Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

Firefox Tips-n-tricks

OKie!!!

Then we'll hv to wait for those extensions updates...

I hv seen that many extensions sites hv started giving updated versions of their extensions, so that they can work porperly in the upcoming firefox versions ;)

Dude, Google's doesn't work yet! And if I cant get my google bar -- its not worth surfing through FF.

But of course you have get the MozDev Google bar. Or just change your version number.

Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Released

Tuesday November 29th, 2005

The final release of Mozilla Firefox 1.5 is now available for download from GetFirefox.com for most major operating systems or from the mirrors. Users of the release candidates should receive the update soon.

Firefox 1.5 introduces several new features, including an improved software update system, faster Back / Forward page navigation, a new options to clear private browsing data, drag-and-drop reordering of browser tabs, a redesigned Options/Preferences window and more robust popup blocking. Standards support is also improved, with support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), JavaScript 1.6 and additional CSS properties. Accessibility is much improved (including new DHTML accessibility features), security has been enhanced and Mac OS X support has also been improved.

More details can be found in the 1.5 Release Notes, and the support forums staff is available for questions.

Head here for more:

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.html

The auto update thing is not working as of now...

Copied from another thread, here are some real cool firefox wallpapers

11 Mb file check it out!

Firefox Wallpapers

Firefox Gaining Ground

Mozilla's Firefox 1.5 browser has sparked new user adoption, putting it back on track to reach the critical 10% market threshold.

According to NetApplications, a provider of Web-based applications, in its monthly Web site traffic analysis, in November 2005, browser usage numbers revealed that Apple's Safari also has seen continued gains with steady, consistent traction.

Mozilla's recent release of Firefox 1.5 has already had an impact on browser usage. November 2005 browser numbers indicate that Firefox continues to gain market share, reaching 8.84 %. Apple's Safari is also taking small bites of out of the browser market share reaching 2.78 %, and, while Firefox's gains have been fast and choppy over the last 12 months, Safari's growth has been steady. Safari held 1.56 % usage market share for December 2004, and has increased its market share each month without slipping.

In November Microsoft Internet Explorer held 86.08% of the browser market share, FireFox held 8.84%, Safari held 2.78%, Netscape held 1.25%, Opera held 0.53%, and others accounted for 0.43%.

"What's interesting is that in the last week of November, Firefox hit as high as 9.09% market share, which is indicative of its potential to hit a critical mass of 10%," observed Vince Vizzaccaro, executive vice president of marketing and strategic relationships at NetApplications.

"The new release is noticeably quicker and it offers improved security over its predecessor. Furthermore, its rendering of complex pages is greatly enhanced. Mozilla promises a steady pattern of upgrades to Firefox, positioning itself to keep the market share gained so far, and to set the stage for greater growth in the future," said Vizzaccaro.

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/artic...9646&cat_id=643

guys if FLASH dose not work with FF 1.5 then u are in a similar situation i was

heres the REMEDY

Flash Player 8.0 does not work if you use Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled

This is due to BUG 309044. To disable OBJ-TABS, do the following:

1. Open the Adblock preferences (Tools -> Adblock -> Preferences in Firefox)

2. Click on "Adblock Options", and untick "Obj-Tabs"

There is an updated version of Adblock which has a partial fix for this issue. See this thread on the Adblock forum for more information. Alternatively, you can use AdBlock Plus.

heres the offical location :- http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/flash.html#new-objtabs

Edited by abhay

I recently installed firefox 1.0.7 d problem is tht it does not show addresses in rediff and i m using 3 tabs (rimweb,rediff,yahoo)as my home page but its not opening any of the site but showing loading in every tab for d last 20 mins.

xperts help!

I faced a problem with FF & Google Web Accelerator. Couldnt understand why pages in FF continuously timed out while pages in IE loaded as usual and my download & ping speeds were moreorless normal.

Apparently GWA fails at times. So I exited GWA and opened FF. Worked like a charm. Alternatively, you can go to TOOLS - OPTIONS. And in the GENERAL tab change CONNECTION SETTINGS to AUTO-DETECT PROXY SETTINGS. That will work. Although I dont know if that then bypasses GWA all the time.

Edited by anujit

hey guys i just went through a cool extention in firefox which i want to share with ya guys

imageshack.xpi :- wht it dose? it uploads images for us to use on a forum or something if we dont have any other place to upload or host

eg :- i want to post a image on this forum from other website what are my options

1) i have to have a webserver from which i can host the image

2) i have to have a get a webserver which allows us hosting images

for people like me having a pvt ip the first option is not applicable so the only opt for me left is uploads it on a diffrent website

here is where imageshak comes! we can u/l our images directly from the websites to imageshack which is just a right click away

heres its link imageshack

Firefox Security Update!!!

What's New in Firefox 1.5.0.1

February 1, 2006: Firefox 1.5.0.1 is a stability and security update that is part of the ongoing program to provide a safe Internet experience for the customers. Firefox recommends that all users upgrade to this latest version.

Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5.0.1:

* Improved stability.

* Improved support for Mac OS X.

* International Domain Name support for Iceland (.is) is now enabled.

* Fixes for several memory leaks.

* Several security enhancements.

The Burning Edge has more detailed lists of notable bug fixes.

What's New in Firefox 1.5.0.2

Firefox 1.5.0.2 provides native support for Macintosh with Intel Core processors, and stability and security enhancements that are part of ongoing program to provide a safer Internet experience for users. All Firefox users upgrade to this latest version.

Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5.0.2:

* Universal Binary support for Mac OS X which provides native support for Macintosh with Intel Core processors. Firefox supports the enhancements to performance introduced by the new MacIntel chipsets.

* Improvements to product stability.

* Several security fixes.

The Burning Edge has more detailed lists of notable bug fixes.

D/l here

What's New in Firefox 1.5.0.3

Firefox 1.5.0.3 is a security update that is part of our ongoing program to provide a safe Internet experience for our customers. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.

Security fix for denial of service vulnerability.

D/l Here

cud somebuddy suggest me d best ad blocker S/W to get rid of all the irritating ads,banners etc? i m using firefox 1.5.0.1.

thanx!

1) i seriously recommend u to download he latest update to firefox

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&s...indpost&p=62492

2) u might wanna request for a extention here

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&s...indpost&p=16726

3)firefox has its own popup blocker !! u dont need a external extention

now safely browse and take back the web

Thanks for the update Abhay and for helping out Vishal as he's having exams these days ! :D

Get in sync

What could be worse than forgetting to bookmark the obscure page you found that maps out the perfect walking tour of Venice? Having bookmarked it on the computer sitting on your desk back at home, 6000 miles away, instead of on the laptop you brought along. Or how about the frustration of being on a new computer and not remembering your passwords because your browser on your old computer automatically filled them in for you?

These sorts of frustrations inspired us to build a Firefox extension that keeps your browser settings for all your computers in sync. Google Browser Sync unifies your bookmarks, history, saved passwords, and persistent cookies across all the computers where you install it. It also remembers which tabs and windows you had open when you last closed any of your browsers and gives you a chance to reopen them. We think you'll enjoy how it handles sync conflicts and "just works," enabling you to bring your browser with you everywhere.

Meanwhile, we've also been improving version 2 of the Google Toolbar for Firefox. We've fixed a bunch of bugs and made it more stable, so we're stripping off the "beta" tag. We'll be updating all Toolbar users to this new version in the next couple of weeks.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/06/get-in-sync.html

google launched a good extention to restore ur firefox settings across disasters like formats and stuff

@least thats what i take it as :lol:

somewhat like foxmarks but can do much more than that :)

i think u people should give it a try

Google Sync

Edited by abhay

Mozilla To Release Firefox 2.0 Beta

Mozilla Corp., which will release the first beta of its Firefox 2.0 browser Tuesday, posted Windows, Mac, and Linux release candidates on its FTP servers over the weekend.

Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) can be downloaded from Mozilla's FTP site, although the official Beta 1 won't be released until July 11, according to notes published by the open-source developer.

Beta 1 features improvements that include close buttons on all tabs, a search plug-in manager to more easily add and remove engines from the search box, and a browser restore feature that recovers the browser and all tabs if the application crashes or freezes. Other enhancements range from an integrated spell-checker to an anti-phishing tool that warns users when they surf to a site blacklisted by Mozilla.

As the browser went through three alpha test stages -- the last launched in late May -- developers dropped a once-touted feature, dubbed "Places," a redesigned bookmarks tool which would have let users search both browsing history and bookmarked sites simultaneously.

As is typical with Mozilla previews, downloading and installing RC1 will disable most extensions and themes. A "portable" version of Beta 1 RC1, available from a third-party site, runs without affecting existing Firefox settings, however.

In other news, Mozilla is also prepping a security update to the current Firefox, which will be labeled "1.5.0.5." The update is scheduled to ship in approximately two weeks.

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/d...cleId=190301502

Edited by abhay

FireFox Official Beta 1 released

July 11, 2006 - ZDNet

The Mozilla Foundation has released an official beta version of Firefox 2, the next major version of its Web browser.

This is the first beta version of Firefox 2 to be made publicly available, and Mozilla hopes that software developers will download it and test whether it is compatible with their existing Firefox extensions.

"We have over 1,000 extensions already, but they may not work with this new version," said Tristan Nitot, president of Mozilla Europe.

According to reports, the beta version comes with a built-in antiphishing tool, improved search box capabilities and an integrated spell checker. Changes have also been made to the RSS support.

Nitot declined to speculate about the features that might appear in the commercial release of Firefox 2, pointing out that changes may be made following public reaction to the beta.

It can be downloaded here

thnx for the update Arun! <_<

This new BETA is gr8, I d/led it and installed it. Currently I'm using it w/o ne problem. :(

The best thing I liked is now it has CLOSE button on each tab, recently we hv to use extensions for it.

vishal dose it work side by side with ff 1.5 or will i have to overwrite it ???

i also wanna try it out but am not sure if i wanna loose my current config and browser

It works separately from 1.5 version.

U can use both 1.5 & BETA 1 at the same time.

Its installed in "Mozilla Firefox BETA1" directory.