Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amarjot

HTC Incredible - Unable To Log On To Gmail

hi,

please advice, i just bought a new htc incredible..

most of functions are working so is the internet through wifi or reliance unlimited pack(slightly slow though).

it even is updating my gmail emails, but whenever i try to setup gmail at "setup" or try and enter gmail when trying to go to market

am getting an error which basically saying that it cannot connect to gmail servers to contact my data provider.

I cant even add my contacts through gmail.

Someone suggested a hard reset (will that erase the codes/setting to make this phone usable with reliance.

also a suggestion to Root it and install custom rom... i really dont know how to do that.

Amarjot

It doesn't work when you try it over WiFi as well?

nope, wifi or mobile network..

been trying it for almost over a week now.

same error, unable to connect.

Does gmail.com open up when accessing using browser?

yup, gmail opens every site opens if i enter through the web browzer or even the page which is setup to receive live mail (ie gmail page which is always on),

but if i try go through setup or market, where it asks to create or enter exsisting gmail account, after entering details takes 2 minutes and i get the foll message-

Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.

and below it comes written-

this could be a temprerory problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. if it continues call customer care.

I have even tried switching off the reliance data package and use only wifi same thing...

factory reset ur phone and it will solve ur problem..sometimes it happens ..even i faced the same problem a week ago...

:ditto: Factory reset is the only option.. I have to do it many times because i face the login problem in gmail/market.. unrevoked forever helps me backup and restore my phone while doing so.. ;)

@Greatest: Mere tarah ka problem :P

@Amarjot: I had a similar problem a while ago and had to hard reset the phone having no other option left. Yes, once you reset the phone, you'll have to reprogram it though in my case, I just had to reload the PRL via QPST and edit MSID by dialing ##778#

After hard reset, one has to reprogram the me1d and pe$n as well. In deepak's case it was a miracle ;)

though it was a miracle for Dr. Mufaddal's incredible also once.. I recollect he telling me to hard reset and only enter msid/prl to start services in the starting (almost 3-4 motnhs), because it worked in his phone, but unfortunately didnt work in mine.. So I had to reprogram my h/s...

Another, mentally strong suggestion that i can give is, before hard resetting just say, "JAI BAJRANG BALI' and hard reset.. it might become a miracle that u dont need to reprogram.. :)

[disclaimer:The above mentioned message is purely personal experience. It can vary from person to person. It depends on how much 'bhakti' you show to the lord.] :GirandoOjos:

Android is an awesome awesome powerful OS. its made for developers and its open source. I have never EVER heard or read any android device being bricked... Just enjoy it my friends... TO THE FULLEST :)

well i did hard reset 6-7 times from bootloader

and have reprogrammed handset 5-6 times

if u do "clear storage" from bootloader it will restore meid

if u do wipe from stock recovery it can restore meid

wiping incredible from custom recovery ( like clockwork mod) will NOT restore your meid .

So people who need to do hard reset , i sugges u root and wipe device from custom recovery , it will 100% keep your meid and pesn as it is

LOL . one more reason to root

the advantages of rooting just cant seem to grow !!!

Edited by Mufaddal

gonna try rooting first, now the million dollar question ..... How does one root?

Is there a guide, i have an android, i have heard the sky is the limit, so i guess journey begins from rooting...

rooting ke liye, go here...

unrevoked.com

Edited by Greatest

could some one give me a step by step guide or a link where it explains what i should do.

I saw some you tube videos, they asking to install the htc sync first then download sdk... etc etc..

please help.

Finally Rooted the phone,

loaded the windows driver which you get from the site unrevoked.com

had a youtube video guiding me,

basically you have to switch on the usb by going into settings/application/developing

and run unrevoked (i had not uninstalled htc sync, which i had to)...

and it went on perfect...

EXCEPT

still the error of unable to log on to gmail.. (although the phone keeps updating my gmail mails).

So i guess will have to perform a Hard reset.

But that would mean re-programming it.

Hitesh Bhai is really busy these days so just waiting for him to get a bit free , and then will perform the Hard reset.

If there is any other way please let me know.

hi,

did u finally got a solution ?

i too face the same problem ..

i got it re installed but still the same problem - please share the solution ?

niks813

clear gmail apps cache

@kaile as he already wipe Devices cache is clear. I Suggest you to load SkyRider rom from Market or from XDA-Directly

no solution at all..

been told to do a hard reset..

hitesh told me to download some programs, but since then unable to get in touch with him..

Infact it connects with wifi easily, but has suddenly Stopped connecting to reliance data services...

any advice...

check username and pw of data that u hv entered...

just for sake of it... i tried to log on to gmail...

and it logged on!!!

had tried everything ... but its working so finally logged on to market and downloaded freebies...