Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
retro182

Interesting Experience With R-Gsm

I had recently emailed the RCOM Nodal office here in Gujarat complaining about pathetic network and voice quality with my RGSM in Vadodara city. After a week or so I got a call from their local network team and they fixed up an appointment for them to meet me. He first visited my home and thoroughly checked the signal strength with an equipment and checked it in all corners of the house. He than called back his office and told me that there are already two towers in the area and as we speak a third one is being erected.

After this he followed me to my office and spent an equal amount of time checking everything. He was forthcoming with the fact that on the road where my office is located they currently don't have any operational towers but there is planning of 4-6 towers on it but it will take minimum 4-6 months to get them up and running. He than told me he will put an request to his higher authorities to install a signal booster (something starting with the letter 'R') in my office to help my case !!!!

Moreover, he was a very forthcoming and pleasant man and was definitely a well qualified engineer who had come in a chauffeur driven car all the way from the outskirts of the city!

He told me the GSM network will take another good one year to stabilize and that since I'm an already existing RCDMA BB customer since last 5 years I should consider sticking with it as the CDMA technology does have some clear tangible benefits like voice quality and the ability to talk seamlessly even with low signal strength. He also appraised me that with the onset of 3G which he assured me will take a good 1 to 1.5 yrs to become operational for all telecom cos despite the ongoing auction, CDMA won't be at a loss vis-a-vis GSM service or on the contrary it may be able to offer you some awesome network speeds and features.

The reason I am writing this is because I found the whole experience quite pleasant even if the problem of RGSM network will take time to resolve I like the way the case was handled. Moreover, since the forum is full of RGSM's pathetic services I thought of narrating this to at least add a counter opinion to the already well documented RCOM service issues that get regularly highlighted on this forum.

I would request fellow members to share such experiences if they have any and also comment on it.

Thanks in advance should anyone wish to add to this post with some valuable input.

I had mentioned this in some other thread before - they sent somebody to my residence a few weeks back. However, I'd rate him just about average. He did not come with any equipment either. He just checked the signal strength on my RGSM handset in couple different rooms... and made a couple of calls to his office, from my handset. Thats about it. I got to know from him that the RGSM tower is just couple of stone throws from my residence. Despite that the signal strength is so poor when inside buildings. And just like what was told to you, he said it will take min. 1 year to see any tangible improvement in the network. He however promised that they will try to "optimize" the network and I should see at least some improvement in a weeks time.

Well, weeks have passed, and there is zero improvement in signal strength which sometimes becomes ZERO in some parts of my residence. However, where there is signal (esp. near windows), the voice clarity seems to have become a bit better.

I had recently emailed the RCOM Nodal office here in Gujarat complaining about pathetic network and voice quality with my RGSM in Vadodara city. After a week or so I got a call from their local network team and they fixed up an appointment for them to meet me. He first visited my home and thoroughly checked the signal strength with an equipment and checked it in all corners of the house. He than called back his office and told me that there are already two towers in the area and as we speak a third one is being erected.

After this he followed me to my office and spent an equal amount of time checking everything. He was forthcoming with the fact that on the road where my office is located they currently don't have any operational towers but there is planning of 4-6 towers on it but it will take minimum 4-6 months to get them up and running. He than told me he will put an request to his higher authorities to install a signal booster (something starting with the letter 'R') in my office to help my case !!!!

Moreover, he was a very forthcoming and pleasant man and was definitely a well qualified engineer who had come in a chauffeur driven car all the way from the outskirts of the city!

He told me the GSM network will take another good one year to stabilize and that since I'm an already existing RCDMA BB customer since last 5 years I should consider sticking with it as the CDMA technology does have some clear tangible benefits like voice quality and the ability to talk seamlessly even with low signal strength. He also appraised me that with the onset of 3G which he assured me will take a good 1 to 1.5 yrs to become operational for all telecom cos despite the ongoing auction, CDMA won't be at a loss vis-a-vis GSM service or on the contrary it may be able to offer you some awesome network speeds and features.

The reason I am writing this is because I found the whole experience quite pleasant even if the problem of RGSM network will take time to resolve I like the way the case was handled. Moreover, since the forum is full of RGSM's pathetic services I thought of narrating this to at least add a counter opinion to the already well documented RCOM service issues that get regularly highlighted on this forum.

I would request fellow members to share such experiences if they have any and also comment on it.

Thanks in advance should anyone wish to add to this post with some valuable input.

thanks for sharing such a nice experience!

even I had logged a similar complaint but in my case they just called me and advised that this issue will resolved automatically over time.

but anyway I now understand that we don't need to suffer today in hope for tomorrow, we should opt for a better operator ( like airtel) instead of testing reliance gsm & cdma , this makes things simple (atleast for me) yes airtel is expensive but you know sometimes we need to call urgently or under emergency situations and that's where it counts :D

and for cdma, yes I like this technology very much but I doubt its future as it is not open & free like GSM :(

anyway thanks again for sharing, appreciate that

^

Airtel customer service is great but not net work. Least in Gujarat. Reliance cdma network is best but customer care? Who cares?

I agree waiting for bright future at expense of today is not worth.

^

Airtel customer service is great but not net work. Least in Gujarat. Reliance cdma network is best but customer care? Who cares?

I agree waiting for bright future at expense of today is not worth.

thanks kshah for your words

At present, mobile telephony appears to be in a phase of transition. In days ahead, one may find private operators growing or shrinking, new technologies like 3G making inroads, while mobile portability may even change the entire dynamics of the game. Things might change drastically in coming months and hence it is in the interest of mobilephone users to stick to their present operators they subscribe to, at least for the moment.

No point in shifting to other operator just on the grounds that the customer care is good or bad, network quality is good or bad etc. Please wait for things to settle down and it may take an year or so. At the end of it, it is likely that there will be a big churn, leading to the fitter players staying afloat and those not so fit, going out of the business. That will be the time when subscribers will come to know about the champions and dark horses and it will be then that one chooses the best.

• Like 1

previous.gif Bet to differ with that. If everybody does what you say, its the perfect way to kill competition. If people do not shift to the best services, nobody has any incentive to improve anything and even bad, incompetent & customer unfriendly players will rake in the same moolah.

The time to get the best service is always *NOW*.

Edited by raccoon

previous.gif Bet to differ with that. If everybody does what you say, its the perfect way to kill competition. If people do not shift to the best services, nobody has any incentive to improve anything and even bad, incompetent & customer unfriendly players will rake in the same moolah.

The time to get the best service is always *NOW*.

Airtel network was one the best in Mumbai but are the fire in the lower parel office {around 2 years back}

the network has become worst.....

its been two years but still they r unable to get that service back....

now Vodafone is the best in Mumbai

{by the way i am a Airtel user, but have to stick with it till number portability starts}

• Like 1