Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rahulmalik_81

Rim Goes Ten-digit In Massive Pan-india Operation

In a mammoth, nationwide operation, Reliance Infocomm has successfully completed the conversion of its mobile subscriber numbers to its unique ten-digit 93-series in 17 out of the 20 circles.

Reliance IndiaMobile (RIM) phones across the country - except in UP and Bihar - have now been converted to ten-digit numbers beginning with 93. This has been done in keeping with the cellular mobile numbering plan in India under the new Unified Access License Regime.

To make this transition convenient for their subscribers, Reliance Infocomm had ensured that they continue to receive messages and calls to their old numbers right up to November 30, 2004. This was to help their subscribers to conveniently advise their family, friends and associates about their new 93-series number.

In line with the regulatory requirement, with effect from December 1, 2004 the old numbers will no longer be functional.

Reliance Infocomm has made extensive arrangements to ensure that its customers and callers are not inconvenienced with the discontinuation of this auto-forwarding facility. As part of the exercise, the company has made available a host of customer-friendly options to get the new 93-series numbers: These are:

Call toll free * 388 from any RIM or 3033 8888 from any other phone, from anywhere in the country and follow the recorded voice instructions to hear the new 93-series RIM number.

Type in the old number (with full STD code) and SMS it to 09366693666 to get the new ten-digit number by way of a return SMS.

Log on to the website http://www.relianceinfo.com, click on 'All About 93' and then enter the old RIM number in the 'Get 93 Number'section.

Use the unique data services of 'R World' - which is a part of almost all Reliance India Mobile phones - to get the new ten digit numbers and quickly update phone books with the new 93 series numbers.

Walk into any Reliance WebWorld store or WebWorld Express to get the new number.

Additionally, RIM subscribers dialing an old RIM number post November 30, will be advised the changed 93-number through a recorded message.

Expressing satisfaction at the smooth completion of the migration process, Inder Bajaj, Head - Post-paid Business at Reliance Infocomm, said: "This is truly an unparalleled operation in the history of the Telecom industry. We have taken utmost care to ensure that RIM subscribers were not inconvenienced in this number conversion process. We are indebted to all our RIM subscribers and all telecom operators who have supported this project with their co-operation".

Yeah, I would say that the migration was pretty smooth... I didnt face any inconvinience technically.... apart from informing ppl abt my new#..........

I did notice some issues. Like for eg., sometimes when I called my old 8 digit no. thru another phone I got the "phone switched off" msg. And immediately after when I called the new 10 digit no. it said "phone not reachable". And actually my cell was switched off!

Also, on 30 Nov., outgoing was barred for sometime ...not sure how long... Couldnt get the helpdesk either! Not sure I i lost any incoming calls also. ;)

It resumed on its own after few hours ..could't even complain cus even CC number wasn't working!

My old number has expired in chennai ;)

My old no in Nagpur is half functional that is I cant receive call on my old no it says "please check the no u have dialled" But I can send the sms on my old no and it is received

I am in delhi too but my old number is not functional

In Poona dialling old no. returns the msg "This number has been changed. Dial 93250 to get new number".

Edited by raccoon

Hi

Iam in Mumbai. My old number is still working