Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Himanshu Singh

Low Speed With Hsd Modem

Friends, I am using HSD modem from reliance. The speed never goes beyong 1.2 Mbps. Is it normal or am I missing out on speed? The cell tower is hardly 500 metres from my place. Please suggest.

If you are sure that the tower is half a kilometre away then you should be getting up to 2 mbps. Have you tried checking outdoors (hoping you have a laptop)?

it depends on lot of factors

if u have more users connected on evdo ur speeds are going to be less , its not one on one basis ...

i get speeds varying between 1.2 and 1.9 mbps

If you are sure that the tower is half a kilometre away then you should be getting up to 2 mbps. Have you tried checking outdoors (hoping you have a laptop)?

No, I have not checked it outdoors. I am buying a laptop next month though.

I get 1.8 to 2 mbps in early morning hours(6-8am)but later its fluctuate much(400-900kbps).

My DU meter shows more download speed when i download many files at a time.

I am using Corby as a modem for net.

I think there is some problem in routes followed by Reliance NetConnect for web traffic; I get a nominal speed of 400-500 kbps on websites/https and get speeds of upto 2.5mbps-2.7mbps on torrents downloads.

1-1.5 mbps is the defacto average on reliance HSD.. late night it shoots up to near 2mbps.. but never seen it reach the 3 mark though..

I think when I use the extension wire for HSD modem speed reduces drastically.. And when I directly plug the modem into port I get average of 1.5Mbps.. Is it true or just a coincidence?

thats why i didnt go for hsd modems

hsd modems with revA sill giv 1.5-2mbps

and corby with rev0 i get avg 1.5mbps and upto 2mbps

EVDO Tower Card required STM1/4 Minimum requirement for Backend Bandwidth approximately 40 mbps but as reliance only have single Carrier they might have back it with old E1 (2 mbps link) this is the culprit on so many tower not linked with Fiber STM1 link

^ exactly.. many reliance BTS are still equipped with old E1s, where there is not feasibility for fibre..

HOW TO CHECK OUR NEAR BY BASE STATION DETAILS

HOW TO CHECK OUR NEAR BY BASE STATION DETAILS

Needed some light on it...

and i am even closer than 500 metres may be 200 metres...

which was set up when RCom was launched........

How can i increase my speed.....Please suggest....

My place is near a tower as well. In fact, I can see it from my apartment window. But still, I seem to be having problems similar to what Himanshu described.

I also have a Tata Indicom modem which seems to work better in the terrace area rather than indoors (near open windows). I wonder if it's the same with Reliance as well, irrespective of tower proximity.

I think its because in Delhi because of high voice traffic they have allocated less part of spectrum for evdo compared to small towns.

Some Reliance employee said to me.

I think its because in Delhi because of high voice traffic they have allocated less part of spectrum for evdo compared to small towns.

Some Reliance employee said to me.

Actually a sizable chunk of Reliance's revenues come from data services. So I would imagine they'd pay more attention to beefing up pan-India data services as well.

Over the years, the need for reliable mobile Internet access has become quite important when you're traveling between states or in distant corners of the country.

Since yesterday the HSD speed is not coming below 1.5Mbps..

Speed differs from tower to tower based on traffic and may be its connectivity. I get 400 to 2000 kbps