Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajeshkatiyar

Reliance HSD / EVDO / Netconnect Broadband+ coverage update

^^Mubarak

Speeds are increasing on Reliance EVDO - (Location - Meerut, UP)

1076515879.png

Kya Sirji aap MNP ka socho ge to kaise chalega

Reliance evdo started in Jalgaon maharashtra. Cud not chk speed as I m not a reliance user.

Today In Hoshiarpur I got EVDO signal for 1-2 Mins on Samsung MPower TV but it soon disappeared.

I tried to search a lot but in vain.

Can anyone confirm are they planning EVDO in Hoshiarpur?

Reliance is improving the EVDO (CDMA-3G) coverage at breathtaking speed.

It has already reached close to 150 cities/towns.

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_coverage.html

As posted earlier by one of the our members, the focus is clearly on the circles where they've not won GSM-3G spectrum.

Eagerly waiting for launch of USB modems which can seamlessly access both 3G technologies (EVDO and HSDPA) depending on n/w availability by Reliance.

Villagers, I'm sorry to say but you've to wait one more year either to see EVDO(CDMA-3G) signal or HSDPA(GSM-3G) signal from any operator. Operators' focus for the calendar year 2011 will only be on lucrative cities/towns.

Edited by kesav

:previous:

Tatas need to learn a lot from RCom wrt EV-DO expansion.. I already told this same idea to them, but those guys are not at all interested in hearing itself...

Still Cities for Punjab are missing.

Look at the Uttarpradesh List they covered a lot man

they are splitting cities into small town,

So count of cities number got seems to be inflated,

Just in case of delhi, it's 1 circle with region delhi&NCR, but they count it as 7,

In case of pune - it's count as 4,

This is not case with tata and MTS, they count delhi & Pune as ONE.

So not really exited about it.

Very bad experience with me bcoz of this Inflated count- In MPCG circle, Raigarh is town in chhattisgarh,

This town is only Having Single tower at Jindal(JSPL), Which is capable of serving only 1KM area. and Plant(tower location) is situated outside city 2KM,

So total city is untouched for EVDO, but Reliance count it as ONE city, which actually only Practically 0.5%.

Reliance is playing number game by saying 200 cities/town.

In practical if we reduce COUNT to 1 for cities like delhi/pune and consider only 0.5% coverage in raigarh, it Will surely fall below MTS,

In EVDO coverage

1st position to BSNL

2 MTS

3 Reliance

4 Tata Indicom.

• Like 1

:previous:

All your words are 100% TRUE mera Dosth... The Raigarh issue is also TRUE as I am visiting it once a month.. Wrt pvt CDMA operators, MTS seems better for now in EV-DO expansion.. Or atleast in my state (TN), MTS is faster than RCdma in increasing EVDO coverage(RCom didn't get 3G license here also)...

+1 for you...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

@me_saket.

Thanks for the lovely analysis.

As far as I know, your opinion is something which I also vouch for. When TATA or MTS proclaims that one particular city/town is covered, it means that they've upgraded all of their BTSes in that city/town. It's just my feeling.

But, Why these 2 companies reluctant to publish coverage maps if it can highlight superiority over RCOM's coverage?

So this action of hiding information leads to an another feeling that 'may be my feeling about MTS/TATA is wrong and they've something to hide so they're unwilling to release coverage maps'.

RCOM claims that they've covered one particular town/city even if one BTS is upgraded to EVDO Rev A out of say available 5 BTSes in that particular town/city.

It's quite strange but at least RCOM has guts to reveal the truth in their coverage map so as a subscriber I can make an informed decision.

Transparency is something which I observe in RCOM as far as EVDO coverage is concerned which is bit missing in TATA/MTS and which is completely missing in BSNL/MTNL.

Transparency leads to critical comment like one given by me_saket which helps company to correct itself which in turn leads to better customer experience.

I pray and hope RCOM exhibits such transparency even in their 3G roll-out by publishing coverage maps.

May be MTS/TATA can learn a lesson or two and become more transparent by which they can highlight their true superiority over competitors.

Edited by kesav

Well there are at at least 18 city (Mini City) Covered by Reliance EVDO which is still not in Coverage Page. Reason is testing and full roll out

@Saket Single Tower can take at least 7 km Radius in open and 3 km Radius in Scarce Building.

Your Position for BSNL on first looks okay but there City Coverage s**ks after 4 years i m still not finding EVDO coverage in office, they said EVDO still not alive on Rental Tower, And i m in Busiest Business Road in City / MG Road

@ all,

Is Trichy covered under EVDO?

According to the link provided by HP, it is. But if you go the coverage map page, it still says, " Town/Village not covered" :Decepcionado::confuse::Equivocado:

So whats the actual truth? One page claims and the other page disproves it? :Contento:

These things are possible only with RCOM. :rofl_200:

@me_saket.

Thanks for the lovely analysis.

As far as I know, your opinion is something which I also vouch for. When TATA or MTS proclaims that one particular city/town is covered, it means that they've upgraded all of their BTSes in that city/town.

But, Why these 2 companies reluctant to publish coverage maps unwilling to release coverage maps'.

Transparency is something which I observe in RCOM as far as EVDO coverage is concerned which is bit missing in TATA/MTS and which is completely missing in BSNL/MTNL.which helps company to correct itself which in turn leads to better customer experience.

I pray and hope RCOM exhibits such transparency even in their 3G roll-out by publishing coverage maps.

@kesav,

TATA and MTS is not doing cheating aswhat rcom does(1 tower=1city), I think u missed out this thing, and feeling reluctant for those.

By this i Remembered somthing.

IIn olden days not every small town/city/villages were covered by Telecom operator, and i used to check out "Coverage section" on vodafone/hutch airtel Tata indicom reliance website.

In those days for CDMA 1x means u have coverage, and Companies do marketing like "we are having XX cities, YY town ZZ kilometer of road and rail coverage"

I used to see maps, and fall sad about those town/villages where only one operator was exist, and other town where other operator was exist, Feel good that both places are covered by bsnl.So same situation is now with evdo and GSM-3g.

Thus if u see on city then it must be fully covered and not do partiallity by installing BTS in place where Most of Market/busniess exist and earn more.

Rcom is doing that by placing only 1BTS enabled to ATLEAST catch hold of those customer who for biz purpose need Wireless internet which they can't use at home, bcoz there home is at other end of city where EVDO doesn't exist.

WHAT IS USE OF SUCH WIRELESS BROADBAND, then simply for for wireline broadband.

Also TATA indicom never put any coverage maps on there website, even on those days list of cities/town with 1x coverage was mentioned on tataindicom website.

So no they didn't Do this time with EVDO.

Atleast i feel that if MTS/tata given city name i am assured that i will coverage in city Fully and not partially.

Regarding MTNL EVDO(i doubt 100% that It had EVDO network EXIST)

for bsnl maharashtra i got this listBSNL-EVDO

Which is nicely updated but not uptodate.

Secondly It's only reliance who do cheating by not covering Full city with EVDO thus the need arises for customer to check EVDO availability through map in there HOME/Office Area,

Otherwise Customer once seen map or list with town name never come back whether Deep coverage is extended ot new city is added.

It's Only we people who regularly check coverage town/list.

For Customer they very very rarely need to visit website for this issue, or required when they buy new WIRELESS connection. So for tata/mts there customer either check with Shop or see list of town where EVDO exist and be happy.( and rcom customer need to check whether company will cheat me in that area or city i want to visit).

Well there are at at least 18 city (Mini City) Covered by Reliance EVDO which is still not in Coverage Page. Reason is testing and full roll out

@Saket Single Tower can take at least 7 km Radius in open and 3 km Radius in Scarce Building.

Your Position for BSNL on first looks okay but there City Coverage s**ks after 4 years i m still not finding EVDO coverage in office, they said EVDO still not alive on Rental Tower, And i m in Busiest Business Road in City / MG Road

I know i had used Reliance india mobile from tower which is 20km from me in inital days,

7Km is theoretical, Practially 3km,

u can check out list provided by bsnl(link given), and i do not agree with u,

Bcoz Closest tower to me in nagpur is "Ajni gsm site/samrathnagar", which is at rented Apartment.

I know MG road in Nashik, yes, i agree it's Busiest road in town.

Try to get nearest tower location.

Finally TATA PHOTON+ has been rolled out in Sifti Da Ghar Amritsar........

But much awaited Reliance BB+ is still having no symptoms of its launch :(

I sometime feel that yeh shayad mere se darr gaye hain :D :D issi liye launch nai kar rahe :D :D :D :D

Atleast i feel that if MTS/tata given city name i am assured that i will coverage in city Fully and not partially.

Secondly It's only reliance who do cheating by not covering Full city with EVDO thus the need arises for customer to check EVDO availability through map in there HOME/Office Area,

It's Only we people who regularly check coverage town/list.

For Customer they very very rarely need to visit website for this issue, or required when they buy new WIRELESS connection. So for tata/mts there customer either check with Shop or see list of town where EVDO exist and be happy.( and rcom customer need to check whether company will cheat me in that area or city i want to visit).

My dear friend, I plead to disagree completely on each statement above individually and collectively.

MTS/TATA has upgraded each of the tower in their highlighted city/town is just a myth. No proof exists. If they've guts let them reveal it in their websites.

Let the published data speak for themselves....

Cheating is the way in which each business is run in the current world. Equating any corporate to the level of Harichandra is not necessary and it's like applying ash on our face on our own.

India is now a world of educated but very cost conscious youth.

Who wants EVDO? Net users.

Where they'll search of services? In the websites of service providers.

Where is the coverage map published? In the website of service provider.

Whom they'll trust? Companies which reveal more information.

Other than BSNL-Maharastra, no other unit is worth mentioning. Please show us at least outdated list of cities/towns covered in any other BSNL website other than Maharastra(outdated info) & Chennai(outdated info).

EVDO coverage of BSNL is better not to be spoken about. At least RCOM has upgraded 1 / 4 BTSes but BSNL has just updated 1 BTS for every 10 BTSes.Total stupidity.

Now, Reliance has hit past 200 towns/cities and approaching 225.

Way to go Reliance.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For the latest coverage list visit.... http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_coverage.html

Edited by kesav
  • Like 1

It is amazing to see that bigger cities of UTTAR PRADESH namely Allahabad, Varanasi etc doesn't have EVDO coverage while small towns like Azamgarh, Akbarpur etc got.

Hope they will cover big cities very soon, or there is other logic.

MTS/TATA has upgraded each of the tower in their highlighted city/town is just a myth. No proof exists. If they've guts let them reveal it in their websites.

I never said in any where that MTS/TATA has 100% upgrade their BTS to EVDO,

I mean They cover city completely 100%, not necessarily mean each tower need to be upgraded.

There is difference between city cover partially and fully.

But for end user it doen't matter that every BTs is EVDO or not.

TATA/mts has done cost effective solution by choosing few tower location to complete whole city/town area to EVDO.

Cheating is the way in which each business is run in the current world.

Sorry no Comments

India is now a world of educated but very cost conscious youth.

Who wants EVDO? Net users.

Where they'll search of services? In the websites of service providers.

Where is the coverage map published? In the website of service provider.

Whom they'll trust? Companies which reveal more information.

Very much true with 15% of Metro youth, and 0.05% of non Urban youth.

EVDO coverage of BSNL is better not to be spoken about. At least RCOM has upgraded 1 / 4 BTSes but BSNL has just updated 1 BTS for every 10 BTSes.Total stupidity.

Regarding bsnl coverage visitBSNLEVDO

No comments for 1/4 or 1/10 ratio of Operator.

Regarding bsnl coverage visitBSNLEVDO

It's a classic example of BSNL.

To know BSNL coverage, one should visit some third party site.

:rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

RCOM is on EVDO spree......

No Stopping at all..........

RCOM now hits past 225 mark and approaching 250 cities/towns.

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

Clearly, one can see lot of traction in the circles of Andhra Pradesh, (Uttar Pradesh + Uttarakhand) and Tamil Nadu.

It's not surprising to know that they've not won 3G spectrum in those circles.

Edited by kesav

Good to see Reliance expanding EVDO coverage in Tier II and III cities.

RCOM touches 500 mark in EVDO coverage.

Absolutely miraculous achievement.

Other than BSNL, RCOM is the numero uno operator in terms of 3G coverage ( 500 cities/towns in EVDO + 4 Mega cities in HSDPA).

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

PS:: @Kanaga, Sivakasi is in RCOM's EVDO coverage

In yet another market breaking initiative RCOM has slashed its EVDO USB price from Rs. 2399 to Rs. 1599

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by kesav

^^^ Thats good News Kesavji.. :) Thanks for sharing..