Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

BSNL Unlimited 512 Kbps At Rs.750 and doubles speed of Unlimited plans

^^^Yes, Reliance is still cheaper. There was a time when BSNL was the cheapest... not any more.

Too bad both Reliance and Airtel just declared their inability to provide me a connection. NOTriste.gif

Looks like its time to switch plans as 2mbps speed is no good for me in UL1350 plan. Better to move to 750UL plan and enjoy 512kbps

I am on ul1350 plan and the speed is still not doubled.

:previous:

I have been having the most problems with BSNL in the last 3 to 4 months for both my connections. I am totally fed up with their services and want to quit altogether. The only point holding me back is the LL which I have been having for almost 20 years. I know I can surrender only the BB services, but I am fed up with BSNL. The speeds are not available and every 15 to 20 minutes, there is a disruption in BB services and we have to reset the modem or pull out and re-insert the phone line jack into the modem. This last advise was given to me by the BSNL linesmen. Again after another 20 minutes, the same procedure has to be followed. It is highly irritating.

Can anyone suggest an alternative ISP? My current plans with BSNL are Plan 600 2mbps, 2.5GB d/l, and Rs 250 free TT) in one line and in the other line, the plan is Rs 750 512 kbps, UL d/l, zero free TT). Airtel is very costly, if I am not wrong. Another negative is they charge for Wifi modem extra at Rs 1000 or Rs 100 per month or so.

I was very happy with BSNL services for the last 3 years, but all that has come to nought in the last 3 to 4 months.

:previous:

check ur system with good antivirus.

Or try connecting ur line with LAPTOP or other DESKTOP.

might be virus problem.

^

u r in same boat as me ( 1 year ago); shifted to Airtel; Zero downtime till date; am on 799 combo plan; Speed 512Kbps unlimited download; 8 GB FUP (after which it reduces to 256); Rs. 500/- Airtel to Airtel Local Free; Call charges are 60p/m for Airtel and 75p/m others for both local and std... adsl modem was free; using my own wifi router of netgear (market cost about 1K) along with it; no issues at all...

http://www.airtel.in...adband/tariffs/

TOTAL PEACE OF MIND

Edited by dkaile

previous.gif Well, I'm sure you already know that amongst the bigger ISPs, Reliance has the cheapest tariffs. You could also check which local operators provide service in your area. Goes without saying that you need to 1st do some research on their level of service.

Meanwhile, what exactly seems to be the problem with your BSNL BB? What do the line parameters say? I'm sure your line has faults somewhere that are inducing them. Amongst other things try getting them to give you another line altogether.

Did Reliance is giving BB connection in villages? Did they want to lay cables if there is no network?

Hey guys I have a doubt... Im having BSNL 750UL plan which is 512kbps..I got the default BSNL UT300R2U modem and im getting a speed of 50-60kB/s. My friend took the same plan few days before and he called me to his house on asking how to download games and movies. He had a black color modem which is somemore bigger than mine. And while downloading one of the game it was goin in a speed of 100+kB/s and i was amazed..

Is it because of the modem or some line problem with mine???

Please reply, so that i can buy a new modem...

^^ Maybe he has subscribed to the GoD service. Games on Demand. While downloading from GoD, the speeds are high. The content is copied from an internal server.

If he has not subscribed to the GoD service, maybe his speed profile has been set incorrectly. Within a few days, the officials would correct it.