider now.

previous.gif Faster battery drain also means that you are exposing yourself to higher amounts of radiation. So one can say Reliance GSM is hazardous to health. dry.gif